• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Biggest Cheater in all sports, all time?

Who's the biggest cheater of all time

• Bill Belichek - Spy Gate

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Tom Brady - Deflate Gate/Spy Gate

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Barry Bonds/Mark McGuire/Sammy Sosa/Roger Clemens/all juicers

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Lance Armstrong

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • Pete Rose - Betting on Baseball (Please let this be 0, because he belongs in the HOF)

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • Tim Donaghy - NBA ref who bet on his games

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Tonya Harding

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Other...

Votes: 10 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be Donaghy when Stern was the one pulling the strings for actual game events.

Harding...i don't know if that's cheating technically. That's just a straight up crime.

It's hard to separate Brady and BB and I highly doubt tom brady said "no Bill, I don't want all the secrets gained from your illegal cheating cameras." But Brady also didn't violate the NFL's concussion protocol or take out headset communications...so I think BB would need to be #1 with Brady no better than 2.

We have no idea what the level of PED use even for the guys listed....and the statistical evidence for their effect on performance has been minimal so far.

Rose....betting on your team isn't ideal, and more changes things for gambler.

Armstrong is one. We know it. But is he a bigger cheater than the rest of his competition. Didn't his main rival during that time also get busted for doping later on?

When we talk about the biggest cheater it has to be compared to the rest of his field IMO. Because cheating is so different in different sports.

So I'm gonna say BB for his long list of shady shit.

Armstrong gets a pass from me because the whole cycling community was cheating, Lance Was Just better, and I probably would have steadfastly denied it to.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armstrong gets a pass from me because the whole cycling community was cheating, Lance Was Just better, and I probably would have steadfastly denied it to.

That's kinda what I was saying.

When your entire competition is doing it....you aren't even necessarily the biggest cheater in your sport.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's your opinion of Carl Lewis? He tested positive at the Indianapolis trials for 1988, thus shouldn't have even been at Seoul.

Good call, I forgot about him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like videotaping wasn't illegal eh?
I don't think you'll find a Patriot fan on the hoop that would disagree that video tapping from certain location is illegal. The majority of us feel BB felt he was (which he likely is) smarter than the NFL. He honestly felt he discovered another loophole. He pissed in Goodell's wheaties and Goodell threw the book at him because he was butt hurt.

So no it's not the same steroids are illegal federally. Video tapping from certain locations not so much.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Chicago Black Sox? Ridiculous poll.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider bribery for hosting sites "cheating."

Heh. I'm sure that makes sense in your own mind somehow.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. I'm sure that makes sense in your own mind somehow.

No. You seemed to ignore the clarifier. It's still wrong. But it doesn't fit in with the spirit of what this poll is about.

You seemed to twist that to try and fit your own agenda.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda what I was saying.

When your entire competition is doing it....you aren't even necessarily the biggest cheater in your sport.

Which is, of course, pretty much the entirety of Pat's fans defense of their team's shenanigans.

'If you ain't cheating you ain't trying!'

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You seemed to ignore the clarifier. It's still wrong. But it doesn't fit in with the spirit of what this poll is about.

You seemed to twist that to try and fit your own agenda.

My anti soccer and Olympic agenda?

OOooookaaaaaay.

You caught me.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you'll find a Patriot fan on the hoop that would disagree that video tapping from certain location is illegal. The majority of us feel BB felt he was (which he likely is) smarter than the NFL. He honestly felt he discovered another loophole. He pissed in Goodell's wheaties and Goodell threw the book at him because he was butt hurt.

So no it's not the same steroids are illegal federally. Video tapping from certain locations not so much.
Weeds illegal federally. It's not in Colorado .

Your argument holds no weight, it wasn't illegal by nfl standards

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, is "video tapping from certain locations" legal?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeds illegal federally. It's not in Colorado .

Your argument holds no weight, it wasn't illegal by nfl standards
How does my argument not hold weight? Both are illegal. You forgot weed is not illegal in WA as well. However, it is still in the NFL. So are steroids. Own it Steeler fans it was a long time ago. You remember the stories your daddy told you about how the Steelers used to be great and *won a handful of SBs.