• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Shouldn't Give Up on Fields

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think Carolina is going to win out and we're going to be screwed. lol

Solid chance they see a Jags team without Lawrence this week.

Solid chance they see a Bucs team final week that's clinched and has nothing to play for.

Panthers haven't looked terrible lately either.

I think right now,T-Law is 50/50 to play......Doug Petersen expects him to practice today........
Beathard as a starter Sunday and the Jags reeling badly,Carolina could possibly win......
But Carolina still has the tie breaker with sos......so that still is not all loss.

TB resting players week 18.......??.......now you got me chewing on my fingernails.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Bears decide to keep Fields and IF the Bears choose to replace only Getsy, here are some good candidates for consideration:

Based on the descriptions, I kinda like Greg Roman, altho I'd sure like to know why he's not on anyone's staff at the present.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Bears decide to keep Fields and IF the Bears choose to replace only Getsy, here are some good candidates for consideration:

Based on the descriptions, I kinda like Greg Roman, altho I'd sure like to know why he's not on anyone's staff at the present.
Good choice.

I think he wanted to take some time off.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's remember that even if the Bears end up with the #2 pick, that's still a helluva slot for Poles. Obviously not as strong as having the #1 pick, but sure is a damn good consolation prize. He'll still have a number of options with it.

IT could possibly be as strong as the first,pending of course......

Scenario 1:
I really believe Arizona is stuck with Murray and his contract and they go Harrison.....no one is gonna want Murrays contract......

Scenario 2:
Someone offers Arizona an offer they cant refuse.....which I think happens.

For us,scenario 2 could be a huge nightmare for us.....whatever team trades with Ari,Caleb is gone.....(if thats who Poles is attatched to).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT could possibly be as strong as the first,pending of course......

Scenario 1:
I really believe Arizona is stuck with Murray and his contract and they go Harrison.....no one is gonna want Murrays contract......

Scenario 2:
Someone offers Arizona an offer they cant refuse.....which I think happens.

For us,scenario 2 could be a huge nightmare for us.....whatever team trades with Ari,Caleb is gone.....(if thats who Poles is attatched to).
But we have to remember that if AZ trades out the pick, the team that traded with them will obviously take a QB, whichever one that might be. No team is gonna surrender a ton of draft capital for a WR such as MHJ, as talented as he is. So if we're at #2 and the Cards did trade back, guess who falls in our lap?

Now, OTOH, what if, as this article below suggests, the market is quietly heating up for JF?

That could completely change the scenario.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we have to remember that if AZ trades out the pick, the team that traded with them will obviously take a QB, whichever one that might be. No team is gonna surrender a ton of draft capital for a WR such as MHJ, as talented as he is. So if we're at #2 and the Cards did trade back, guess who falls in our lap?

Now, OTOH, what if, as this article below suggests, the market is quietly heating up for JF?

That could completely change the scenario.

Oh hell ya on MHJ,but Im just relating to of moving off JF......
The problem with AZ getting the no.1,when does JF get traded??

What if Az trades down on draft day.....rather than do it earlier.....??
On draft day if Az takes Harrison.....??....then it maybe too late.

If Poles thinks JF has more upside than those other qbs,we cant move on from JF till Az makes their move first.....js

We need qb before a wr......Az can make it very tough for us.....next 2 games will decide it for us......Ill be chewing on my fingernails these next two gaes or game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We obviously have to see how these last two weeks play out, but I lean more and more with keeping Fields and trading the #1 pick (or #2 if that's what it comes to). I've said it previously that if a trade back could snag us a '24 2nd round and '25 1st round, I'd be all in. Plus if Poles can land a 1st rounder for Fields, then that option's mighty tempting as well.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We obviously have to see how these last two weeks play out, but I lean more and more with keeping Fields and trading the #1 pick (or #2 if that's what it comes to). I've said it previously that if a trade back could snag us a '24 2nd round and '25 1st round, I'd be all in. Plus if Poles can land a 1st rounder for Fields, then that option's mighty tempting as well.

If you guys kept Fields I'd run as fast as possible in Greg Roman's direction.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha...so Caleb Williams' backup threw for 6 TDs in their bowl game, that he opted out of?

You can't make that shit up. Caleb is working his way right out of a fuckton of money. He would be HARD to root for.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha...so Caleb Williams' backup threw for 6 TDs in their bowl game, that he opted out of?

You can't make that shit up. Caleb is working his way right out of a fuckton of money. He would be HARD to root for.
I've been nervous about taking him for quite some time. I'll never argue over his physical talents, but there's something about this guy that screams head case to me.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stuff from Sports Mockery, including the usual pro/con of ditching Fields, plus a couple of takes on Gervon Dexter and Tyler Scott:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stuff from Sports Mockery, including the usual pro/con of ditching Fields, plus a couple of takes on Gervon Dexter and Tyler Scott:

The whole team rallying around Fields is sweet and all. I really meant that. They clearly love the dude and he's obviously an insanely hard worker that has earned their respect in a huge way.

But it really means nothing. Players are going to back their boy. Front offices aren't going to make their decisions based off of that. At least, they shouldn't. This ongoing story and continued reporting on it is kind of useless.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Roman could really develop Fields....

I don't even know If it's as much about development as building an offense to his strengths.

Getsy is trying to make him Aaron Rodgers at times.

Not only will he never be Aaron Rodgers but Caleb Williams may never be Aaron Rodgers.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know If it's as much about development as building an offense to his strengths.

Getsy is trying to make him Aaron Rodgers at times.

Not only will he never be Aaron Rodgers but Caleb Williams may never be Aaron Rodgers.
He would develop by having an offense built to his strengths.

:D

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conundrum is that they must do all or nothing if they want to make this work. Eberflus and Getsy go? Justin needs to go. And vice versa. Don’t make the same mistake as your predecessor Poles. Either all in on what we’ve got or go get that new coach and qb to grow together.

My guess at this point is all 3 stay and we just find a new DC. Unbelievable considering how this season started. Goes to show that fans, myself in particular as a prime example this season, knee jerk react way too much. Sometimes ya just gotta step back and say “let’s see what happens.” We were just so bad through that Denver game. Crazy.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conundrum is that they must do all or nothing if they want to make this work. Eberflus and Getsy go? Justin needs to go. And vice versa. Don’t make the same mistake as your predecessor Poles. Either all in on what we’ve got or go get that new coach and qb to grow together.

My guess at this point is all 3 stay and we just find a new DC. Unbelievable considering how this season started. Goes to show that fans, myself in particular as a prime example this season, knee jerk react way too much. Sometimes ya just gotta step back and say “let’s see what happens.” We were just so bad through that Denver game. Crazy.

Eberflus can stay wirh Fielda and Getsy go

I can't see anyone with a functioning brain letting him continue with Fields or develop a new qb. He has zero track record of doing anything but riding Aaron Rodgers coattails.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article just further cements my distrust of the Bears taking Caleb Williams with either of our two 1st round picks:

One red flag can often be one red flag too many. Multiple red flags simply says thanks but no thanks. If I was already deeply wavering before, I'm now officially on board with the Just Say No campaign to drafting Williams.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Poles came in he said it would bee a 2 year rebuild. Last year was getting rid of all the big money contracts. Crazy because last year Fields looked better than he did early this year while Getsy was trying to turn him into AR. I see steady improvement in this team with most bears fans wanting to trade the first pick to build a better roster. The fact is Getsy jumped 2 positions to be OC and 'Fluce" is learning on the job also. I see a team getting better. Media wants to blame the QB1 when bears lose, but while JF1 can frustrate me I still see an amazing competitive player getting better every week despite suspect coaching
Every week teams get more tape on JF1 yet he is still getting better. Like backups that shock the world their first game and a half D adjusts and we see the ceiling quick. JF1 is a force of nature despite teams knowing what he's going to do. That the Bears aren't in the playoff's is because of 4th quarter defensive letdown. Happy new years all. I really Bears have a competent game plan for GB tomorrow.