• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bigger Faster Stronger Louder (Official Fantasy Football Thread)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roflbot.jpg

A warm welcome to everyone in the league. This will be our official league thread where we can discuss match ups, negotiate trades, and most importantly smack talk haha.

To make it easier for everyone to recognize who is who, if you are in the league please check in this thread by indicating which team you are in the league.

Here the are teams in the league based on the two divisions

Hawks Nest
- Bullpen
- The Lord of Tracys
- show me your tds
- Green Hawks (AZhawks)
- Logicallylethal (myself)

South End Zone
- Jimmy Rustlers (Cave_Johnson)
- Neon Green Machine (some yahoo guy that joined)
- Harold's Team (HaroldSeattle)
- The Womanizers
- Jax's Dogs (obxyankeefan)

Also as Commish I will be doing a weekly league power ranking. I'll try my best to be as unbiased as possible so if you guys want to chime in with your own power rankings feel free. Other than that, good luck on the season fellas...and GO HAWKS!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm the trading block is a bit different then what I'm use to. Basically I'd like to say who I'm willing to trade and what positions I'm looking for. I guess Yahoo doesn't work that way?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roflbot.jpg

Official Preseason Power Rankings

1) Green Hawks
- Green Hawks has a roster that could potentially have an elite top 5 fantasy performer at every position. Brady, Dez, Marshawn and San Fran D are pretty much locked in the elite category. But when you look at Fitzgerald, Cobb, and McFadden, they all have break out/bounce back potential. Jordy Nelson is also a receiver that has shown the ability to rack up 1200 + yds and 10 + tds. There are definitely some question marks but overall Green Hawks probably has the best balance of ppr + tds from his players.

2) Jax's Dogs
- Yahoo awarded Jax's Dogs with the prestigious best draft grade...and I have to say there is some truth to it. Jax has a prolific set of rbs (Spillers and Bush) that could dominate the ppr aspect of the league. His wr core is also very good from top to bottom particularly with Julio Jones who could have a 1400-1500 yds 15 + tds type of a break out year. However, what Jax lacks on his team is the ability to score a lot of tds. Outside of Julio Jones none of his core wrs or rbs have shown the ability to score double digit tds. Welker, Smith, Spillers, Bush are all strong ppr players but very weak td contributors. He also has a huge unknown at the w/r flex position starting two rookies (Tavon Austin and Monte Ball starting)

3) Logicallylethal
- I always find it hard to rank my own team, because my natural instinct is to think I'm #1. I do, however, feel like my team is deserving of the #3 spot. My wr core is hands down the best in the league (Calvin, D. Thomas, R. Wayne). I could potentially have 3 wrs who combine for 300 recs. Calvin and D. Thomas also have a very high potential of reeling in double digit tds. I'm strong at QB with Matt Ryan and solid at TE with Cook. My weakness though are my rbs. Chris Johnson, Demarco Murray, and Ryan Matthews are all guys that can have good years if they can stay healthy...but that's a big question mark considering Murray and Matthews have been even more injury prone than Percy Harvin. If healthy though I could potentially have the top team in the league

4) The Womanizers
- Any team with AP is going to be in playoff contention. As a whole, The Womanizers are very strong in the td category. AP alone has the potential of bringing in 15-20 tds. Steven Jackson playing in Atlanta will have many red zone opportunities and could see double digit tds. Eddie Lacy...if he is as good as he looks so far in preseason could be in line for 9-10 tds. Marshall, Nicks, and Jennings also has a knack for finding the end zone. The question, however, is will the tds be enough to make up for the lack of ppr. Also the age of Jennings and inconsistency of Nicks is a concern if The Womanizers are banking on them being their starting wr2 and wr3.

5) Harold's Team
- Harold got a hell of a steal having Arian Foster drop so low to him in the draft. Many critics have speculated his decline but Foster has the potential of being a top 3 fantasy rb. That combined with the likes of Andre Johnson, Matt Forte, and Darren Sproles...Harold's team has one of the stronger ppr producers in the league. Harold's depth is what pushes him a little bit lower in the power rankings. Kendall Wright and Golden Tate are both nice young players...but the chances of them breaking out and putting up numbers worthy of a starting fantasy wr slot is slim.

6) Bullpen
- Most teams draft for sure things but some teams draft for potential break out players. Bullpen probably has the most question marks on his team but if all of his players are able to reach their potential he will definitely be in the running for a top 3 spot in the league. Guys like TY Hilton, David Wilson, Lamar Miller, and even Jamaal Charles all have the abilities to have huge years. Jamall Charles in particular playing in Andy Reid's new system might become one of the more prolific ppr backs.

7) Jimmy Rustlers
- Unlike Bullpen....Jimmy's team has a lot of players that are proven and are safe picks. Guys like Peyton Mannnig, Colston, Cruz, Mike Wallace, Gore, and Ray Rice are guys who have established themselves as good fantasy contributors. However, safe picks usually mean not very high ceilings to break out. You pretty much get what you see from these players. The question is...is it enough to contend for a playoff spot?

8) Show me your tds
- PPR could be very strong with this team. However, this team has too much of a boom or bust potential. Amendola could either have a spectacular wes welker like year with 100 + rec or be riddled with injury. Dwyane Bowe can either break out with Andy Reid's new pass heavy offense or be same ol Bowe we see every year. MJD, who was once a top 3 fantasy rb, is now a forgotten name. He could either bounce back and be MJD again or a) have another injury riddled year b) struggle behind that terrible jags offense. Doug Martin and Ridley are both set for nice years but Stevie Johnson...not sure how the qb situation is over there in Buffalo.

9) The Lords of Tracy
- the 1-2 punch of Trent Richardson and Alfred Morris is very nice and could potentially lead to 25-30 combined tds. Everything outside of that with the exception of Roddy White are a question mark. Garcon could be a good starter but coming off the injury and the questions with RG3 could affect his production. Decker, who had a break out year, is definitely looking like he'll have a steep decrease in production with Welker being added. Bradshaw and Vincent Brown are also unknowns in terms of production.

10) Neon Green Machine
- Stud at QB and RB with Rodgers and Mccoy, but everything outside of that is pretty pedestrian in terms of value and production. Vincent Jackson is a good wr but he's better suited as a starting wr2. Antonio Brown could fit in nicely at the wr2 and Desean Jackson, with Vick back healthy, should be in line for a bounce back year...but neither are strong ppr or td guys. Cecil short and Brandon Givens are also young guys Neon Green probably took a flyer on thinking they could break out. The likelihood of it happening is maybe 20-30 %.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice break down! Naturally I think you under estimate my depth. Kendall Wright if he says healthy will become the #1 receiver on the Titans, however they, like the Seahawks , are going to a run first game so we'll see how that works out.
The one thing I remember about him is turning bubble passes from RG3 into TDs in college. I think I have him in every one of my FF teams:lol:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm the trading block is a bit different then what I'm use to. Basically I'd like to say who I'm willing to trade and what positions I'm looking for. I guess Yahoo doesn't work that way?

Just click on "league" then find "trading block" under it where it says overview, messages, roster...etc

After that it's pretty much self explanatory

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just click on "league" then find "trading block" under it where it says overview, messages, roster...etc

After that it's pretty much self explanatory

Mmmm I did but didn't see where you could list who you were willing to trade and who your not. I'll give it another whirl.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm I did but didn't see where you could list who you were willing to trade and who your not. I'll give it another whirl.

Once you click on trading block...next to your name click "edit" and it'll take you to a screen where you can list who you want to put on the block, what position you are looking for, etc

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to put this out here...

I've also started an NFL pick em league open for anyone. Come join and see how good you are at picking teams to win each week against the spread.

It's a yahoo league so here's the info to join

ID #: 51829
PW: sherman25

If you have trouble signing up just pm me your email and I can personally send you an invite.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think the Yahoo draft analyzer made fun of me for taking Peyton Manning with my second pick.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DTizzle gave me 33 big pts!

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice game for you. Going to be hard to make up that many points.

You could catch right back up if Kaepernick beats up on the Packers like he did in the playoffs. Forte and Foster could also have big games if they catch a lot of passes. This ain't close to over.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could catch right back up if Kaepernick beats up on the Packers like he did in the playoffs. Forte and Foster could also have big games if they catch a lot of passes. This ain't close to over.

I'm still behind, 138.35 to 154.59, but still have A Johnson and A. Foster and you still have V. Cruz. Still have a chance.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still behind, 138.35 to 154.59, but still have A Johnson and A. Foster and you still have V. Cruz. Still have a chance.

I've got Owen Daniels as well. Should be interesting with basically all the remaining guys playing on the same offense tomorrow.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this AJ guy outdid him. :):suds:

Logicallylethal vs Bullpen could go down as the match up of the week :suds:

Anytime one of my players had a huge game, your players matched right back. DT struck first then AJ matched. Ryan and Brees both matched each other. Then boldin struck with 39 and cook did his best to match with 32.

Gonna come down to tomorrow's Houston-San Diego game to decide the winner