• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Biggest Cheater in all sports, all time?

Who's the biggest cheater of all time

• Bill Belichek - Spy Gate

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Tom Brady - Deflate Gate/Spy Gate

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Barry Bonds/Mark McGuire/Sammy Sosa/Roger Clemens/all juicers

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Lance Armstrong

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • Pete Rose - Betting on Baseball (Please let this be 0, because he belongs in the HOF)

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • Tim Donaghy - NBA ref who bet on his games

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Tonya Harding

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Other...

Votes: 10 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance is up there as well. Everybody was cheating but he ran his teams like a mafia boss crushing anybody that got in his way. I'm still amazed he isn't in jail for what he did. He basically destroyed one woman in court for telling the truth. Hopefully he ends up doing a few years for some of the sleazy crap he pulled.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sprinter Ben Johnson.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/4 of the NASCAR rule book is there because of Smokey Yunick exploiting every possible loophole he could find when preparing his cars back in the day, but I think most see him as more of an innovator than a cheater.

SMU's mass cheating got their football program the death penalty back in the 80's.

The 1919 White Sox nearly killed baseball.

Gaylord Perry was notorious for doctoring baseballs, and using the spitball, and his name is Gaylord.
they were talking about sports

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were all juiced. He just overdid it for the times.

Every sprinter from the '88 Olympics was juiced up? Interesting, first time I've heard that.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as PED's go, if you can take it to get an edge with some amount of certainty that you'll pass the test then you're going to do it. Even guys with no intention of cheating when they got into the sport are forced to because that's the only way they can hope to make a living.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on @Chewbaccer lighten up, everyone likes driving in circles

I thought you were targeting baseball. Any negative comment about baseball gets a rainbow. My mistake.

I've already stated my thought on NASCAR, the short of it being that questioning the skill of the drivers is moronic, and they are in great shape, but I don't care whether or not it's a sport, personally I think it is, but if you don't, that's fine, I enjoy it either way, and the word sport isn't some honored term with great meaning to me. But, FTR, there are road courses with right turns in NASCAR as well, and not a single track is a circle.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were targeting baseball. Any negative comment about baseball gets a rainbow. My mistake.

I've already stated my thought on NASCAR, the short of it being that questioning the skill of the drivers is moronic, and they are in great shape, but I don't care whether or not it's a sport, personally I think it is, but if you don't, that's fine, I enjoy it either way, and the word sport isn't some honored term with great meaning to me. But, FTR, there are road courses with right turns in NASCAR as well, and not a single track is a circle.
Def not talking about baseball , although any sport that lets guys go in IR with soreness for weeks should be questioned

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Def not talking about baseball , although any sport that lets guys go in IR with soreness for weeks should be questioned

The IR? You mean the disabled list? The IR usually means you're out for the season and I've only seen the term in the NFL.

Personally if a pitcher on my team has a sore shoulder, I'd rather him sit out until he's 100% than pitch and get rocked because he can't finish his pitches.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The IR? You mean the disabled list? The IR usually means you're out for the season and I've only seen the term in the NFL.

Personally if a pitcher on my team has a sore shoulder, I'd rather him sit out until he's 100% than pitch and get rocked because he can't finish his pitches.
Agreed. But that's pitchers. When outfielders are on disabled list for 15 days with a bruised pointer finger , which happens often....

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But that's pitchers. When outfielders are on disabled list for 15 days with a bruised pointer finger , which happens often....

Not really. Really, I don't recall any position player placed on the DL due to a bruised finger. They might be listed as day to day and only available to pinch hit if it effects their throwing.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your getting paid millions grow a set..... And yes Google funny baseball injuries

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your getting paid millions grow a set..... And yes Google funny baseball injuries

If you're a short stop and a cut or bruise on your throwing hand is causing bad throws, or if you play any position and if effects your swing, I'd rather them sit out than stay in and be a liability, but that's just me.

There's plenty of funny injuries, but unless it's a deep bone bruise, a position player isn't likely to be placed on the DL for a bruised finger.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're a short stop and a cut or bruise on your throwing hand is causing bad throws, or if you play any position and if effects your swing, I'd rather them sit out than stay in and be a liability, but that's just me.

There's plenty of funny injuries, but unless it's a deep bone bruise, a position player isn't likely to be placed on the DL for a bruised finger.

The Braves current DL list is as follows:

Shae Simmons- Recovering from Tommy John, rehabbing in AAA right now
Jim Johnson- shoulder soreness, but probably put there due to ineffectiveness
Paco Rodriguez- Tommy John
Andrew McKirahan- Tommy John
Daniel Winkler- Broken elbow suffered while throwing a pitch
Jesse Biddle- Tommy John Surgery
Manny Banuelos- elbow discomfort

A whole lot of bruised fingers there.

Hector Olivera might have bruised his hand when he assaulted that woman in Virginia, but that's a different story that's worthy of many facepalms.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:LOk we're done here they r obviously finely tuned machines i.e. David Ortiz .