• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bigger Faster Stronger Louder (Official Fantasy Football Thread)

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you enjoy how I lost tonight.
That was something. I mentioned to my buddy that I had a 30+ point lead with Brees, and Show Me had Wilson and Miller. I mentioned that if I somehow lost, it was gonna be a great night for the Hawks.

Well, it happened, What a great game. Total Domination by the Hawks and a great comeback from my fantasy opponent. I'll take it, a Great Seahawk win for a fantasy loss, no problem.

Great game RW.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you enjoy how I lost tonight.
That was something. I mentioned to my buddy that I had a 30+ point lead with Brees, and Show Me had Wilson and Miller. I mentioned that if I somehow lost, it was gonna be a great night for the Hawks.

Well, it happened, What a great game. Total Domination by the Hawks and a great comeback from my fantasy opponent. I'll take it, a Great Seahawk win for a fantasy loss, no problem.

Great game RW.

Hey, at least you had an upside to your loss. I on the other hand lost because Jordan Reed didn't play against the Giants. All week he was listed as questionable, but every report I read said he would play. Checked again on game day and he was apparently good to go. Then he just ends up sitting with a headache. Gonna have to beat Harold for that last playoff spot now.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roflbot.jpg

Harold's Team vs Jimmy Rustlers
Battle for the last playoff spot​

Official Match Up Breakdown

With Rustlers being the higher ranked team all year one would presume that he would be heavy favorites over the scrappy Harold's Team. However, when you take a closer look at both teams, Harold has more than just a fighting chance he's actually favored by Yahoo to win 162-159.

Let's break down the positional match ups.

1) QB vs QB
- Harold has Andrew Luck and Rustlers has Peyton Manning. So obviously it's edge to Rustlers. Yahoo currently has Peyton projected to score 31.93 pts over Luck's 23.61. In my opinion I think that is a bit of a low projection for Peyton. 8 times this year Peyton has scored 39 or more points. Only twice has he had bad games scoring less than 27 points. I think with Peyton he's just so dangerous as a fantasy player. No one in the league has a higher ceiling for pts and the track record for consistency like Peyton does.

I say a more accurate projection for Peyton would be 40. However, I would not be surprised if he dropped 50 or 60. As for Andrew Luck, his projection is fair. Luck has 2 tds and 5 ints in his past 4 games scoring only 15, 21, 24 and 27 points for an average of...22 pts a game. Peyton could potentially win this match up and give Rustlers at least a 17-30 pt edge.

2) WR vs WR
- Harold has Andre Johnson, Kendall Wright, and Cordarrelle Patterson as his 3 starting wrs. Rustlers has Victor Cruz, Mike Wallace, and Riley Coop. To be honest, I don't necessarily like any of these sets of wrs but if I had to lean one way I would lean towards Rustlers. For Harold, Andre will get his and Wright has been surprisingly consistent in the second half of the year. However, production from Cordarrelle Patterson is either boom or bust. With Rustlers he has 3 guys who are relatively hot and have been consistent putting up their numbers. I'll give Rustlers a slight edge here unless Andre Johnson goes off for a huge game.

3) RB vs RB
- Harold has Darren Sproles and Matt Forte as his two starting rbs. Rustlers has Ray Rice and Giovani Bernard as his. Edge I would say to Harold. Sproles has slumped a bit of late but Forte has been solid as a rock. 10 times this year he has scored 17 or more pts. Rustlers has recently seen Rice re-emerge with a big game but how likely is that type of output going to occur once again. Yahoo has Rice projected for 16 but for the year Rice has only scored 16 or more pts 3 times. In contrast to that he has scored under 8 pts 6 times. As for Giovani Bernard he is too boom or bust to really have a reliable production. Rustlers could potentially match or edge in total pts but he could also lose by a big margin if both Rice and Bernard come up with duds.

TE, W/R, and Defense vs TE, W/R and Defense
- Harold has Greg Olsen at TE and Torrey Smith and DeAndre Hopkins at the W/R spots. Rustlers has Charles Clay at TE and Pierre Thomas and Justin Edelman at the W/R. On defense Harold has Buffalo and Rustlers has Baltimore. I say it's about even, no edge either way. However, Buffalo may have a higher potential to get a huge sack or pick 6 to rack up big pts.

Final Verdict
- I think this is a toss up but I would bet on Peyton Manning having a big game to outproduce the potential that Harold's keys players will have a big game.

Rustlers - 170
Harold - 162

Update: Andre Johnson just had a huge game scoring 28 pts (9 over his projected 19). Looks like Harold has the edge as of right now but we will see what kind of game Peyton will have. If he has a monster Peyton game it might be enough to still seal a victory for Rustlers

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I need a big game from Peyton or else I'm done. The Titans D has been fairly stout against the pass this year so I'm not expecting 50 points. Gotta give Harold the edge right now.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Andrew Luck with a huge 44.93 pt game! Rustlers is staying strong with Clay's 28 pts at tight end. Your turn Peyton. Let's see if you can match Luck.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Nick Foles! 47 fantasy points out dueling Peyton Manning. Just need Megatron and my backs to hold steady and meet their expected point contributions

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Charles, ummmm, nice start today, 4 TD's in the first half. Not too shabby.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finals match up is setting up to be a damn good one. I believe this will be the first time I will come into a match up as the under dog.

I'm gonna need some huge games from Calvin Johnson, Josh Gordon and DT

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a fun Fantasy Football League.
Thanks for putting this together.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better team won in the finals. Good stuff man, it was a hell of a league. Slightly disappointed my 13-1 season only ended up with a 2nd place trophy.

I will definitely be inviting anyone that is interested to join the league again. Until next year :suds: