• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Moos is AD

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget a genius coach like Tom inherited a program with a more solid foundation and it took him 22 years to win a national title. They better cool their expectations for the next guy. The entire house needs gutted. This is almost what Bob inherited. People who have the expectation of challenging for a national title every five years will continually be disappointed. For starters the foundation isn't there and secondly it isn't who we are. We are consistently very good then we have a period where we rule, rinse repeat. Look at the schedule the next 2 years. Frost gets here and goes 7-5 some of these insane people will want him fired.
Please good God. Tom Osborne did inherit a program. But a program doesn't continue to win titles just because it did before. Tom Osborne created his offense to compete with the talent available to him. Everyone always talks about how easy he had it in the Big 8 but you don't just play conference. We also had ooc and bowl games and we had some lean years but we always competed. We could of been a Kansas or even worse Nebraska today. But we weren't.

Devaney was a great coach, Osborne was a great coach and that is why the program succeeded. It is as simple as that. I believe Solich would have done the same with time but we had an AD with his head up his ass so we will never know but look at what he has done with the Bobcats.

Since than we have not had a great coach. It is not complicated. A championship program has a great head coach and if you don't have that you are not going to fall into it no matter how many ways you try to do it.

HuskerBruce

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HuskerBruce,
Do you think I give a fuck about what you do at rivals or what tv shows you watch? If you have not posted on this board, which is the Husker board, or at least with any frequency than you have come out of nowhere to tell me what I need to do and I will tell you to fuck off every single time that happens.
You said he is a great hire? How do you know this? Do you have some great inside information or is it because he hired a pirate? Made a deal with Nike? Or is it because he pissed of Phil KNight?

And so you have decided we have an AD who will be frank with his coaches. Just how do you know this? Because he said so? And Eichorst said he wouldn't evaluate coaches during the season to. How long did that last? I'm not saying he won't do just that, but my point is you have no idea, therefore you don't know what you are talking about either.

As for what I know? I know that we hired an unknown again. I want the checkbook pulled out and a great hired. Not a hopefully great, a great. When we competed we had great. Since we have had hopefully greats we have become the laughing stock of college football. We have thee money, spend what needs to be spent to get it done.
And you are right, there are a lot of unknown ADs out there, I can't name ten, but there are some known and we don't need ten. We need one. One great AD to hire one great HC.
My great choice? Personally I was hoping the checkbook would come out and we would call Greg Byrne home. If not than there is Del Conte, Chris Hill, Kirby Hocutt...

So I know a little, it might not agree with what you know but I really could care less about what you know, think you know or don't know.
But because I disagree strongly with us once again going for the unproven, and therefore disagree with you I am a whiner and insufferable. Seeing that I could care less what about your opinion and you have your panties all in a wad about my opinion you just might be the insufferable one.

Either way I will continue to have my opinion and if that is insufferable, don't let the door hit ya in the ass. Or do I really don't care.

@gobigred my reply to you was just troll bait for a newb. It's not all as dramatic as I made out. Though I do wish they had hired my choice I, as I said before the idiot came in, am going to give him time to prove himself.

Mike Belloti built Oregon and Moos hired him. Fuck Phil Knight the guy forced him out and made him sign a no competition clause because he knew Moos was a good one.

So who did you want hired as AD?

HuskerBruce

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind. Del Conte didn't hire Patterson dude. And he wouldn't bring Patterson with him if we had hired him just like Moos isn't bringing Leach with him.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Byrne just got to Alabama this year so not realistic to leave so quick
Del Conte sounded like had great resume but also sounded like happy where was and no desire to leave
Hocutt- don’t know much about him except is at Texas Tech. Saw had been at Miami before Eichorst
Chris Hill- never heard of him till this and had to see is at Utah
Greg Byrne has ties with Nebraska and familiarity with the program. He also may like the idea and challenge of building his own program. Perhaps that and a Big Red checkbook would bring him here. Perhaps they asked and he said no.
We don't know. My point is I do know a little bit about what I am talking about. While it may not be in agreement with you or him or others on the board my thoughts are processed and don't just get grabbed out of my ass.
To have some smart@ss stroll in here and start throwing names and accusations around pisses me off and I am going to make sure he knows it.

And let him spout off enough and you find out how ignorant he can be.
The dumbass doesn't even know the history of this program he has all the answers for.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind. Del Conte didn't hire Patterson dude. And he wouldn't bring Patterson with him if we had hired him just like Moos isn't bringing Leach with him.
:wtf:
You dumbfuck I didn't say he hired Patterson and I didn't say I wanted Patterson here.
Look at his freaking trophies. Look at the facilities. Look at the freaking money he has brought them.

HuskerBruce

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:
You dumbfuck I didn't say he hired Patterson and I didn't say I wanted Patterson here.
Look at his freaking trophies. Look at the facilities. Look at the freaking money he has brought them.

Listen retard I'll take an AD who had made 2 great hires in football. You continue to bitch all you want. It's what you are.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I am a whiner and don't know anything about what I'm talking about?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Leach said Moos was the best AD he had "ever even met" and also that Moos was the AD "everybody wanted to coach for" and that he was "lucky enough to get to."

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen retard I'll take an AD who had made 2 great hires in football. You continue to bitch all you want. It's what you are.
If you haven't gleaned from what I have said already, I don't care who you take. Why is it so important to you that my opinion be the same as yours?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't gleaned from what I have said already, I don't care who you take. Why is it so important to you that my opinion be the same as yours?
BECAUSE!@!!!@@!@! YOUR OPINION IS WRONG!!!!! WRONG!!!!! NOW GET BACK IN LINE!!!!! :D

on a side note i dont agree with your opinion :D to each their own... :D

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that is why they say opinions are like assholes. If you gotta mess with someone else's your a homo.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And which admin went into my profile and iggied him for me? That was a nice gesture but no.

Last edited:

HuskerBruce

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a disaster. From upper administration down to the fans. That's why Moos is the right guy. He's seen this shit before and his response was to booze and seduce coaches to fix the shit.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the coaches. He needs to booze the fans. If he wants to seduce Riley, that's his opinion .

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me see...new guy pissed off the monkey - all caught up.....carry on. :thumb:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moos had better hope Scott Frost wants to come to Nebraska. I have already stated I am on board a Scott Frost hire when I compared Frost to Fuente(a coach I wanted in 2014).

If he doesn't, then we will determine how good of a hire Moos is.

I said this before, the next head coach will come from the Group of 5 or be a coordinator from a Power 5. No Winning Power 5 Coach will come here unless he is rebounding from being fired again for being a bad coach. Nebraska does not need a recently fired Power 5 that was a proven bad coach. Charlie Strong should not be considered.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So either Gruden or Tressel is what I’m hearing, they’re in a low bidding war is the deal