• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Ten Legends...who wins it?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name 3 teams from both conferences who would be better. Don't forget, nearly every top team from both of those conferences has had letdown games this year against really bad teams.

SEC:
1) Evil Empire
2) LSU
3) Aggies- I think this game would be fun to watch
4) MIZZOU- ironic that they begged to join the B1G

PAC12:
1) Ducks, Ducks, and more DUCKS
2) Stanford- I think the 'nuts would beat Stanford but finish lower (does that make any sense?)
3) UCLA- this is tough (ok, a reach) argument, although I think Hundley would give you guys fits

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody's debating anybody's little girl's chances of being crowned Miss America here...
just local prom queens & their courts.
so our daughters are a tad overweight and have a few blemishes...
would you have us love them any the less?

:scratch:

It's been a long time since I have been to EL but I see things haven't changed. Hopefully your cheerleaders don't scare DG into another half dozen turnovers.

msuspartan73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty much between the winner of the Neb - State game. Even if scUM beats both they'll likely get plastered by the bucks. I don't see State or Neb both losing 2 conf games to let scUM get there. If State scores 17 points on offense I don't see anyone beating them with that defense.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a long time since I have been to EL but I see things haven't changed. Hopefully your cheerleaders don't scare DG into another half dozen turnovers.

:laugh3: yah...ok sport

Last edited by a moderator:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty much between the winner of the Neb - State game. Even if scUM beats both they'll likely get plastered by the bucks. I don't see State or Neb both losing 2 conf games to let scUM get there. If State scores 17 points on offense I don't see anyone beating them with that defense.

If Michigan beats both MSU and Nebraska - then all 3 would be at one loss. MSU and Nebraska play - that means that at least one team has another loss. Meaning Michigan wins the tie against that team. It also means that both would have to go the rest of the schedule without getting another loss; which would be hard to do. If everyone ends up with 2 losses then it's all about the tie breakers.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan beats both MSU and Nebraska - then all 3 would be at one loss. MSU and Nebraska play - that means that at least one team has another loss. Meaning Michigan wins the tie against that team. It also means that both would have to go the rest of the schedule without getting another loss; which would be hard to do. If everyone ends up with 2 losses then it's all about the tie breakers.

Which would be Michigan because the first tie-breaker is head-to-head.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

extreme speculative consequences...I guess...has a place in these discussions...but should always defer to realistic expectations re: all possible 'IFS' associated with the last 5-6 games on the schedule.

MSU 3-0/6-1 @ILL, MICH, @NEB, @NW, MINN
NEB 2-0/5-1 @MINN, NW, @MICH, MSU, @PSU, IOWA
MICH 2-1/6-1 @MSU, NEB, @NW, @IOWA, OSU
MINN 1-2/5-2 NEB, @IND, PSU, WIS, @MSU
IOWA 1-2/4-3 NW, WIS, @PUR, MICH, @NEB
NW 0-3/4-3 @IOWA, @NEB, MICH, MSU, @ILL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever wins the Nebraska-Michigan St game

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever wins the Nebraska-Michigan St game

:agree:

Michigan will have 2 losses from the other division that I don't think either Nebraska or MSU will get. The winner of MSU/Nebraska won't even have to beat Michigan to win the division.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could make a case for all three, but my prediction is in this order.

1. Michigan St
2. Michigan
3. Nebraska

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could make a case for all three, but my prediction is in this order.

1. Michigan St
2. Michigan
3. Nebraska

I'm standing pat with:

1. MSU
2. NEB
3. MICH

All 3 have glaring problems & tough schedules and too many "IFS" for me (at least) to feel anything but uncomfortable looking so far ahead. Frankly, I'll be doubling-up the depends this weekend. :whistle:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan and/or Nebraska don't beat MSU I will eat my hat.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC:
1) Evil Empire - Agree
2) LSU - Bo Wallace ain't Braxton Miller, and their offense isn't nearly as potent. LSU would have fits.
3) Aggies- I think this game would be fun to watch - We'd have 60 by halftime. They struggled to beat Arkansas and were shredded by Rice.
4) MIZZOU- ironic that they begged to join the B1G - Still not buying in, even with a healthy Franklin. This team hasn't undergone some miraculous change from last year, they've just not played anyone worth noting (at full strength).

Disagree with 3/4, and pretty handily at that.

PAC12:
1) Ducks, Ducks, and more DUCKS - Yup, and I'd wager by at least 2 TD.
2) Stanford- I think the 'nuts would beat Stanford but finish lower (does that make any sense?) - Remind me of Wisconsin. Tough team up front that can be worn down by a great rushing attack and methodical QB. Their offense doesn't scare me in the slightest.
3) UCLA- this is tough (ok, a reach) argument, although I think Hundley would give you guys fits - It'd go a lot like Nebraska... except we wouldn't shit the bed in the 2nd half. This is a quality team, but not elite. I'm not sold that they would be better than 3rd in the B1G, to be honest. Oregon is going to shred them apart this weekend.

Right now, the only teams I'd pick going against OSU are the ones ranked ahead of them in the polls. There is a LOT of mediocrity in the NCAA this year.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, the only teams I'd pick going against OSU are the ones ranked ahead of them in the polls. There is a LOT of mediocrity in the NCAA this year.

I'd compare OSU's situation to that of ND last year. All wins but none of them great or impressive and if you happen to stumble you will fall out of the top 20. The B1G let you down big time this year, especially UofM.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name 3 teams from both conferences who would be better. Don't forget, nearly every top team from both of those conferences has had letdown games this year against really bad teams.

PAC-12
Oregon, UCLA, Stanford

SEC
Alabama, Missouri, LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn

I don't know if all of those teams would beat Ohio St >50% of the time, but I think you could make an argument for all of them, and I do think they would all win at least 35-40% of the time.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is the most overrated team this year. This is the same team, same offense, same defense they had a couple years ago in the Rose Bowl that everyone said would beat Ohio State by two TD's. Seems the final score was the other way around. I'm really not impressed by them at all, they've played no one with a defense yet. UCLA will be a decent test, and I doubt they get out of the 30's.

Alabama is the real deal. Although it seems like they're missing something. Maybe because their schedule is horrible. But they have a good defense.

FSU looks great, although I would like to see them versus a great D-line and see how Winston handles the pressure. Seen several times when he gets hurried, he's vulnerable to INT's.