• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Biggest Cheater in all sports, all time?

Who's the biggest cheater of all time

• Bill Belichek - Spy Gate

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Tom Brady - Deflate Gate/Spy Gate

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Barry Bonds/Mark McGuire/Sammy Sosa/Roger Clemens/all juicers

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Lance Armstrong

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • Pete Rose - Betting on Baseball (Please let this be 0, because he belongs in the HOF)

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • Tim Donaghy - NBA ref who bet on his games

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Tonya Harding

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Other...

Votes: 10 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir whatever you say :salute:
I'll come back and congratulate you on your 350th post;)
Again avoiding the question. As for football knowledge somehow having to do with the number of posts n here I say get a life. Just because you spend time on here doesn't make you more knowledgeable on football. It only means that I have a life, a job, and a family. Keep trying though.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, how is that? Don't avoid the question with a smart ass remark like your last one. It's obvious he was part of the cheating. Bill and Tom are attached at the hip. If Bill knows something Tom does too and vice-versa.

On some things... I can see how Brady wouldn't know injury report reasons of his offensive players possibly. Obviously after that Falcon game when Belichick put the entire team on the Injury report practically, that was more showing an issue that nearly cost them a game (No Vick, who they'd been preparing for all week) than anything, and I'm sure they all saw that as well as the rest of the world.

But it's tough to try and say Brady has no clue about the offensive film studies and why they audible to certain plays in situations. I mean when you hear all the players and coaches stories of his involvement, it goes against all of that to say he's a guy who just runs the play blindly that is handed out to him and has no idea why nor does he care. Heck the defensive coaches of the time knew what the offense was doing with that, I doubt Brady didn't. No proof he didn't, but you really have to make Brady an ignorant idiot to push that line of reasoning.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id say Tim Donaghy............

Betting scandal
Main article: 2007 NBA betting scandal
On July 20, 2007, columnist Murray Weiss of the New York Post reported an investigation by the FBI into allegations of an NBA referee betting on games to control the point spread.[19] It was revealed that Donaghy, who has a gambling problem, placed tens of thousands of dollars in bets on games during the 2005–06 and 2006–07 season and had been approached by low-level mob associates to work on a gambling scheme.[20] Mike Missanelli of The Stephen A. Smith Show suggested that Donaghy had gotten himself into debt and tried to make it up by betting on games.[21]

The report sent shock waves through the NBA. While the league devotes significant resources to monitor officials' performance, it only found out about the affair when the FBI stumbled upon Donaghy in the midst of a broader organized crime investigation.
[22] NBA Commissioner David Stern said in a statement, "We would like to assure our fans that no amount of effort, time or personnel is being spared to assist in this investigation, to bring to justice an individual who has betrayed the most sacred trust in professional sports, and to take the necessary steps to protect against this ever happening again."[20] He called the scandal a "wakeup call that says you can't be complacent".[23]

Sports gambling expert R. J. Bell, president of sports betting information site Pregame.com, tracked every game Donaghy worked from 2003 to 2007. He discovered that during the two seasons investigated by the NBA, the teams involved scored more points than expected by the Las Vegas sports books 57% of the time. In the previous two seasons, this only happened 44% of the time. According to Bell, the odds of such a discrepancy are 1 in 1,000, and there was "a 99.9% chance that these results would not have happened without an outside factor". He also found 10 straight games in 2007 in which Donaghy worked the game that the point spread moved 1.5 points or more before the tip—an indication that big money had been wagered on the game. The big money won every time—another indication that "something (was) going on". However, Bell suggested that there was no way anyone who wasn't in on the fix could have known that something was amiss about Donaghy's actions during a game; he said it would have been another year at the earliest before anyone could have caught on.
[24]

Handicapper Brandon Lang told ESPN that it is fairly easy for a crooked sports official to fix a game, despite Stern's insistence that Donaghy was a "rogue official". According to Lang, an official can directly influence the outcome of a game 75% of the time if he has money on the game. Lang also believed that a
bookie connected to the mob turned Donaghy in to the FBI...........

Tonya Harding was a one time cheater,granted it was an assault on someone,it still was only a one time thing......Then why not put Gregg Williams name out there from the saints for his hit list of knocking pklayers out of games?

Baseball is full of juicers........So how do you not include Clemens with the others listed?

The patriots?............that's a good question,go from spygate to deflate gate,what else have they done?
How do they have to cheat when you have this so-called greatest coach,greatest qb and greatest te of all time playing......With all that,you have to cheat to win?........that ranks up there pretty highly.....But then again,Im sure other teams have done the same as they have.

Rose betting on baseball,he didn't bet on hs own games so no big deal.........Its no different than players from all sports betting on fantasy players they've drafted in their respective sports..........

So yeah Tim Donaghy for me..........

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donaghy wasn't doing it alone though.

I don't know why we act like he was.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was worth a watch.. It's on netflix. Harding tries a bit too hard to play the innocent bystander, but had a few moments where you did realize she wasn't the mastermind or the person who carried it out. Kerrigan wouldn't take part in it but I think it was her husband who did.

But it really did show how far those two were apart. Kerrigan had this nice training center and everything and Harding would practice in a public hockey rink after their practices... She was living in some crappy apt right around the height of her fame (before being famous for the injury). Def the pressure sure got to her. Doesn't excuse her acts at all, and like I said you kinda feel that she and sometimes the show is trying to paint her in a better light, but really good.
That was a really great 30 for 30. I remember watching it, they really make you feel for Harding, how she had no money, wasn't the poster child skating queen like Kerrigan, how she had to make her own dresses and was using second hand equipment and all that, I legitimately felt bad for her.

Then in the last few minutes of it she goes all righteous indignation and denies knowing anything about it and how she was completely railroaded and yada yada and she completely lost all of the sympathy that had built up for her. Great film making.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again avoiding the question. As for football knowledge somehow having to do with the number of posts n here I say get a life. Just because you spend time on here doesn't make you more knowledgeable on football. It only means that I have a life, a job, and a family. Keep trying though.
Don't forget to add an inferioroty complex to your list of attributes. :nod:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belated congrats on your 350th :suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even still avoiding the question. Classic
Did you ask a question:pop2: No need to answer. I'm watching the grass grow I find that much more exciting then your drivel.

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, since your memory is short and apparently you don't know how to go back and look for it...here it is again. How did my explanation of why I put Spygate on Brady as well show I had no football knowledge. Please explain? Enlighten me if you will...

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, since your memory is short and apparently you don't know how to go back and look for it...here it is again. How did my explanation of why I put Spygate on Brady as well show I had no football knowledge. Please explain? Enlighten me if you will...
Hi handi, how are you?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bit tough, but I always go to Armstrong. He was the most phoney, played the role model, then the victim, then after dragging it out as ling as he could, he tried to ruin people's lives. He sued people into poverty, as a scare tactic to others, who were only telling the truth. The worst kind of person.

After that, kind of a toss up for me for a few, for different reasons.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Skippy going back and finding past posts is like Chinese arithmetic to me:what:
Is that the best you can come up with?
please enlighten me Yoda on how you know "for sure" Brady was the most to benefit by Spygate? That's called a rhetorical question. No need to answer. You have zero proff yet want to claim it as fact. Is that simple enough for you to comprehend?

I'll go easy on you genius. Please tell me what advantage was gained by filming from that specific location? Assuming you realize filming is not illegal? Let's just start there.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before it's all said and done, I think the list of top cheaters all time will be (in order) Lance Armstrong, Albert Pujols and Tom Brady.

/bump

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HammerDown said:
Before it's all said and done, I think the list of top cheaters all time will be (in order) Lance Armstrong, Albert Pujols and Tom Brady.

Have I missed something recent concerning AP? Or from the past. Has he ever tested dirty before?

I gotta go with Lance as biggest cheater. Though I wonder how come he hasn't went into the dope masking business. Dude was Wile E Coyote genius when it came to not coming up dirty on a test.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every sprinter from the '88 Olympics was juiced up? Interesting, first time I've heard that.

I believe that something like 6 of the 8 guys in the Seoul 100m final tested positive at some point?