• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears imploding.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports "things are not great between" Bears GM Ryan Pace and coach John Fox, and the situation "reached a nadir" in Thursday night's decision to pay a ransom for Mitchell Trubisky at No. 2 overall.

"We don't know what the hell they were doing," said one NFL executive whose team is routinely in the postseason. "It's all anyone is talking about. It's really bad between Pace and Fox. ... From the first pick on, we can't figure out what they were doing. Go back and look at how many small-school kids they took. People around the league are shocked. It's really bad between Pace and Fox." La Canfora suggests the Bears are already eyeballing coaching candidates for the future, namely Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald. The in-fighting in Chicago could conceivably lead to Trubisky seeing the field long before he's ready.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read today -- SF thought Chicago was trading up to grab Solomon and had already started talking to teams to try and trade down to 4-12 range. They couldn't find any takers and were ready to take Reuben Foster at 3.

Lynch refused to believe Chicago would give Glennon that money and then pay a kibg's ransom to take another QB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports "things are not great between" Bears GM Ryan Pace and coach John Fox, and the situation "reached a nadir" in Thursday night's decision to pay a ransom for Mitchell Trubisky at No. 2 overall.

"We don't know what the hell they were doing," said one NFL executive whose team is routinely in the postseason. "It's all anyone is talking about. It's really bad between Pace and Fox. ... From the first pick on, we can't figure out what they were doing. Go back and look at how many small-school kids they took. People around the league are shocked. It's really bad between Pace and Fox." La Canfora suggests the Bears are already eyeballing coaching candidates for the future, namely Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald. The in-fighting in Chicago could conceivably lead to Trubisky seeing the field long before he's ready.

So a couple NFL executive says it's really bad between Pace and Fox, huh? That's some inside source La Canfora. Do you honestly believe this at face-value?

Both Fox and Pace traveled to NC for a private workout with Trubisky, and kept it very hush hush for a reason. No draft board is static. No coaches and GMs are sitting there a month before the draft saying, "This is who we are taking!" They are talking scenarios and who they would take in said scenario.

More likely, is that Fox knew very well he was a possibility, and that it was also a possibility they'd have to trade up to get it done. I'd say that most teams needing to trade to get what they want, won't know for sure that it's possible until right before the draft, and even then it is subject to change.

I can't see a GM deliberately sabotaging a coach. That's just self-sabotage in disguise. I think this article is bunk. Maybe not, but it cites zero sources inside the organization.

Just my homer 2 cents.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a couple NFL executive says it's really bad between Pace and Fox, huh? That's some inside source La Canfora. Do you honestly believe this at face-value?.
I honestly think that where there is smoke, there is fire. So I think there's something to it. You'll have a new HC this time next year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's this, too:

Mike Glennon - QB - Bears
The Chicago Tribune reports Mike Glennon felt "cheated on" following the Bears' trade up for Mitchell Trubisky.

It's a story as old as football, but that's not to belittle Glennon's reaction. Handed $18.5 million guaranteed after holding Jameis Winston's clipboard the past two seasons, Glennon had every reason to believe he was going to be the Bears' starter. He had zero inkling of what was coming in the draft. Glennon should still be under center in Week 1, but the clock has already been started. The Bears might end up with the quarterback result they need, but the process has not been sound.
Source: Chicago Tribune
May 1 - 1:12

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think that where there is smoke, there is fire. So I think there's something to it. You'll have a new HC this time next year.

Maybe.

I still think that article is pretty shitty. Just because two GMs are dumbfounded by their draft doesn't mean anything, and is far from a credible source as to friction within the organization.

Pace is the GM. If blame is to be placed for this draft, it's on Pace. Maybe he is flat-out sacrificing 2017, but that move is a HELLUVA lot more risky than going up to get Trubisky.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's this, too:

Mike Glennon - QB - Bears
The Chicago Tribune reports Mike Glennon felt "cheated on" following the Bears' trade up for Mitchell Trubisky.

It's a story as old as football, but that's not to belittle Glennon's reaction. Handed $18.5 million guaranteed after holding Jameis Winston's clipboard the past two seasons, Glennon had every reason to believe he was going to be the Bears' starter. He had zero inkling of what was coming in the draft. Glennon should still be under center in Week 1, but the clock has already been started. The Bears might end up with the quarterback result they need, but the process has not been sound.
Source: Chicago Tribune
May 1 - 1:12

Well...Mike Glennon isn't really in any position to be fucking anything, but happy he's getting a shot. No disrespect, but NOBODY outside of Glennon's immediate family looked at him as our future.

Prove us wrong Napolean Dynamite's autistic brother. (<--Glennon, not you. lel)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...Mike Glennon isn't really in any position to be fucking anything, but happy he's getting a shot. No disrespect, but NOBODY outside of Glennon's immediate family looked at him as our future.

Prove us wrong Napolean Dynamite's autistic brother. (<--Glennon, not you. lel)

Agree. Just makes you wonder if Fox maybe gave him false hope? Will be interesting to see how short his leash is.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I like competition for spots.

Never a fan of teams handing the starting job to a rookie, just cuz.

Like we did with Staff. I was pissed Dauntes shitty ass wasn't starting.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read today -- SF thought Chicago was trading up to grab Solomon and had already started talking to teams to try and trade down to 4-12 range. They couldn't find any takers and were ready to take Reuben Foster at 3.

Lynch refused to believe Chicago would give Glennon that money and then pay a kibg's ransom to take another QB.
Not really a kings ransom....I heard on Mike and Mike its 13.5 mill guaranteed for the first year in which he will(should) start the entire season....then 2.5 and 2.5 for the next 2. So moneywise it isn't killing them but trading 3 picks to move up one spot for a guy who was 8-5? That's fucking retarded.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How Ryan Pace got the job of GM is truly astounding. The average NFL fan could have done a better job of drafting than that dimwit.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Fox accepted the head coaching job with this dysfunctional organization is puzzling.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a while fellas, stopped in to say hello. Swarm would you like to look up Wiregrass ranch football o n max preps again? 7-3.