• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals at Jets

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New challenge - Win on the road when favored by more one touchdown. This is the ultimate trap game.... Third game straight on the road. Middle game between two division games. Game after biggest win of the past 5 years. Back-up qb and no top receiver for the opponent.

On paper, this game shouldn't be close at all. But, the NFL rarely works that way.... I expect some ugly football at times, much like the Detroit game. But once the Bengals find a little groove, I think they'll roll. The only thing that can really kill them today is turnovers - I just don't see how the Jets can win if they don't force a bunch of them.

What say you?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The spread has moved 3 points in favor of the Bengals this week so Vegas apparently loves them in a blowout. The Jets did have a home win against a very good (but very injured at the time) Titans team a few weeks back. Off a blowout loss I expect to get the Bengals to get the Jets best punch but I think it gets ugly in the second half.

Bengals 31 Jets 13

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take the bengals to win,but not cover the 10.5 (last spread I saw). I can’t see them having three straight road blowout wins. Plus all the hype they got from the media after rolling the ravens makes me….cautious.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a game I'd love to see them control the clock, use the running game to wear down the Jets defense, and allow the defense to do what it has been doing all season.

Methodical, and surgical. I don't think they need to get crazy today. Do the tough work up front, and just go get the "W".

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's pretty obvious that the bengals celebrated a little too hard this week.

at least we can stop this talk about the Bengals being the top team in the AFC

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was unfortunate. Clear case of a team that doesn't really know how to handle this type of trap situation. It's a forgivable offense if they learn something from it and don't let it happen again.

The defense looked terrible, but I think it was a fluke. They knew next to nothing about the guy. One bonus is that it's likely this guy really isn't all that good and he just had the game of his life. It's also very possible the Jets will give him 80 million for 4 years and continue to suck for another 3 years. That's always fun stuff.

On to Cleveland. Win this week, you're 6-3 (3-0 in the division) on bye and favored in 5 of your last 8. Lose this week and you are 5-4 and heading to Vegas after your bye week with the season on the brink.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's also very possible the Jets will give him 80 million for 4 years and continue to suck for another 3 years. That's always fun stuff.

I'm glad he's playing on Thursday night against a pretty good Colts team so we'll know soon if it this was a complete fluke, a 1999 Kurt Warner situation or somewhere in between.

Even his two INTs were deflected passes that could have been caught by Jets recievers. He was outstanding.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been so pissed off by a refs call. Totally changed the end of the game. I am not saying we would have won, or tied it, because the Jets were playing good ball, but I would have liked to have had the opportunity on which we actually earned. I know I know. Game should have never come down to that play, but it did. So in that light, you expect refs to make good decisions. Mike Hilton was tackling the RB's legs, and the RB lowered his helmet right into Hilton's. That game was embarrassing no matter how you looked at it. White keeps playing like that, Wilson will never get his job back and the Jets will be trying to trade yet another top 3 drafted QB again before their rookie contract is up.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say that this was very impressive. I know it's not much given that we lost to a huge underdog, but this kind of accountability and brotherhood goes a long way in sports. It's a far cry from the days of Cory Dillon and Carl Pickens.