• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bieniemy new OC

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numerous people that know the Chiefs said Andy calls the plays and does most of the installation.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont remember that being the story last year, but I do remember the sick halftime adjustments the chiefs made on offense last sunday to win the super bowl.

Your comments above read like sour grapes.

I guess we’ll see…
It was also the "flu game" for Mahomes. Dude literally could barely walk to the sidelines but then came out slinging in the the second half.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RR flames out....EB will be the new HC.
I'd say that will be part of the reason he gets fired. They will say Ron has never been a GM before. He was in charge of the roster, went after Bieniemy when no one else wanted him.

I expect the defense to be good again, so if the Skins don't win it will likely be because the offense didn't do their part.

I could be wrong. I just think a new owner will have better options than the OC that no one else wanted and just played a part in getting his HC fired.

I dont know I'm gonna give EB a chance just like I gave Ron a chance. Hard to talk about Bieniemy getting fired when he's only one day in.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that will be part of the reason he gets fired. They will say Ron has never been a GM before. He was in charge of the roster, went after Bieniemy when no one else wanted him.

I expect the defense to be good again, so if the Skins don't win it will likely be because the offense didn't do their part.

I could be wrong. I just think a new owner will have better options than the OC that no one else wanted and just played a part in getting his HC fired.
They also play in loaded NFC East.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any talk of anyone being fired pre FA, pre draft, is pointless, so I'm gonna chill on the fired talk until the season starts.

As far as the NFC East, the Eagles are gonna have a bunch of FAs that are gonna want some money, but they have the best QB in the division and a top 10 pick

Let's see how the Cowboys look now that they will most likely have to franchise Pollard and have McCarthy calling the plays.

Not sold on the Giants yet. Does Daniel Jones eat up a large portion of their cap. What do they do with Saquan?

Redskins season rides on Bieniemy, Howell, Chase being a game wreaker, and JDR not allowing the defense to back slide.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any talk of anyone being fired pre FA, pre draft, is pointless, so I'm gonna chill on the fired talk until the season starts.

As far as the NFC East, the Eagles are gonna have a bunch of FAs that are gonna want some money, but they have the best QB in the division and a top 10 pick

Let's see how the Cowboys look now that they will most likely have to franchise Pollard and have McCarthy calling the plays.

Not sold on the Giants yet. Does Daniel Jones eat up a large portion of their cap. What do they do with Saquan?

Redskins season rides on Bieniemy, Howell, Chase being a game wreaker, and JDR not allowing the defense to back slide.
They really giving the FT Job to Howell?

Wow.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really giving the FT Job to Howell?

Wow.
Word is that's part of the reason Bieniemy took the job. I'm still not completely sold that's the way they go, but Howell has to be the betting favorite at this point.

Sometimes it seems like Ron is making it up as he goes. Says he wants to be a 2 to 1 rush offense then passes on Roman for Bieniemy.

Wouldn't surprise me if he switched it up again. I do think Dan has Ron under somewhat of a budget and I think Ron really wants to get LTDs done with Payne and Curl.

I'm expecting Howell and a Heinicke/Brissett/Dalton type to compete in camp.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sour grapes? Nothing that happened in the Super Bowl changed my opinion in anyway. I'm sure it was Reid making the most important adjustments in the most important game and whom has always publicly given credit to his underlings.

If you say so.

I believe Mahommes is on record saying otherwise on at least the two td plays.

Like I said, we’ll see.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Specifically, it was Bieniemy who identified the flaw in Philadelphia’s defensive tendencies which led to two Chiefs touchdowns in their second-half comeback: Backup quarterback Chad Henne told The Athletic that Bieniemy noticed the Eagles seemed so nervous about the idea of the Chiefs running a jet sweep near the goal line that they’d overcommit to stopping it. So, the Chiefs scored two easy touchdowns on faked jet sweeps as they roared back from a double-digit deficit to win the title.”

Competent In game adjustments on offense would be a novelty in DC.

Not for nothing, but plenty of former coordinators who didnt call plays for their former teams, get a chance to be a head coach: Hackett, Sirianni, the cinci guy, the minnesota coach, etc.

This coaching “get” is a major coup for the Commanders. Scott Turner worked under nobody, and EB was promoted and worked under a hall of fame cosch for a decade.

Eaglesnut is just annoyed that the commanders did something right for a change.

I dont blame her: I’m as shocked as she is annoyed.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know I'm gonna give EB a chance just like I gave Ron a chance. Hard to talk about Bieniemy getting fired when he's only one day in.
I think the new owner will look at the current t state of the team but also look at the history of Rivera to make a decision. Rivera gm moves will be the biggest strike against him, not just his coaching.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Specifically, it was Bieniemy who identified the flaw in Philadelphia’s defensive tendencies which led to two Chiefs touchdowns in their second-half comeback: Backup quarterback Chad Henne told The Athletic that Bieniemy noticed the Eagles seemed so nervous about the idea of the Chiefs running a jet sweep near the goal line that they’d overcommit to stopping it. So, the Chiefs scored two easy touchdowns on faked jet sweeps as they roared back from a double-digit deficit to win the title.”

Competent In game adjustments on offense would be a novelty in DC.

Not for nothing, but plenty of former coordinators who didnt call plays for their former teams, get a chance to be a head coach: Hackett, Sirianni, the cinci guy, the minnesota coach, etc.

This coaching “get” is a major coup for the Commanders. Scott Turner worked under nobody, and EB was promoted and worked under a hall of fame cosch for a decade.

Eaglesnut is just annoyed that the commanders did something right for a change.

I dont blame her: I’m as shocked as she is annoyed.
Lol, clown. I already said I liked the move for my eagles. I didn't want bieniemy to replace our departed OC. He's not competent.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an unfair world where the sun seems to continually shine on the fortunate, the sun will still shine on a dog's ass once in a while!

Using that as a point of reference, the EB hire is that once-in-a-while moment for Washington!

He has become that unfortunate constant candidate easily typecast because it still can be done. Here are a few of the nonsensical reasons why he hasn't been hired as an HC and just now making the jump into another job hoping to finally make that transition.

1. First read: "It was Reid's offense"
Response: Ok, then show evidence that this has happened to any previous hire coming from a successful offensive or defensive HC'ing tree. In fact, why was it possible to hire Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy, both offensive coordinators under Reid without the additional baggage?

2. First read: "He was a bad interviewee"
Response: "Coach, your approach and vision are what we need for this team, you're a proven winner coming from a winning organization, but, subjectively, I didn't like the way that you interviewed, so... no!

3. First read: "He wasn't the primary playcaller."
Response: teams hire offensive assistants who didn’t call plays pretty regularly! Nick Sirianni didn’t call plays for the Colts when the Eagles hired him. FurtherZac Taylor and Kevin O’Connell didn’t call plays for McVay’s Rams, and those hires worked out quite well for the Bengals and Vikings, respectively. It's also interesting to note that Andy Reid hired by the Eagles way back in 1999, had never called a play either.

4. First read: "He's had brushes with the law."
Response: Legitimate concerns if the current year was 2001 and he's just had that DUI arrest. Perhaps his 1993 arrest for suspicion of harassment and assault on a parking lot attendant working a Colorado football game, and an arrest as a college sophomore for a bar fight. These are real red flags, but it seems odd that these decades-old offenses would make so many NFL owners finally draw some moral line in the sand or more likely holding onto a preconcieved notion about the proclivity of certain other people.

5. First read: "He must be a bad candidate."
Response: he has continued to shine with the Chiefs and the coaches hired instead have broadly failed. (Once again: Adam Gase, Urban Meyer, Nathaniel Hackett, and Joe Judge were picked over him.) Nearly half the league has made the decision to overlook Bieniemy, and the rest of the league has decided to take those teams’ poor choices as gospel. There's one more thing to consider when referring to his qualifications...if he's such a "bad candidate" why on earth was he still employed in Kansas City?

Right now, I can't think of any other current "reasons" against his not being hired elsewhere until now and I welcome more input on the subject from any and all members of the Hoop. Going forward, he's in a very tenuous situation that will reward his success whatever that entails or cement perceptions of him that has gotten us to this rather dubious point.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the pick Chiefs get for this come in this draft or the next one?

Either way EB probably hears it is Reids baby more than anyone, this is a good chance to shut some people up. If he excels a lot of people that have passed on him the last few years will look bad.

Curious how it works out. Good WRs, solid RBs, potential with a young qb. Some improvements to the oline Commanders will improve a lot I think.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell and some competition either drafted or signed
Both are perfectly good plans and I endorse both. However, I am now convinced that the Bears will draft Bryce Young resetting the clock to five years on their rookie QB situation and looking for trading partners for Justin Fields. If EB wants a real shot at improving his resume' then he has to convince the FO to make this trade.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, if we're honest Washington, untried, untested, and drafted in the 5th round has the worse QB in the division.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, clown. I already said I liked the move for my eagles. I didn't want bieniemy to replace our departed OC. He's not competent.

Right. Like I said: “sour grapes.”

Try to keep up.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an unfair world where the sun seems to continually shine on the fortunate, the sun will still shine on a dog's ass once in a while!

Using that as a point of reference, the EB hire is that once-in-a-while moment for Washington!

He has become that unfortunate constant candidate easily typecast because it still can be done. Here are a few of the nonsensical reasons why he hasn't been hired as an HC and just now making the jump into another job hoping to finally make that transition.

1. First read: "It was Reid's offense"
Response: Ok, then show evidence that this has happened to any previous hire coming from a successful offensive or defensive HC'ing tree. In fact, why was it possible to hire Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy, both offensive coordinators under Reid without the additional baggage?

2. First read: "He was a bad interviewee"
Response: "Coach, your approach and vision are what we need for this team, you're a proven winner coming from a winning organization, but, subjectively, I didn't like the way that you interviewed, so... no!

3. First read: "He wasn't the primary playcaller."
Response: teams hire offensive assistants who didn’t call plays pretty regularly! Nick Sirianni didn’t call plays for the Colts when the Eagles hired him. FurtherZac Taylor and Kevin O’Connell didn’t call plays for McVay’s Rams, and those hires worked out quite well for the Bengals and Vikings, respectively. It's also interesting to note that Andy Reid hired by the Eagles way back in 1999, had never called a play either.

4. First read: "He's had brushes with the law."
Response: Legitimate concerns if the current year was 2001 and he's just had that DUI arrest. Perhaps his 1993 arrest for suspicion of harassment and assault on a parking lot attendant working a Colorado football game, and an arrest as a college sophomore for a bar fight. These are real red flags, but it seems odd that these decades-old offenses would make so many NFL owners finally draw some moral line in the sand or more likely holding onto a preconcieved notion about the proclivity of certain other people.

5. First read: "He must be a bad candidate."
Response: he has continued to shine with the Chiefs and the coaches hired instead have broadly failed. (Once again: Adam Gase, Urban Meyer, Nathaniel Hackett, and Joe Judge were picked over him.) Nearly half the league has made the decision to overlook Bieniemy, and the rest of the league has decided to take those teams’ poor choices as gospel. There's one more thing to consider when referring to his qualifications...if he's such a "bad candidate" why on earth was he still employed in Kansas City?

Right now, I can't think of any other current "reasons" against his not being hired elsewhere until now and I welcome more input on the subject from any and all members of the Hoop. Going forward, he's in a very tenuous situation that will reward his success whatever that entails or cement perceptions of him that has gotten us to this rather dubious point.

I agree with this 100%. Excellent post, Sty!

Sheagle fans be damned.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the pick Chiefs get for this come in this draft or the next one?

Either way EB probably hears it is Reids baby more than anyone, this is a good chance to shut some people up. If he excels a lot of people that have passed on him the last few years will look bad.

Curious how it works out. Good WRs, solid RBs, potential with a young qb. Some improvements to the oline Commanders will improve a lot I think.

The Chiefs get a draft pick from the league, correct? For training and promoting minority coaches?

They dont get one from washington.