• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Moos is AD

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep finding myself on the fence about Frost. Just scares me hiring a guy who has 2 years experience as a head coach.

But then I think about Scott Frost. Everything the guy touches turns to gold. It's been that way his whole career. At Nebraska, fans were absolutely certain he wasn't the answer after the loss to Arizona State. But what happens then? Next year he takes Nebraska to the Natty and they absolutely dominate to give Tom Osborne one last Championship on his way out the door.

His playing opportunities at the next level were limited, but look at the list of coaches he played and learned under. Bill Bellichick, Bill Parcells, Jon Gruden.....and that's after playing under and learning from one of the most genius Offensive minds in football in Tom Osborne.

Then he moves on to coach LB's at Nothern Iowa. Almost immediately he is promoted to co-defensive coordinator. Hmmm, wonder why. They go on to become one of the strongest Defensive units in the FCS that year.

He then joins Oregon the next year on the Offensive side of the ball. Immediately Oregon coincidentally becomes an Offensive powerhouse. They play for a Natty, win PAC 12 Championships, and rise to #1 in the country on multiple occasions. Then Frost leaves for UCF and Oregon immediately falls apart. Probably coincidence I guess...

So he takes over a program in UCF that was 0-12 the previous season, immediately takes them to a bowl game. Next season, they're undefeated and ranked in the top 25.

I'll take Frost now.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Byrne, would of loved to bring him home

Nebraska had an opportunity to land him when he was the AD at Arizona. Instead the shithead Pearlman hire Eichorst.

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep finding myself on the fence about Frost. Just scares me hiring a guy who has 2 years experience as a head coach.

But then I think about Scott Frost. Everything the guy touches turns to gold. It's been that way his whole career. At Nebraska, fans were absolutely certain he wasn't the answer after the loss to Arizona State. But what happens then? Next year he takes Nebraska to the Natty and they absolutely dominate to give Tom Osborne one last Championship on his way out the door.

His playing opportunities at the next level were limited, but look at the list of coaches he played and learned under. Bill Bellichick, Bill Parcells, Jon Gruden.....and that's after playing under and learning from one of the most genius Offensive minds in football in Tom Osborne.

Then he moves on to coach LB's at Nothern Iowa. Almost immediately he is promoted to co-defensive coordinator. Hmmm, wonder why. They go on to become one of the strongest Defensive units in the FCS that year.

He then joins Oregon the next year on the Offensive side of the ball. Immediately Oregon coincidentally becomes an Offensive powerhouse. They play for a Natty, win PAC 12 Championships, and rise to #1 in the country on multiple occasions. Then Frost leaves for UCF and Oregon immediately falls apart. Probably coincidence I guess...

So he takes over a program in UCF that was 0-12 the previous season, immediately takes them to a bowl game. Next season, they're undefeated and ranked in the top 25.

I'll take Frost now.
Very well said. You might have swayed me to the hire Scott Frost side.

He also played for Bill Walsh at Standford.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody want to explain to me what all the hysteria is that is going on and the rumor mill right now with Bill Moos?

Is it simply because he hasn't been heard from or seen in awhile? I'm lost.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard it's because he's a boozer. Personally I find that a positive that a man knows to find an outlet for his daily woes but Dr. Tom probably would disagree.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf....reddit is running our program???

The biggest blow and the thing that has fueled the rumors the most is a Reddit poster named IDontBelieveInIsms. This particular poster is well known in that community as someone who is an "insider." They posted, "I will just make this statement now. There will very likely be some stuff that comes out in the very near future from around the AD. It has been an ongoing issue. It has very likely come to its logical end. The same McKweon article today was a man digging a PR grave. Someone’s body is going to end up in that grave. It is unfortunate that sometimes help doesn’t help and people have their demons.

To give you an idea, I expect Tim Miles to outlast Bill Moos."

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BrownsAndCavs
18 points · 13 hours ago
How long do you think Miles lasts?

level 3
IDontBelieveInIsms
36 points · 13 hours ago
I mean I would be shocked if miles made it through the season. I would be more shocked if Moos made it through the week.

level 4
BenJG97
17 points · 13 hours ago
do you have any clue as to who would be on the list for our new AD?

level 5
IDontBelieveInIsms
36 points · 13 hours ago
Danny White for one

level 6
tick_daddy
56 points · 13 hours ago
The salt from UCF would be visible from Mars, maybe Venus.

level 7
Trips_93
23 points · 13 hours ago · edited 12 hours ago
They’d be pissed. I’d take Danny white for moose 100% though

level 7
huskersax
13 points · 12 hours ago
The bath salts from UCF would be visible from Mars, maybe Venus.

Remember this is Orlando....

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC our Athletic Department is a dysfunctional family

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Times like these I sure am happy that weed is illegal. I mean can you imagine how completely fucked our program would be if we had a weed head running our AD.

Thank God alcohol is legal and marijuana is not.

Once again thank you T.O thank you Pete Rickets. Keeping us safe.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually unless there is some embezzlement or something I say give the guy time. His hiring of Frost was a no-brainer but it's still his hire. Let's see how he replaces Miles and then decide about him.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually unless there is some embezzlement or something I say give the guy time. His hiring of Frost was a no-brainer but it's still his hire. Let's see how he replaces Miles and then decide about him.

unless its not for his work but other things.....

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing it doesn't have to do with work, but more being a dick to employees or something.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

r/Huskers

•Posted by
u/livestrong10
3 hours ago
Looks like the university will back Moos

twitter.com/swmcke...
renderTimingPixel.png

114 comments
Sort by
Single comment thread. View all comments
level 1
huskermut
44 points · 3 hours ago
Isms, analysis.

level 2
IDontBelieveInIsms
7 points · 56 minutes ago
I think it is short covering for higher ups to buy time and to cover their necks

level 3
chubbysuperbiker
3 points · 30 minutes ago
I wondered that too, if you don't have enough time to cover you give him enough rope and let him make his bed.

level 4
Husker_Red
1 point · 18 minutes ago
Wait. You actually want Moos gone?

level 5
chubbysuperbiker
1 point · 9 minutes ago
Hell no I don't!