• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest draft busts

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entman for sure was the number 2 biggest busts behind Russell.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that this list was nice to the Lions and only listed two of our 1st round picks as bust and neither was Joey Harrington.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of Cornhuskers on that list. Not surprising at all. Hell, half of them were from the Big 10.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers = Jamaine Stephens (OT) and Limas Sweed (WR)

Limas Sweed wad a late 2nd round pick. That's not really a bust.

And everyone knows that the Steelers biggest draft bust was Gabe Rivera over Marino.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And everyone knows that the Steelers biggest draft bust was Gabe Rivera over Marino.

Uh, no. Considering what was expected of Sweed, how good he was at Texas, and how absolutely awful he was in Pittsburgh, he is absolutely a bust

And Gabe Rivera wasnt a bust simply because the front office fucked up and picked him over Marino; that doesnt make him a bust. Besides, we'll never know just how good he might've been, had he not had his accident

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will go down as one of the biggest "I'll pass" mistakes in Steeler franchise history, but Gabe being the biggest bust?...I'm going to disagree on that one. Accident cut his career short.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More recently, Jarvis Jones & Artie Burns.

Both were busts, but largely because they were reach picks to begin with...even though Jones had college hype he failed to deliver on...red flag health issues had teams at the top of the draft bailing on Jones and the Steelers walked right into that trap.

Burns...was an even bigger reach.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both were busts, but largely because they were reach picks to begin with...even though Jones had college hype he failed to deliver on...red flag health issues had teams at the top of the draft bailing on Jones and the Steelers walked right into that trap.

Burns...was an even bigger reach.
Jones... Red flag health issues and IIRC he bombed at the combine & pro day.

Burns... Definitely a reach, but it was a glaring position of need. Don't recall if he was BPA at that position but obviously it didn't work out. He started out with some promise, but his confidence quickly devolved to a point where it should have been a crime to even roster him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones... Red flag health issues and IIRC he bombed at the combine & pro day.

Burns... Definitely a reach, but it was a glaring position of need. Don't recall if he was BPA at that position but obviously it didn't work out. He started out with some promise, but his confidence quickly devolved to a point where it should have been a crime to even roster him.

Jones...if you remember he transferred to UGA from USC because of the health condition...maybe because of the condition, IDK, but was allowed to "not be" much of a practice player if you will. Didn't do anything at the combine to my knowledge and had a predictably bad pro day (with MT & Colbert in a attendance). I've said numerous times I thought Alec Ogleetree was the best pro LB prospect on that team...but had a few character issue so he dropped far beyond where Jones was taken.

Burns...had 1st round base talent...height, weight, speed, agility. The kid just didn't have enough snaps to be ready to play at the next level. Had no concept of zone coming in and struggled with it. Got burnt a few times and on a team expecting to play JAN football every season, the pressure was too much. He became too passive allowing the 5 to 7 yd catch when ever the QB needed it.

He'll definitely get picked up and might even get another chance to start.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones...if you remember he transferred to UGA from USC because of the health condition...maybe because of the condition, IDK, but was allowed to "not be" much of a practice player if you will. Didn't do anything at the combine to my knowledge and had a predictably bad pro day (with MT & Colbert in a attendance). I've said numerous times I thought Alec Ogleetree was the best pro LB prospect on that team...but had a few character issue so he dropped far beyond where Jones was taken.

Burns...had 1st round base talent...height, weight, speed, agility. The kid just didn't have enough snaps to be ready to play at the next level. Had no concept of zone coming in and struggled with it. Got burnt a few times and on a team expecting to play JAN football every season, the pressure was too much. He became too passive allowing the 5 to 7 yd catch when ever the QB needed it.

He'll definitely get picked up and might even get another chance to start.
Jones... I do recall the transfer but didn't remember the health condition. Also recall you being fond of Ogletree that year.

Burns... It was painfully obvious that they drafted a square peg to fill a round hole. We discussed it at length many times over that they drafted a raw, press-cover kid to play zone. He was touted as smart, had a good story and was an easy kid to root for. But it was a terrible fit and a pure gamble.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Junkin, Courtney Brown, Tim Couch, Trent Richardson, Gerald Warren, Johnny Manziel, William Green, Justin Gilbert, Barkevious Mingo

There has been so many lol