• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Ten Legends...who wins it?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
puff puff puff. knew it was only a matter of time before you referenced that debacle as something to be ecstatic about. HaHaHa. really? c'mon man, that's good stuff. your vaunted skunkbears could just as easily have LOST that game & almost DID (deja vu Akron and UConn?)...but pulled out an insipid last 10 minute victory by what? 16 pts? Hell, even MSU's pissassed O easily outscored IND by 14...which could have been more if Dantonio hadn't pulled back the reins after the 3rd Q.

Just because our defense had issues in that game doesn't negate the fact that our offense was unstoppable and put up NCAA record numbers. That can't be ignored. It's literally never happened in CFB before.

And if you're going to point out your performance against Indiana let's compare performances against ND? You know, the game you lost because you could barely score on a defense that we hung 40+ on.

The fact is that your offense can't do squat against any team with a remotely decent defense.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only a load of crap when it's somebody else's team those analysts/computers/etc are touting, right?

And, when your team's Defense is as good as State's is (whether Blue Haze agrees or not), yes, we can hope -not count- for the occasional p-6 or forced fumble score.

Not at all, you want to go by what the "analysts" say? Well, Michigan's favored in the game and is ranked above MSU. Who cares about your defense, we're favored by your beloved analysts....

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought, for weeks now, that the Legends race will be decided on 16NOV in Lincoln. I think both teams will pound MICH...further, that (despite what some of you rational Huskers fans believe) either team might well give OSU their best game of the season (and, very possibly, winning.)

Go Green

lol, there you go again "pound Michigan". Nebraska has a chance, but MSU scoring 7 points on us probably won't be considered a "pounding". I wouldn't be shocked if Michigan lights MSU up and this game is over by halftime. MSU simply doesn't have the offense to do anything remotely like that.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think it's down to MSU vs Nebraska, think about this:

Nebraska racked up 435 yards and 44 points on Purdue. They held Purdue to 216 yards and 7 points (4th string corner allowed a deep passing TD with 39 secs left in the game).

MSU put up only 294 yards and 7 points on Purdue (on offense). Held them to 226 yards.

Nebraska has absolutely had MSU's number since joining the B1G. The last time MSU came to Lincoln they were shredded.

They just do not match up well vs Nebraska in any aspect. Nebraska's speed and power run game will tire out an MSU defense that will have to be on the field a lot, and by mid 3rd quarter it won't even be a football game.

Michigan is a non factor at this point.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because our defense had issues in that game doesn't negate the fact that our offense was unstoppable and put up NCAA record numbers. That can't be ignored. It's literally never happened in CFB before.

And if you're going to point out your performance against Indiana let's compare performances against ND? You know, the game you lost because you could barely score on a defense that we hung 40+ on.

The fact is that your offense can't do squat against any team with a remotely decent defense.

?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Nebraska's offense STILL matches what Indiana's does week in and week out...

Well, so far the numbers, they say otherwise. Nebraska scores a bit more than Indiana, Indiana racks up 25 yards per game more. Nebraska does have the offense to do what Indiana did. (All that being said, Nebraska's offensive strength plays to Michigan's defensive strength while Indiana's offensive strength played to Michigan's defensive weakness.) Now as far as Beck, well, that is another story all together...

Damn dude.

What I bolded. In your very own words.

That's why Nebraska probably doesn't put up the points that Indiana did.

In case you don't understand what you wrote or that you are the one actually "unaware" of stats, let me put it into #'s for you.

Indiana

Passing Offense 9th
Rushing Offense 63rd

Nebraska

Passing Offense 89th
Rushing Offense 10th

Michigan

Passing Yds Allowed 95th
Rushing Yds Allowed 10th

Do you see it now? Read your Bold again and look at those numbers.

Translation:
Indiana - Good at passing. Michigan - Not so good at stopping the pass.
Nebraska - Good at rushing. Michigan good at stopping the run.

It only stands to reason that Nebraska's offense may not have the same success as Indiana did.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's a damn good passing team when they want to be. Just saying.

We have the best receiving corps in the country. I honestly believe that.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 49-47 Michigan with 6:00 remaining in the Big House. I know because I was glued to my seat.

Michigan will potentially do similar to Nebraska, but I doubt Nebraska has the offense to keep it as close as Indiana did.

Then you are woefully unaware of either Nebraska's stats, Indiana's stats or both...

Then how can you say Nebraska doesn't have the offense to do what Indiana did? The numbers indeed say otherwise.

LMAO!!!!

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude.

What I bolded. In your very own words.

That's why Nebraska probably doesn't put up the points that Indiana did.

In case you don't understand what you wrote or that you are the one actually "unaware" of stats, let me put it into #'s for you.

Indiana

Passing Offense 9th
Rushing Offense 63rd

Nebraska

Passing Offense 89th
Rushing Offense 10th

Michigan

Passing Yds Allowed 95th
Rushing Yds Allowed 10th

Do you see it now? Read your Bold again and look at those numbers.

Translation:
Indiana - Good at passing. Michigan - Not so good at stopping the pass.
Nebraska - Good at rushing. Michigan good at stopping the run.

It only stands to reason that Nebraska's offense may not have the same success as Indiana did.

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think it's down to MSU vs Nebraska, think about this:

Nebraska racked up 435 yards and 44 points on Purdue. They held Purdue to 216 yards and 7 points (4th string corner allowed a deep passing TD with 39 secs left in the game).

MSU put up only 294 yards and 7 points on Purdue (on offense). Held them to 226 yards.

Nebraska has absolutely had MSU's number since joining the B1G. The last time MSU came to Lincoln they were shredded.

They just do not match up well vs Nebraska in any aspect. Nebraska's speed and power run game will tire out an MSU defense that will have to be on the field a lot, and by mid 3rd quarter it won't even be a football game.

Michigan is a non factor at this point

lol what? Either MSU or Nebraska are guaranteed at least 1 loss because they play. Michigan plays both teams as well on top of both MSU and Nebraska having other games, specifically against NW, where they could lose. At minimum - teams control their own destiny at this point. If Michigan takes out both MSU and Nebraska, at least one of them would have two big ten losses thus eliminating them from a tie break situation.

Michigan's disadvantage is our 1 conference loss but in no way are we a non-factor. All 3 teams have a lot of losable games left on the schedule - especially with how wishy-washy everyone in the big ten has played so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol what? Either MSU or Nebraska are guaranteed at least 1 loss because they play. Michigan plays both teams as well on top of both MSU and Nebraska having other games, specifically against NW, where they could lose. At minimum - teams control their own destiny at this point. If Michigan takes out both MSU and Nebraska, at least one of them would have two big ten losses thus eliminating them from a tie break situation.

Michigan's disadvantage is our 1 conference loss but in no way are we a non-factor. All 3 teams have a lot of losable games left on the schedule - especially with how wishy-washy everyone in the big ten has played so far.

I agree with you.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping to see Nebraska vs Ohio State in the CCG.

I think it's better for the conference and better for my Buckeyes. Playing scUM 2 weeks in a row won't help us, even though it'd be nice to beat them twice. I'm not sure an 11-1 MSU would be ranked as high as an 11-1 Nebraska team. Might be the difference in seeing OSU vs a number 7-8 or a 10-11 team.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping to see Nebraska vs Ohio State in the CCG.

I think it's better for the conference and better for my Buckeyes. Playing scUM 2 weeks in a row won't help us, even though it'd be nice to beat them twice. I'm not sure an 11-1 MSU would be ranked as high as an 11-1 Nebraska team. Might be the difference in seeing OSU vs a number 7-8 or a 10-11 team.

Not sure an 11-1 Nebraska team cracks the top 15. Only loss is to a top 12 team...

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure an 11-1 Nebraska team cracks the top 15. Only loss is to a top 12 team...

History is on Nebraska's side. Any team with 1 loss at the end of November should be a top 10, especially with the brand name behind you. UCLA's on their own as to where they end up.

But come November, that early loss won't mean as much as 8-9 straight wins.