• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

belachick as good as guy lombardo (60's packers coach) ?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very clear and precise in that post. You deflected... AGAIN. This non-response tells me all I need to know.
Some posts are just to absurd to respond to; especially when I suspect you are simply trolling for attention.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are excellent coaches. What you have to consider is that both are from different eras, yet i feel that both could succeed in any era. I think we need to add Paul Brown into this discussion.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly. Post #148. You even capitalized and italicized the word "entirely" Argument over yet? I'll be interested to see how you refute this. Its easy to point out things you said in these threads so be careful about calling people liars. makes you look like a fool.

Yes, it's based around that. I never said that's ALL THEY RUN. I have already explained this. Holy shit. lol. You love semantics because you're buried up to the neck in this.

The argument does seem to be over. You CANNOT answer for anything. You can't even muster an attempt.

This is your last chance.

You know what? Let's just say I DID say they never used 5 step drops (I didn't... but let's say it). That would not change the fact that the offense's are totally different in philosophy, approach and basic principles.

Now... Here is your question. If you cannot answer. I can safely assume you are trolling and this is over.

I linked you to two very easy to read/understand descriptions of the basics and philosophy of each passing offense in post #149. Can you explain to me from those how the two passing offense's are similar in with said basic principles, dynamics and philosophy? What is that you feel is shared between each description of said offenses?

I look forward to your response.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardo?!?

Thread delivers. LOL

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less teams back then. No salary cap. Belichick is the GOAT.
I am not sure the team has ever meant less though than now, ironically. If you got a QB you're good. If you don't? Probably suck. I mean, damn, look at the Saints offense. It's Michael Thomas, Kamara and a boneyard arguably after that in terms of skill positions (Not a big Ingram guy)

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure the team has ever meant less though than now, ironically. If you got a QB you're good. If you don't? Probably suck.

I'm sure. Said it before and I'll say it again....the QB in today's game determines wins and losses at a far greater clip than at any point in history. I don't even believe it's debatable. The salary cap, free agency and the rule changes leaning in favour of the passing offense have all led to this.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's based around that. I never said that's ALL THEY RUN. I have already explained this. Holy shit. lol. You love semantics because you're buried up to the neck in this.

The argument does seem to be over. You CANNOT answer for anything. You can't even muster an attempt.

This is your last chance.

You know what? Let's just say I DID say they never used 5 step drops (I didn't... but let's say it). That would not change the fact that the offense's are totally different in philosophy, approach and basic principles.

Now... Here is your question. If you cannot answer. I can safely assume you are trolling and this is over.

I linked you to two very easy to read/understand descriptions of the basics and philosophy of each passing offense in post #149. Can you explain to me from those how the two passing offense's are similar in with said basic principles, dynamics and philosophy? What is that you feel is shared between each description of said offenses?

I look forward to your response.
Of course you did. I just pointed it out to you in your post #148; unless "Entirely" capitalized and italicized doesn't mean "All". Now I see why your arguments are so scattered. You don't have a full grasp of the language.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you did. I just pointed it out to you in your post #148; unless "Entirely" capitalized and italicized doesn't mean "All". Now I see why your arguments are so scattered. You don't have a full grasp of the language.

I said "entirely based on"... Just like the Bears defense is entirely based on a 3-4 base, but they run other packages as well. However, you already know this. And even if I was wrong about that - it changes nothing. The Coryell offense was based on deeper drops and the WCO shorter drops. You are attempting (poorly so) to cherry pick at minor detail. The points is that the offensive design and philosophy is polar opposite.

This isn't hard... just tell me how these are similar approaches to the passing game.

The Air Coryell Offense:

The entire philosophy is designed to attack the defense deep with long and time consuming route running. Long pass attempts north and south to dictate the safety’s to play deep and end the drive on one fiery play. Quarterbacks will often take 5-7 step drops and hold onto the ball while receivers clear on long north and south routes. This decreases the quarterback’s completion rate due to the volume of contested passes and possible turnovers. Offensive linemen are forced to hold onto blocks for extended periods of time so the play can develop downfield. The offense uses motion to isolate mismatches and confuse the defense with the objective of matching speed players against slower players. The offense is designed to dictate what the defense will give, attempting to strike fear of going for it all on every play.

The West Coast Offense:

The entire philosophy is designed to attack east and west instead of north and south. Quarterbacks will often take quick 3 steps drops to get the ball out quickly. Throws will come out quickly so the linemen need to make quality blocks, but will not be forced to stay on the blocks. Routes are designed to run within 10-15 yards from the line of scrimmage, utilizing 50 yards from east to west. Running backs will be available for check down passes creating a higher quarterback completion rate. This allows a few yards to be gained instead of a throw away or forced throw into tight coverage on well defended plays. The offense is designed to take what the defense gives, whether it be 3 yards or 15 yards.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure the team has ever meant less though than now, ironically. If you got a QB you're good. If you don't? Probably suck. I mean, damn, look at the Saints offense. It's Michael Thomas, Kamara and a boneyard arguably after that in terms of skill positions (Not a big Ingram guy)
True, but BB has been doing it since 2000. To sustain that kind of success for that long is pretty amazing. Other teams with QB’s haven’t done that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said "entirely based on"... Just like the Bears defense is entirely based on a 3-4 base, but they run other packages as well. However, you already know this. And even if I was wrong about that - it changes nothing. The Coryell offense was based on deeper drops and the WCO shorter drops. You are attempting (poorly so) to cherry pick at minor detail. The points is that the offensive design and philosophy is polar opposite.

This isn't hard... just tell me how these are similar approaches to the passing game.
LOL! And you talk about me using semantics? Ha ha! But Oh my God, the bolded above tells me that you think the WCO only contains passes. I've told you several times how the two offenses, offenses are similar in that they are both pass-first offenses. It boggles the mind that you can't seem to grasp the meaning of written words.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did this Belachick or Lombardo guy have anything to do with the WCO:scratch:

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are excellent coaches. What you have to consider is that both are from different eras, yet i feel that both could succeed in any era. I think we need to add Paul Brown into this discussion.

You're a little late... it's been discussed. FWIW, Paul Brown is the GOAT (modern game) in my book. Everyone else runs a distant second.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Last year the 49ers were 1 and 9 and then Garopollo entered the lineup and they win 5 straight with the same roster.