• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bieniemy new OC

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good piece on EB

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any rumors on his coaching staff?

I would assume most of Turner's staff will go. I would like EB to raid the Chiefs offensive staff if possible. Assistant OLine coaches, Offensive analysts, etc. Chad Henne as the QB coach makes sense. We will see.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any rumors on his coaching staff?

I would assume most of Turner's staff will go. I would like EB to raid the Chiefs offensive staff if possible. Assistant OLine coaches, Offensive analysts, etc. Chad Henne as the QB coach makes sense. We will see.
Doubt those guys would leave the Chiefs

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt those guys would leave the Chiefs
Possibly. But if I am an offensive analyst and trying to build a career, a position coach would be the next step right?

They could simply wait for a position coach spot to open on the Chiefs but I am betting some of these assistant position coaches (not the position coach) would take a promotion to be a position coach.

They currently have a ton of QA and assistant position coaches. I am sure EB will at least approach some of them.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll find out soon enough.

While I hope this is a good hire I am taking a wait and see approach. There has to be a reason he has interviewed for the HC position 17 times and never got the job.

If it turns out well then it might turn out well with a new owner. If not he is looking for a new job. You can't help ask how did Snyder get the guy no one else wanted.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I hope this is a good hire I am taking a wait and see approach. There has to be a reason he has interviewed for the HC position 17 times and never got the job.

If it turns out well then it might turn out well with a new owner. If not he is looking for a new job. You can't help ask how did Snyder get the guy no one else wanted.
I honestly have no idea how this is going to go. Riverboat went all in with this hire. I heard a guy on Sheehan's podcast today.

He's from KC and he basically said the opposite of what McCoy just said and that Eric is basically an offensive genius.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have no idea how this is going to go. Riverboat went all in with this hire. I heard a guy on Sheehan's podcast today.

He's from KC and he basically said the opposite of what McCoy just said and that Eric is basically an offensive genius.
I have heard some variation of both things. One thing we do know is Andy has been doing it for 20 years.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard some variation of both things. One thing we do know is Andy has been doing it for 20 years.
Andy is on a one way ticket to the HOF. Not a bad tree to pull from. McCoy was in the room though. Does make you wonder if he has an axe to grind seeing as Bieniemy is supposedly hard on his players.

There is a quote out there where Andy eluded to players hanging on too long. It was inferred that the quote was about McCoy. I'm pretty sure it was Sheehan who said it on his morning show.

Week one should be fun. New owner, Bieniemy, I'm sure a home game, that I'll most likely fly up for.

Just gotta get this sale across the finish line. This is the year to take a chance on a guy like Bieniemy. If it blows up in our face, the whole house was a teardown anyway.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
return of duck foot

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
truth or sour grapes

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
truth or sour grapes
Sour grapes, he got passed over in the RB1 category in KC because he was done. EB has weapons here but needs a bonafide TE and 3 new OL. This offense will improve under EB.

Shack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL fandom is an interesting thing to behold, in that there's always a constant love/ hate dynamic involved with the good and bad as they hope to be the ultimate winners of the final game of the season. If this is that bounceback season for your team, it's going to be interesting to see how you root for his success and not support him.

If memory serves me, weren't they (Browns) expected to go deep into the playoffs a year or two ago? don't they have essentially the same team in place now?

No problem with vague responses especially at a time of year when everyone interested is projecting near-future moves, trades, and draft strategies.

Thanks!! hopefully, EB hasn't gotten himself into a no-win situation with Rivera and his Carolina henchmen. Our team desperately needs a QB and I'm not comfortable hoping for a Brady-type of redux to occur with Sam Howell.
Ok, so I am going to say some things about Sam Howell, who played for UNC. As I have said on here before, I am an NC State guy so I hate all things UNC. But, it doesn't keep me from recognizing game.

3 years ago, Sam was just an absolute stud a UNC. His stats that year were 68.1% completions, 299 yard passing/game, 30 TDs/7 INTs and had a 179 passer rating. He ran for 146 yards and 5 TDs. He had a pretty solid O line and he was surrounded by 4 skill positions that were in the NFL the following year (RB's Javonte Williams (Denver) & Michael Carter (Jets) and WR's Dyami Brown (Us) & Dazz Newsome (Chicago).

He went into his final season as the projected #1 pick for the next draft. Problem was he lost all of the guys I just listed and they didn't have replacement level talent really for any of those 4 guys. All the positive things about Howell were still there and he has a great arm. Problem was his O line was a group of turn styles that couldn't block anyone and they had a putrid defense. His stats his last season were 62.5% completion rate, 255 yards/game, 24 TDs/9 INTs and a passer rating of 154.2. But his rushing numbers increased to 828 yards and 11 TDs. To me, there wasn't that much of change in the passing numbers, he just didn't have as good of talent around him as the year before. HIs rushing output was impressive and he didn't have time to go through progressions, so he ran it a lot.

As I said, I hate UNC but I was really hopeful that the Commanders would draft him but I didn't think we had a chance because he was going to go so high in the draft. He dropped because his team wasn't as good and they had a disappointing season.

But there was nothing to justify him falling to the 5th round. Maybe 2nd or 3rd round but not the 5th. IMO, he was going to be a steal in the 3rd round. I absolutely still can't believe we got him in the 5th round. Everyone is really high on new UNC QB Drake Maybe but as of now, Howell was better. The only QB I would have taken above Howell in last year's draft would be Kenny Pickett. He is better than Desmond Ridder and Malik Willis. He was better than Trey Lance, Mac Jones and Justin Fields. I think the biggest knock on him was his accuracy as it wasn't as good as some of the other QBs. Personality wise, I always heard he was a little too arrogant, but what NFL player doesn't have a little too much of that? And he had a poor Wonderlic score.

I think Justin Fields is probably the best QB to compare against. Howell was a much better passer. While he isn't as fast as fields, he could make many of the impressive runs that Fields had last season. And he gives us a great goal line threat. NFL defenses will absolutely have to account for him as a runner on each of those snaps inside the 10 yard line and that opens it up a little more for the WR's and TE's. We got a guy IMO that is much closer to being a 1st round talent than a 5th round talent.

And now I fell dirty from saying this postive things about a former UNC player

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I am going to say some things about Sam Howell, who played for UNC. As I have said on here before, I am an NC State guy so I hate all things UNC. But, it doesn't keep me from recognizing game.

3 years ago, Sam was just an absolute stud a UNC. His stats that year were 68.1% completions, 299 yard passing/game, 30 TDs/7 INTs and had a 179 passer rating. He ran for 146 yards and 5 TDs. He had a pretty solid O line and he was surrounded by 4 skill positions that were in the NFL the following year (RB's Javonte Williams (Denver) & Michael Carter (Jets) and WR's Dyami Brown (Us) & Dazz Newsome (Chicago).

He went into his final season as the projected #1 pick for the next draft. Problem was he lost all of the guys I just listed and they didn't have replacement level talent really for any of those 4 guys. All the positive things about Howell were still there and he has a great arm. Problem was his O line was a group of turn styles that couldn't block anyone and they had a putrid defense. His stats his last season were 62.5% completion rate, 255 yards/game, 24 TDs/9 INTs and a passer rating of 154.2. But his rushing numbers increased to 828 yards and 11 TDs. To me, there wasn't that much of change in the passing numbers, he just didn't have as good of talent around him as the year before. HIs rushing output was impressive and he didn't have time to go through progressions, so he ran it a lot.

As I said, I hate UNC but I was really hopeful that the Commanders would draft him but I didn't think we had a chance because he was going to go so high in the draft. He dropped because his team wasn't as good and they had a disappointing season.

But there was nothing to justify him falling to the 5th round. Maybe 2nd or 3rd round but not the 5th. IMO, he was going to be a steal in the 3rd round. I absolutely still can't believe we got him in the 5th round. Everyone is really high on new UNC QB Drake Maybe but as of now, Howell was better. The only QB I would have taken above Howell in last year's draft would be Kenny Pickett. He is better than Desmond Ridder and Malik Willis. He was better than Trey Lance, Mac Jones and Justin Fields. I think the biggest knock on him was his accuracy as it wasn't as good as some of the other QBs. Personality wise, I always heard he was a little too arrogant, but what NFL player doesn't have a little too much of that? And he had a poor Wonderlic score.

I think Justin Fields is probably the best QB to compare against. Howell was a much better passer. While he isn't as fast as fields, he could make many of the impressive runs that Fields had last season. And he gives us a great goal line threat. NFL defenses will absolutely have to account for him as a runner on each of those snaps inside the 10 yard line and that opens it up a little more for the WR's and TE's. We got a guy IMO that is much closer to being a 1st round talent than a 5th round talent.

Thanks Shack...good analysis.

I think this is a crossroads for the organization. Leaving the team sale aside, if we roll with Howell and it doesn't work, we will look back to the offseason as the time we took the wrong road. We had cap room and other options out there.

If we go with a rookie or another vet and leave Howell on the bench, there will always be "what if". There again, with the sale going on, a major trade for Fields or big contract for Carr will probably be off the table. As such, Howell might be the only reasonable option at this time. I like Howell and curious to see what he can do. That being said, he needs protection and a good play caller. We brought in EB to address the playcalling. We will see if Rivera can bring in the appropriate protection. I don't think he is skilled enough to appropriately address the OLine. He did the complete opposite last year.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the pick Chiefs get for this come in this draft or the next one?
The Chiefs get a draft pick from the league, correct? For training and promoting minority coaches?

They dont get one from washington.
I don't think the Chiefs get a comp pick from the league for EB.

Teams only get comp picks awarded for minorities that are hired to be HCs and GMs.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Chiefs get a comp pick from the league for EB.

Teams only get comp picks awarded for minorities that are hired to be HCs and GMs.
Oh, I thought as long as it was upward movement. I figured the Assistant HC title would do it. Bummer for Chiefs

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

great post. This is exactly why I wanted RR to go to Howell after the Wentz injury instead of TH. Howel has had a lot of experience in college and played well with NFL type players. He should have never dropped to the 5th round. RR gave the excuse that he wasn't ready which was a bunch of bs. I hope we role with Howell this year,

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great post. This is exactly why I wanted RR to go to Howell after the Wentz injury instead of TH. Howel has had a lot of experience in college and played well with NFL type players. He should have never dropped to the 5th round. RR gave the excuse that he wasn't ready which was a bunch of bs. I hope we role with Howell this year,
So because Howell "played" with future NFL players while in college, he should have started over TH who was actually playing and winning with current NFL players? I am confused.

TH beat out Howell but not according to you right?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because Howell "played" with future NFL players while in college, he should have started over TH who was actually playing and winning with current NFL players? I am confused.

TH beat out Howell but not according to you right?

we were not winning with TH. It was the run game and defense. I don't buy the "he wasn't ready statement." TH had more experience in the offense b/c he has been with Turner, but Howell IMO was the better player. Water under the bridge now.