• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Moos is AD

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best NU can do? Interesting to say the least.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought when this company came up with a candidate it was supposed to be someone who you would of never thought about but when you hear you go, yeah, that's the perfect person.

Ok they got it right, I never thought of him.

The rest of it? All I got is, Who? Why? WTF?

And finally that kicked in the nuts feeling again.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what we are being told is that Nebraska is striving to become a mid major and we need to get out of the denial.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem like it doesn't it. They have plenty of schools to look to for a successful transition yet repeatedly take a chance.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as riled up as some of ye folk.

We don't know much about this guy. He may end up bringing in the best damn coach we've ever had for all we know.

I'm pretty sure they laid out their expectations for him. Those expectations being......don't do anything the last 2 guys did. They're not just gonna hand over the keys and tell him to have fun.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know. Just give him a chance. Really we got a good deal. Stole him. Under the radar.
Washington State athletics are about as "Wow'ing" as Oregon State football.
I'm sick of getting a deal, I want to one time go out and pay list for the Ferarri.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know. Just give him a chance. Really we got a good deal. Stole him. Under the radar.
Washington State athletics are about as "Wow'ing" as Oregon State football.
I'm sick of getting a deal, I want to one time go out and pay list for the Ferarri.

There is no such thing as an up and coming AD though. And there is no way in hell we are going to get an AD move sideways from an SEC school or anything like that.

This is about exactly what I expected.

Now, hiring a head coach....different deal. We can get an up and comer. They're out there. Shit, Frost is one of them.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I ain't giving him any time either. He said in the presser that he knows he needs to come in right away and make shit happen. He's right.

He also never mentioned anything about giving Riley time. He said "he's my coach, and I sure hope we get some wins to finish this season out."

We're not getting wins. 1 or 2 if we're lucky. I'm pretty sure he's already got his mind set that Riley's gone if we don't go bowling.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Moos? So he's a cow?

ba-dum, tis!

athank-yeuuu, athank-yeuuuu

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no such thing as an up and coming AD though. And there is no way in hell we are going to get an AD move sideways from an SEC school or anything like that.

This is about exactly what I expected.

Now, hiring a head coach....different deal. We can get an up and comer. They're out there. Shit, Frost is one of them.
I don't want an up and comer. I want a proven commodity. And no I'm not saying we need to steal an SEC AD. Hell I would go for a B1G AD myself. BUt whatever you do get a proven commodity. Pay the market price. Hell if what I heard, we are paying him 1 mil per year, than we are paying less for him than we did for ginger. WTF? We have got to put the money out there and let it known we want the job done. Until then we just got a deal. Runs great, check engine light is on but that is just one of those emission things. Yeah the dome light doesn't work and AC freezes up every once in a while too but boy we got a deal.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want an up and comer. I want a proven commodity. And no I'm not saying we need to steal an SEC AD. Hell I would go for a B1G AD myself. BUt whatever you do get a proven commodity. Pay the market price. Hell if what I heard, we are paying him 1 mil per year, than we are paying less for him than we did for ginger. WTF? We have got to put the money out there and let it known we want the job done. Until then we just got a deal. Runs great, check engine light is on but that is just one of those emission things. Yeah the dome light doesn't work and AC freezes up every once in a while too but boy we got a deal.

I see what you're saying, but I just don't see any proven AD coming here. It's a death trap.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to clarify this deal Moos was making 455K at WSU now he is making 1 mil. Did he just become twice the AD he was at WSU?
What a fucking deal!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is this who Nebraska is now? We have to pay twice as much just to get middle of the road talent to come here? If it is shut the fucking football program down. DO IT TODAY!
Bob Devaney was one of the top coaches in the country and we won.
Tom Osborne was one of the top coaches in the country and we won.
Since then we have talked abut the good old days. If we can not get the best anymore shut it down and we can still talk about how it used to be.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe money doesn't really talk like we think it does.

Perhaps being located below South Dakota, to be left of Iowa, above Kansas......aka in the middle of fucking nowhere.......with the craziest fanbase in the world......perhaps it's too much with the way the landscape of College Football has changed.

If they're paying this man we've never heard of more than double his salary to come here, maybe they've been throwing ungodly amounts of money at all sorts of candidates and nobody is biting.

We may never see the playoffs in our lifetimes. I'm serious. I'm 32 years old, and I may never see it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I ain't giving him any time either. He said in the presser that he knows he needs to come in right away and make shit happen. He's right.

He also never mentioned anything about giving Riley time. He said "he's my coach, and I sure hope we get some wins to finish this season out."

We're not getting wins. 1 or 2 if we're lucky. I'm pretty sure he's already got his mind set that Riley's gone if we don't go bowling.

Definitely wouldn't say he comes in and says Riley is his guy. He wasn't our AD and hired Paul Wulff and once he got the job he fired him. Just don't expect him to improve any other sport nor generate alumni to spend money. He is a Wazzu alum and couldn't sell anything to us. In fact he black listed alumni from getting bowl tickets to our first bowl game in a decade.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We see competition all around us. SDSU is an excellent example of a school who is competing waY beyond their ability. Iowa State is able to compete and pull out wins that should never happen. They are geographically in the same spot and don't have a fraction of what we have, yet we make excuses about how hard it is to get talent here. ISU plays with no money but they win games. No they don't play where I want Nebraska to play but they play better than Nebraska plays today.
BUt we can't even do that? We are a death trap? Okay, you win. I'm done. If we can''t compete than I am done with it. I would prefer to just shut the program down but if they want to keep going out there and embarrassing themselves that's their choice. because "they" have no connection to me.
I watched Bob Devaney in he 60s and 70s I watched Tom in the 70's 80's 90's and while there were a few ties I shook my head we played. We didn't always win but we played.
If they want to play this kind of football, with no heart, with no expectations then they are not the program I followed throughout my life.

"THEY" ARE IMPOSTERS AND "THEY" ARE NOT NEBRASKA FOOTBALL AND I DON'T CARE ANYMORE WHAT "THEY" DO BECAUSE THE PROGRAM I ASSOCIATED WITH HAD PRIDE. PRIDE IN WINNING, PRIDE IN PLAYING, PRIDE IN LOSING.

Last edited:

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did hire Mike Bellotti while at Oregon. If Bellotti isn't hired what is Nike U. Bellotti is the godfather of Nike U football. It's an interesting hire not a splash hire by any means. At least this guy has been an AD for more than 18 months.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did hire Mike Bellotti while at Oregon. If Bellotti isn't hired what is Nike U. Bellotti is the godfather of Nike U football. It's an interesting hire not a splash hire by any means. At least this guy has been an AD for more than 18 months.
And Mike Riley has been a head coach how long?