• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Berube still has a job?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he got blamed for that series because he really didn't make any big line/strategy changes to help them close the series out, he relied on his players and they let him down imo.

I can't see Sutter leaving LA on his own and missing the playoffs narrowly after back to back cups shouldn't even be a though to remove him

I personally don't want Julien, mostly because of his "I can't believe that's a penalty face".

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my preference would be McClellan. Groulx intrigues me though. He has a history of getting a lot out of Giroux, maybe that translates to the NHL?

I think Bylsma would at least create entertaining hockey. It would be 5+ goals for and goals against on the regular I think.

I'm a little against Julien and Tippet because they play pretty boring hockey. But I do admit, they get a lot out of not necessarily super talented teams. If it wins, it works. So I'm not going to complain. I just wonder if there is enough talent to win under those systems.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my preference would be McClellan. Groulx intrigues me though. He has a history of getting a lot out of Giroux, maybe that translates to the NHL?

I think Bylsma would at least create entertaining hockey. It would be 5+ goals for and goals against on the regular I think.

I'm a little against Julien and Tippet because they play pretty boring hockey. But I do admit, they get a lot out of not necessarily super talented teams. If it wins, it works. So I'm not going to complain. I just wonder if there is enough talent to win under those systems.

My issue with Claude Julien is his inability to adapt with young players in his lineup - that's the last thing the Flyers need is a coach like that

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bovada LV is simply an online sports betting company. They are setting the odds for betting purposes, nothing more.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these sports outlets are getting like the lamestream media. If a story is not there, make one up, float it, and see if it generates an actual response. Like they have the right to make decisions for people whose job it is to make the decisions. Pisses me right off that some of these writers, etc., have the arrogance to believe that they can set a given course of action for a specific transaction. It would be much more accurate and simpler if they just shut the hell up and waited until the event actually occurs.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has Blysma as the odds on favorite.
Kevin Dineen(fuck him) is also mentioned.
Go Babs,McLellan,Groulx,get Mike Keenan back,but don't hire a former Flyer player Eddie.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be SHOCKED if the Flyers' next Head Coach wasn't one of the following:

1) Todd McClellan
2) Claude Julien
3) Dave Tippett
4) Mike Babcock

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he got blamed for that series because he really didn't make any big line/strategy changes to help them close the series out, he relied on his players and they let him down imo.

I can't see Sutter leaving LA on his own and missing the playoffs narrowly after back to back cups shouldn't even be a though to remove him

I personally don't want Julien, mostly because of his "I can't believe that's a penalty face".
That is pretty bad. :hurt:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with McClellan he has experience and his sharks teams were always competitive. I wouldn't fault him for this past season sharks were fading.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Hextall’s done a very good job of staying in the cone of silence. But his peers across the NHL believe he has been waiting for this, planning meticulously for the opportunity. You have to think Toronto will make the largest financial offer, but other teams think Philly is going to be up there, too.

What does Babcock think of Claude Giroux, Steve Mason, Wayne Simmonds, Jakub Voracek and their young defencemen not yet in the NHL? Once news began to break that maybe Edmonton was out, Philly became a popular pick for Babcock’s destination.

From Elliotte Friedman.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman had the flyers in the top 3 with the Wings and Sabres as landing spots for Babcock. I'm starting to think maybe there is a chance he coaches the flyers... I thought no way he leaves Detroit, but..

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman had the flyers in the top 3 with the Wings and Sabres as landing spots for Babcock. I'm starting to think maybe there is a chance he coaches the flyers... I thought no way he leaves Detroit, but..

I have kind of been the opposite. Though he was leavingn Detroit for sure, but no way he comes here. If he is willing to wait a year or two being a bubble team (Hopefully we are a playoff team with a coach that isn't Berube) and then start contending once we have a defensive renaissance with our prospects, then Philly could be an ideal spot. As Friedman points out, Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, and Mason are all enticing.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an ESPN Insider article:

Another Flyers player making a positive impression is Team Canada center Sean Couturier.

The 22-year-old center still hasn’t blossomed offensively in the NHL, but part of that is usage. He started just 40.2 percent of his even-strength shifts in the offensive zone. Former Flyers coach Craig Berube deployed him against the toughest competition each night.

Team Canada coach Todd McLellan is learning why that was the case. While he’s emerging as the favorite to land the Oilers job, McLellan is another coach who would be great in Philadelphia. McLellan has an advantage Babcock doesn’t while evaluating Flyers talent -- he can see them every day, up close.

In the short time they’ve been together in Prague, there’s been a trust formed between Couturier and McLellan.

“Coaches feel good about that type of player. You can trust them -- [they're] dependable,” McLellan said in describing Couturier. “Often, those players have more yet to give, they go to the trusting part of it. Cooch is giving us both. He’s solid defensively, good physically, solid on the penalty kill and has given us some offense too.”

The evaluation works both ways.

Playing in the Eastern Conference, Giroux might not have known much about McLellan during the latter's time with the Sharks. Having him as his coach has helped him get familiar with him, and Giroux said he can’t help but imagine working with him in Philadelphia while they’re trying to win games for Team Canada.

“Of course, you kind of think about that,” Giroux said. “[McLellan] brings a lot of smart things to the table for us. To see different coaches, how they coach, we’re lucky enough to have four or five coaches who are really smart here who can help us.”

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an ESPN Insider article:

Another Flyers player making a positive impression is Team Canada center Sean Couturier.

The 22-year-old center still hasn’t blossomed offensively in the NHL, but part of that is usage. He started just 40.2 percent of his even-strength shifts in the offensive zone. Former Flyers coach Craig Berube deployed him against the toughest competition each night.

Team Canada coach Todd McLellan is learning why that was the case. While he’s emerging as the favorite to land the Oilers job, McLellan is another coach who would be great in Philadelphia. McLellan has an advantage Babcock doesn’t while evaluating Flyers talent -- he can see them every day, up close.

In the short time they’ve been together in Prague, there’s been a trust formed between Couturier and McLellan.

“Coaches feel good about that type of player. You can trust them -- [they're] dependable,” McLellan said in describing Couturier. “Often, those players have more yet to give, they go to the trusting part of it. Cooch is giving us both. He’s solid defensively, good physically, solid on the penalty kill and has given us some offense too.”

The evaluation works both ways.

Playing in the Eastern Conference, Giroux might not have known much about McLellan during the latter's time with the Sharks. Having him as his coach has helped him get familiar with him, and Giroux said he can’t help but imagine working with him in Philadelphia while they’re trying to win games for Team Canada.

“Of course, you kind of think about that,” Giroux said. “[McLellan] brings a lot of smart things to the table for us. To see different coaches, how they coach, we’re lucky enough to have four or five coaches who are really smart here who can help us.”

McLellan is definitely my #2 choice if Babcock isn't available. Unfortunately it seems like Edmonton is already in the driver's seat on that one.

Regardless, nice to see one of the top flight NHL coaches having great things to say about Couturier. And using him to generate offense

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure that Edmonton is a sure thing quite yet. For all we know Hexy may have been in contact with McClellan's agent? I would think he would do some interviews before rushing into a rash decision, no? My gut tells me Babcock is going to Buffalo the more I read up on the Buffalo news. I like what Coots had to say about the coach. I'd like to see a good relationship between the players and coaches, but more importantly, having a coach use his players wisely.