• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Moos is AD

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious that I'm not a fan of this hire. IMO, this guy has one chance to win me over. That chance is the football program. If he fucks this up I'll never be in his corner.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't have a name. But if I did, it wouldn't have been Bill fucking Moos.

At least we know where TomHusker is on this one.

I am on the fence. But I lean to the bad hire side. I will go I am 60% bad hire, 40% good hire on him.

Age, the dude is old and getting paid $1,000,000 to be old. Does he have the energy? That is my biggest concern. Heard on radio that he had a falling out with the Administration at Wash State. Fought with Phil Knight at Oregon, fighting with the Administration at Washington State. Makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmm....

He has no problem spending other people's money. hmmmmmmm..........

So the guy is head strong. Not sure if that is a good thing, because he needs to be a schmoozer. Nebraska boosters will absolutely HATE him very quickly if he is a head strong jackass.

He hired Mike Leach. That is his claim to fame.

He has zero ties to Nebraska. He had ties to Washington State. He might not have ever been to Nebraska before. I don't consider flying over Nebraska as being in Nebraska.

he is from Montana, beautiful country, and eastern washington, which is NOT considered beautiful country. It is so ugly it is called the Channeled SCABlands.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried to be supportive of past hires and find something positive in the decisions and I keep coming out with egg on my face.

So let's hope this guy is the fucking worst hire ever at Nebraska and once again I'm shown to be the bloviating message board idiot that don't know shit!!!

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, I don't know anything about him and really none of us do. It's hard for fans to really analyze an administrator. There are no X's and O's or wins and losses to consider. I guess we look at coaches hired, but that is probably one very small thing to consider. I don't like that he has zero ties to Nebraska. Just going to have to hope for the best, but I'm not overly optimistic.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hear people saying age is a factor at 67 if he only plans on being here for 3 years retiring at 70 Dave Rimington said he only had a couple more years at the program he was with maybe Rimington steps in

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hear people saying age is a factor at 67 if he only plans on being here for 3 years retiring at 70 Dave Rimington said he only had a couple more years at the program he was with maybe Rimington steps in

dave runs boomer esiason's charity.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt in my mind that we brought an AD in at this point in the year to get the ball rolling on Riley's replacement.

Feel bad for the good old boy, but his time has come to an end. He basically would need to win out at this point, and unfortunately for him that is beyond impossible.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious that I'm not a fan of this hire. IMO, this guy has one chance to win me over. That chance is the football program. If he fucks this up I'll never be in his corner.
Tom, I get the feeling I will never see another great Nebraska football team again in my life, just a feeling. I also had a gut feeling when the Huskers were playing great in the 1995 Bowl game that there would be some lean years possibly ahead. Boy, I just could not imagine how lean. Rumors say (that as an assistant coach) Frank Solich used to put down/belittle Steve Pederson (recruiting coordinator) many a time in front of others. So if true, all the misery that has come to fruition is because of something so minute, stupid, and immature.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom, I get the feeling I will never see another great Nebraska football team again in my life, just a feeling. I also had a gut feeling when the Huskers were playing great in the 1995 Bowl game that there would be some lean years possibly ahead. Boy, I just could not imagine how lean. Rumors say (that as an assistant coach) Frank Solich used to put down/belittle Steve Pederson (recruiting coordinator) many a time in front of others. So if true, all the misery that has come to fruition is because of something so minute, stupid, and immature.
Great teams are few and far between. I'd be happy with competitive and fundamentally sound. Let's start there and see what happens.