• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Basketball Recruits

lankdogg84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dukies... It's getting closer and closer to our first game. Can't wait for Friday when we get to see all the talent come together as we take on Davidson. I imagine that we will come out slow in the first half then make our adjustments and pull away winning by at least 15 points in the second half.

Sometime before our game starts however we should find out if we land the services of Travis Ried for next years class to go along with Grayson Allan. I think that Ried is just as an important commit for us because he would stay at least 3 years if not all 4 years. I haven't heard any updates on the recruiting from for Tyus Jones or Jahlil Okafor. I know they say they still want to play together and that they are planning on commiting soon but I haven't heard a date set yet.

I think that we will be in the running along with Kansas and Baylor for their services. I rule out Kentucky because they recieved commits from two big guys already. So our chances of landing the package looks better and better. I say that Kansas is are only competitor for these two.

I see Myles Turner going to Kansas and I have no idea where Justice Winslow's head is at. I say that he may commit to the Blue Devils too but I say our chances are pretty low on him.

So if we land Travis Ried along with Jones and Okafor to go with Allan I say that is defientley a top 2 recruiting class for next year. If we land this class I hope that Parker stays at least one more year and that Suliamon comes back as well. I know that Hood will leave.

Our roster for next year if this all happens Starters:

Cook
Matt Jones
Suliamon
Parker
Okafor

Bench:
Tyus Jones
Semi Oleyje
Amile Jefferson
Marshall Plumlee
Alex Murphy
Grayson Allan

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Reid Travis. He is a 6'8'' Forward and Duke needs size as well as skill. He is even more important now since Looney decided on Ucla. Anyways, Travis decides Friday at 3:30pm between Duke and Minnesota most likely. Okafor and Jones may not go as a tandem either. If they do decide to attend Duke University then this would be the greatest recruiting class ever at Durham. That's just my opinion anyways.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid Travis chose Stanford. I guess he likes Johnny Dawkins as much as I do. Congrats to the big trees.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid Travis chose Stanford. I guess he likes Johnny Dawkins as much as I do. Congrats to the big trees.

I have a buddy who's a big Duke fan and really thinks Tyus Jones is a Blue Devil. Honestly, I do to. But as a Heel fan, I try and grind his gears a bit and told him I think he's a Sparty! :laugh3:

Anyway, good luck this year Devils!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. Coach K is running out of players to recruit. Good luck this year and I hope both our teams stay healthy for once.:hope: