• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Moos is AD

HuskerBruce

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a football AD. This is a great hire. Let's face it, we don't really care about basketball. If we made it to the Final Four, it wouldn't matter if our football team didn't make it to a NY bowl game. Give the guy a chance and stop with your bitching. It's tiring. I've been to Cougar boards all over and they are all upset he left.

Without Google, name me 10 current P5 or even FBS Ads.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barry Alvarez Wisconsin
Bill Barta Iowa
Greg Byrne Alabama
Chris Del Conte TCU
Jamie Pollard Iowa State
Joe Castiglione Oklahoma unless he retired

now I am struggling
Gene somebody or is it Archie Griffiin at Ohio State
LOng Arkansas
Steve Pederson Pittsburgh I think he went back there

I give, I failed the challenge.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a football AD. This is a great hire. Let's face it, we don't really care about basketball. If we made it to the Final Four, it wouldn't matter if our football team didn't make it to a NY bowl game. Give the guy a chance and stop with your bitching. It's tiring. I've been to Cougar boards all over and they are all upset he left.

Well HuskerBruce, nice to meet you.

Oh and fuck you.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I plan to give the guy a chance. From everything i have heard in his press conferences, from old coaches that worked with him from other AD's (i listen to 1620 all day yesterday) I believe there is enough to merit a wait and see approach. TO for what it is worth gave lip service for the guy, we actually had a process something like 20 considerations. People talk about his age... means he is old enough to remember Nebraska and know all the piss poor coaching decisions, think the Pres and UNL have learned from past mistakes (please they have to have right?) Obviously nothing jumps off the paper and says WHEW HOME RUN!! The only AD's i really know of are ones who have been discussed as possible hires by the media and people who claim to be in the "know" and those who have ties to nebraska one way or another...

There is no way from listening to the guy talk, and others supporting him, that i believe he would hire another west coast type, no ML will not be coming here with his hot locker/shed.

Real question will be who do we get. Is Scott Frost the real deal? Can we get him? If not Scott Frost who?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the initial shock wore off I have decided also he may not be a bad hire. I will wait and see.
What got me is he just seems to fall into the pattern of recent hires.
Not unknown but certainly unproven?

A little advise to anyone that gets tired of my bitching? Just tell me to stop my bitching. Works everytime. Especially if you come from nowhere just to tell me that.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the initial shock wore off I have decided also he may not be a bad hire. I will wait and see.
What got me is he just seems to fall into the pattern of recent hires.
Not unknown but certainly unproven?

A little advise to anyone that gets tired of my bitching? Just tell me to stop my bitching. Works everytime. Especially if you come from nowhere just to tell me that.
The good i see from him is he has faced some Adversity, he has some past mistakes that give him learning moments, he clearly seems to be hands on with football, someone has to light a fire under the coaches asses when the Head Coach isnt doing it right? It would be easy to say hey lets get a AD who has been nothing bot successful but then you have to ask yourself was it the AD or was it luck or that schools board and pres etc who made the ship float? Soon enough we will find out. month and a half is all that is left til December. Say your prayers, do your rituals (voodoo what have ya) and hope for the best.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Nobody knows AD’s names really. I bet people know way less before names started coming out after Eichorst got fired.

People need to just chill and see who he hires as football coach first.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who the heck are you? Welcome sir

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Nobody knows AD’s names really. I bet people know way less before names started coming out after Eichorst got fired.

People need to just chill and see who he hires as football coach first.

Is jermey foley still at Florida?

That's all I got. I have no idea about bama

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is jermey foley still at Florida?

That's all I got. I have no idea about bama

Foley isn’t at Florida anymore

Greg Byrne is at Bama. Son of former Husker AD Bill Byrne

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it amusing when people tell ya to chill when the firehouse is burning down and the firemen are measuring their hoses.

Just calm down and wait and see what happens. I've been waiting and seeing for 15 freaking years and this is the last firehouse

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oooh, a game......
Lynn Swan- USC
Joe Castiglione (?)- OU
Gene Taylor- K-State
John Currie- Tennessee
Barry Alvarez- Wiscy
Greg Burns(?)- Bama

That's all I got.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides. Moos isn't firing or hiring anyone without boosters support

HuskerBruce

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not new to this board. I'm just new to the Husker board. I'm a rivals poster who didn't quite leave rivals completely. I'm just tired of negative ass Husker fans who bitch about our AD hire not being a homerun hire. Nobody knows who all the ADs are and you can dissect and find any flaw in any AD. You could argue Alvarez runs head coaches off. You could argue TCU's AD didn't hire Patterson himself. People who are whining about this have no idea wtf they are talking about and it really is time they just leave the keyboard for a while and reflect. We have an AD who is frank and will tell a head coach straight up what expectations are and what happens if he doesn't reach them. Seems to me Bo thought 9 wins and no conference titles was ok. But seriously, most probably didn't even know who Devaney was as a coach when we hired them. What we caught back then was lightning in a bottle but people think the success we had was something that was owed. That shit leaks over and you can tell our players and coaches expect the same thing when our success came from the pain and struggle of training. Probably the same problem Texas or USC has had recently. Fuck you too, monkey. You're insufferable.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not new to this board. I'm just new to the Husker board. I'm a rivals poster who didn't quite leave rivals completely. I'm just tired of negative ass Husker fans who bitch about our AD hire not being a homerun hire. Nobody knows who all the ADs are and you can dissect and find any flaw in any AD. You could argue Alvarez runs head coaches off. You could argue TCU's AD didn't hire Patterson himself. People who are whining about this have no idea wtf they are talking about and it really is time they just leave the keyboard for a while and reflect. We have an AD who is frank and will tell a head coach straight up what expectations are and what happens if he doesn't reach them. Seems to me Bo thought 9 wins and no conference titles was ok. But seriously, most probably didn't even know who Devaney was as a coach when we hired them. What we caught back then was lightning in a bottle but people think the success we had was something that was owed. That shit leaks over and you can tell our players and coaches expect the same thing when our success came from the pain and struggle of training. Probably the same problem Texas or USC has had recently. Fuck you too, monkey. You're insufferable.

I feel your frustration.

At first when I heard that Bill Moos was hired, I personally thought "who cares, as long as he gets the coaching hire right".

Then I thought about it for a while. I'm coming away thinking that this hire was a good one in the long run. He's got experience as an AD that we haven't had in a long time. God bless Dr. Tom but he was a coach. With all due respect he was a mediocre at best AD. Then came Steve, then Shawn. All 3 were bad in my opinion, and for different reasons.

Given Moos' background, as well as the respect he has among the other ADs in the country, I'd say we should have been looking for someone who is experienced and respected at doing a job like this, rather than somebody who was just a coach before or had only been doing this kind of job for a year or two before coming here. The fact that they put together a committee to outline the parameters for candidates is pretty reassuring actually.

This university has the money, the facilities, the resources, and yes, the tradition to attract the best, but if you're currently on a continuous merry-go-round with staffing changes and a whole lot of losing, why would they come? Isn't that skipping the frying pan and going straight to the fire?

I think based on who we got in our current situation, this was a better than average hire, especially for us with our recent history.

Because Nebraska has the money, the facilties, the resources and the tradition, I can understand why people expected something more, but I think they also have to be realistic about who would actually consider Nebraska as their next job given our current circumstances.

I know many think that we're gradually lowering the bar in what we expect out of the football program, or at least what the university expects, but I thoroughly believe we just made a step in the right direction with the hiring of Bill Moos.

I also believe he will announce the hiring of Scott Frost 5 minutes after Riley's post-game presser following the loss to Iowa.

HuskerBruce

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your frustration.

At first when I heard that Bill Moos was hired, I personally thought "who cares, as long as he gets the coaching hire right".

Then I thought about it for a while. I'm coming away thinking that this hire was a good one in the long run. He's got experience as an AD that we haven't had in a long time. God bless Dr. Tom but he was a coach. With all due respect he was a mediocre at best AD. Then came Steve, then Shawn. All 3 were bad in my opinion, and for different reasons.

Given Moos' background, as well as the respect he has among the other ADs in the country, I'd say we should have been looking for someone who is experienced and respected at doing a job like this, rather than somebody who was just a coach before or had only been doing this kind of job for a year or two before coming here. The fact that they put together a committee to outline the parameters for candidates is pretty reassuring actually.

This university has the money, the facilities, the resources, and yes, the tradition to attract the best, but if you're currently on a continuous merry-go-round with staffing changes and a whole lot of losing, why would they come? Isn't that skipping the frying pan and going straight to the fire?

I think based on who we got in our current situation, this was a better than average hire, especially for us with our recent history.

Because Nebraska has the money, the facilties, the resources and the tradition, I can understand why people expected something more, but I think they also have to be realistic about who would actually consider Nebraska as their next job given our current circumstances.

I know many think that we're gradually lowering the bar in what we expect out of the football program, or at least what the university expects, but I thoroughly believe we just made a step in the right direction with the hiring of Bill Moos.

I also believe he will announce the hiring of Scott Frost 5 minutes after Riley's post-game presser following the loss to Iowa.

People forget a genius coach like Tom inherited a program with a more solid foundation and it took him 22 years to win a national title. They better cool their expectations for the next guy. The entire house needs gutted. This is almost what Bob inherited. People who have the expectation of challenging for a national title every five years will continually be disappointed. For starters the foundation isn't there and secondly it isn't who we are. We are consistently very good then we have a period where we rule, rinse repeat. Look at the schedule the next 2 years. Frost gets here and goes 7-5 some of these insane people will want him fired.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HuskerBruce,
Do you think I give a fuck about what you do at rivals or what tv shows you watch? If you have not posted on this board, which is the Husker board, or at least with any frequency than you have come out of nowhere to tell me what I need to do and I will tell you to fuck off every single time that happens.
You said he is a great hire? How do you know this? Do you have some great inside information or is it because he hired a pirate? Made a deal with Nike? Or is it because he pissed of Phil KNight?

And so you have decided we have an AD who will be frank with his coaches. Just how do you know this? Because he said so? And Eichorst said he wouldn't evaluate coaches during the season to. How long did that last? I'm not saying he won't do just that, but my point is you have no idea, therefore you don't know what you are talking about either.

As for what I know? I know that we hired an unknown again. I want the checkbook pulled out and a great hired. Not a hopefully great, a great. When we competed we had great. Since we have had hopefully greats we have become the laughing stock of college football. We have thee money, spend what needs to be spent to get it done.
And you are right, there are a lot of unknown ADs out there, I can't name ten, but there are some known and we don't need ten. We need one. One great AD to hire one great HC.
My great choice? Personally I was hoping the checkbook would come out and we would call Greg Byrne home. If not than there is Del Conte, Chris Hill, Kirby Hocutt...

So I know a little, it might not agree with what you know but I really could care less about what you know, think you know or don't know.
But because I disagree strongly with us once again going for the unproven, and therefore disagree with you I am a whiner and insufferable. Seeing that I could care less what about your opinion and you have your panties all in a wad about my opinion you just might be the insufferable one.

Either way I will continue to have my opinion and if that is insufferable, don't let the door hit ya in the ass. Or do I really don't care.

@gobigred my reply to you was just troll bait for a newb. It's not all as dramatic as I made out. Though I do wish they had hired my choice I, as I said before the idiot came in, am going to give him time to prove himself.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh @HuskerBruce you might want to check your history on Bob Devaney. He was an up and coming coach.
35-10-5 in five years at Wyoming and 4 conference titles. People knew who he was.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HuskerBruce,
Do you think I give a fuck about what you do at rivals or what tv shows you watch? If you have not posted on this board, which is the Husker board, or at least with any frequency than you have come out of nowhere to tell me what I need to do and I will tell you to fuck off every single time that happens.
You said he is a great hire? How do you know this? Do you have some great inside information or is it because he hired a pirate? Made a deal with Nike? Or is it because he pissed of Phil KNight?

And so you have decided we have an AD who will be frank with his coaches. Just how do you know this? Because he said so? And Eichorst said he wouldn't evaluate coaches during the season to. How long did that last? I'm not saying he won't do just that, but my point is you have no idea, therefore you don't know what you are talking about either.

As for what I know? I know that we hired an unknown again. I want the checkbook pulled out and a great hired. Not a hopefully great, a great. When we competed we had great. Since we have had hopefully greats we have become the laughing stock of college football. We have thee money, spend what needs to be spent to get it done.
And you are right, there are a lot of unknown ADs out there, I can't name ten, but there are some known and we don't need ten. We need one. One great AD to hire one great HC.
My great choice? Personally I was hoping the checkbook would come out and we would call Greg Byrne home. If not than there is Del Conte, Chris Hill, Kirby Hocutt...

So I know a little, it might not agree with what you know but I really could care less about what you know, think you know or don't know.
But because I disagree strongly with us once again going for the unproven, and therefore disagree with you I am a whiner and insufferable. Seeing that I could care less what about your opinion and you have your panties all in a wad about my opinion you just might be the insufferable one.

Either way I will continue to have my opinion and if that is insufferable, don't let the door hit ya in the ass. Or do I really don't care.

@gobigred my reply to you was just troll bait for a newb. It's not all as dramatic as I made out. Though I do wish they had hired my choice I, as I said before the idiot came in, am going to give him time to prove himself.

Greg Byrne just got to Alabama this year so not realistic to leave so quick
Del Conte sounded like had great resume but also sounded like happy where was and no desire to leave
Hocutt- don’t know much about him except is at Texas Tech. Saw had been at Miami before Eichorst
Chris Hill- never heard of him till this and had to see is at Utah