• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big D's Fantasy League rant & rave spot

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I don't know why, but this makes me think of Steven Wright. :laugh3:

He and I do have some things in common. But then again, I also have a lot of things in common with the fictional character Eeyore, so.....?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and I do have some things in common. But then again, I also have a lot of things in common with the fictional character Eeyore, so.....?

it is like I found my long lost twin. Now I am scared there is another one out there.:scratch:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K. Something is wrong with me. I can come to no other conclusion.

I say this, as I seem to be one of just a few folks that neither wants or needs anyone to rate my team/teams, and that does not want or need to trade from the team I just drafted before they play game one.

Lucky for me, I am used to doing things wrong/different.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K. Something is wrong with me. I can come to no other conclusion.

I say this, as I seem to be one of just a few folks that neither wants or needs anyone to rate my team/teams, and that does not want or need to trade from the team I just drafted before they play game one.

Lucky for me, I am used to doing things wrong/different.

I have always wanted to be in a no trade no add/drop league... Just to see who had the best draft...

In fact... does anyone want to do one??

It will just be a draft... No lineup changes/ no bench/ no trades...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always wanted to be in a no trade no add/drop league... Just to see who had the best draft...

That would be pretty fun actually.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be pretty fun actually.

So, it's just a draft, and that's it? No drops/pickups, no nothing? We just see who the last team standing is?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have never gone all in, all the way, like you are talking about. I did have a buddy that was interested in my fantasy baseball life, enough to ask a bunch of questions on it. To that end, he ended up joining a league I was in. The reason for this, and overall M.O was similar to what you are proposing.

This was not a case of no moves, but only minimal ones. The only moves that were made were just to cover injuries, so that a full and complete team was fielded each scoring period.

The end result was a very poor showing. However, if everyone was on the same footing, that would really be telling of ones drafting ability # 1, and ability to fill roster holes best and fastest # last.

I might think about this, as the time investment is very minimal, opposed to everything else on my fantasy plate.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I like about it too, no time invested after the draft.

Mano A Mano!

I'm in.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it's just a draft, and that's it? No drops/pickups, no nothing? We just see who the last team standing is?

Not set in stone yet

But we start

C,1B,2B,3B,SS,MI,CI,4OF,2U,8P(can be closers or SP- no restrictions)

5X5 Rotisserie (HR,RBI,Runs,SB,OBP,Wins, Saves, ERA,WHIP,Ks)
No bench, no add/drops, no trades

22 Rounds(again not set in stone, we can make it shorter if that is what the league wants)...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this happens to be a thought for THIS fantasy year, then count me out. I won't have time for another draft before I go to AZ in 5 days.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not set in stone yet

But we start

C,1B,2B,3B,SS,MI,CI,4OF,2U,8P(can be closers or SP- no restrictions)

5X5 Rotisserie (HR,RBI,Runs,SB,OBP,Wins, Saves, ERA,WHIP,Ks)
No bench, no add/drops, no trades

22 Rounds(again not set in stone, we can make it shorter if that is what the league wants)...

Just tell me when and where, but I gotta tell ya, next weekend is full for me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will start a new thread so this is not hijacking the league that i was too chicken to join...

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The league that I am in with the longest history is a league very similar to that. Started when we had to pull stats from the paper so limited trade/waivers were required.
Basic rules that have not changed much for 20 years:
27 player Auction, $400 salary cap, 4X4, rotisserie, one reserve with all remaining 26 players playing all year long, no waivers, limited to 4 players traded per year but must be same position for same position, you can exchange one player from the undrafted players at the All Star break (reverse order of standings at that time), keeper league with $5 increase, up to 10 keepers.

I do not recommend this format to anyone who has access to a computer :laugh3:, but it remains my favorite league because of the history and the good old boys involved mostly all still here in Denver.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league that I am in with the longest history is a league very similar to that. Started when we had to pull stats from the paper so limited trade/waivers were required.
27 player Auction, $400 salary cap, 4X4, rotisserie, one reserve with all remaining 26 players playing all year long, no waivers, limited to 4 players traded per year but must be same position for same position, you can exchange one player from the undrafted players at the All Star break (reverse order of standings at that time), keeper league with $5 increase, up to 10 keepers.

I do not recommend this format to anyone who has access to a computer :laugh3:, but it remains my favorite league because of the history and the good old boys involved mostly all still here in Denver.

You too huh? Dinosaurs we are.....

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember my first football league, that we had to put in the rules stats will be the USA Today Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday editions.

Baseball stats came out of the local paper and if they had a late game that did not get into the next days paper you lost whatever stats were in that game.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember my first football league, that we had to put in the rules stats will be the USA Today Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday editions.

Baseball stats came out of the local paper and if they had a late game that did not get into the next days paper you lost whatever stats were in that game.

So funny. We used the WED. USA today four our stats bible. Haven't used or read that paper since.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just picked up Soria in best of board bunch & best of board bunch 2

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, this lineup deadline daily-tomorrow Sucks. Find out J.J. Hardy is out of my lineup, but if I pick someone up, he's on my team for tomorrow but not today.