• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest draft busts

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Manziel was just on the list bc he such a popular name, most think of him less as a bust and more as just a fuck up that was drafted too high.
Mingo never had a true position for most of his career, basically like he just didn't have the right fit but lasted longer than most. Warren was another guy that lasted a long time in the league but his peak was just not very good.

Couch the biggest bust on this list.

Gilbert was an awful pick.

Trent Richardson had that great rookie year but than drastically just fell apart. Body broke down so not a typical "bust" pick but he just had so many expectations after the Heisman and that rookie year.

Mingo...yeah, he had a pass rushers build, but no bend, no moves. He was athletic enough to play off the ball, but no feel for it....his athleticism extended his career longer than normal for a guy making so few plays.

TR...didn't he get fat, kind of lost interest in football?

Gilbert was an awful pick and Tomlin followed CLE, thinking PIT could get something out of him...only played 3 seasons.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo...yeah, he had a pass rushers build, but no bend, no moves. He was athletic enough to play off the ball, but no feel for it....his athleticism extended his career longer than normal for a guy making so few plays.

TR...didn't he get fat, kind of lost interest in football?

Gilbert was an awful pick and Tomlin followed CLE, thinking PIT could get something out of him...only played 3 seasons.
I think TR wasn't all that bright and you might be right. Had a solid rookie season. Did score a bunch of TDs but ypc pretty bad.

Gilbert no doubt a bad pick.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK was due to his circumstances. Put him on a team that protected him and had some talent I think he could have been a solid QB. Not elite, but solid. If that makes him a bust so be it

"Solid"...I look at Dalton as solid....September thru DEC.

If CIN cuts him loose, I'm almost certain he will get picked up by another team.

You saw Couch play a lot more than I did...why didn't the former #1 overall not get picked up by any other team? Was he injured?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Junkin, Courtney Brown, Tim Couch, Trent Richardson, Gerald Warren, Johnny Manziel, William Green, Justin Gilbert, Barkevious Mingo

There has been so many lol
Was Courtney Brown the one who was arrested with a gun and Carmen Policy's statement was "the police said he was the nicest guy we ever arrested"?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If CIN cuts him loose, I'm almost certain he will get picked up by another team.

You saw Couch play a lot more than I did...why didn't the former #1 overall not get picked up by any other team? Was he injured?
He was pretty badly injured. Elbow issues. I think GB had him for a minute.

My liking him was based on seeing him take mostly middling players to the playoffs in 2002. Skill players were Kevin Johnson, Quincy Morgan, Dennis Northcutt, Andre Davis, Aaron Shea and william Green.

Last edited:

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The poor guy was trucked after 2-3 years. I don't think he was ever going to be a star but could have been a solid starter had he been healthy. I know GB picked him up for a while

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Aaron Curry. Really thought he was going to be a star. Lots of what ifs on the list in the OP for sure.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty badly injured. Elbow issues. I think GB had him for a minute.

My liking him was based on seeing him take mostly middling players to the playoffs in 2002. Skill players were Kevin Johnson, Quincy Morgan, Dennis Northcutt, Andre Davis, Aaron Shea and william Green.
yeah I would place manziel & Brady Quinn as bigger duds than Couch. maybe someone is talking of him because he was a #1 pick. :noidea:
but he wasnt a horrible QB.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limas Sweed wad a late 2nd round pick. That's not really a bust.

And everyone knows that the Steelers biggest draft bust was Gabe Rivera over Marino.

That's a bad one, I think Seattle did pretty good passing on Favre for McGwire, especially considering Chuck Knox was lobbying for Favre openly, coaches input made no difference to Behring.... :faint2:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Aaron Curry. Really thought he was going to be a star. Lots of what ifs on the list in the OP for sure.

Curry had all the physical tools, strength, speed, explosive off the line, knock the piss outta blockers, the guy was as a for sure pro bowl future player as you could get, until you realized wait, he can't adjust mentally, every play is like some robotic play, he couldn't adjust or read the field... It was 100 percent all mental with him and his physical tools fooled everyone...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how can it not be jamarcus russel?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember bragging on the Cowboys board when sports illustrated predicted Danny Watkins to be the best rookie from the draft. That’s what I get...

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember bragging on the Cowboys board when sports illustrated predicted Danny Watkins to be the best rookie from the draft. That’s what I get...

How about you staying OFF the Cowboys board and stick to only trolling the NFL board. Thanks.