• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama schedules a tough one in 2019

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's this for an example: after Baylor lost 48-45 to FCS Liberty to start the season, their only win was a 38-9 beatdown of Kansas on the road; and the Jayhawk's only win was over an FCS school. That's like playing two FCS-equivalent schools within your own conference.

Plus, the Mountaineers also played the same Delaware St. school that people gave FSU pain about because they didn't award enough scholarships to warrant being counted towards their wins total. If you're going to raise issues with other teams' schedules, make sure you've got room to talk.

How about you actually understand the conversation before blurting in with your nonsensical drivel. I not once am condemning Alabama for scheduling an FCS, I’m condemning bandwagon pink ears from comparing and FCS (lower division, lower resource foe) to a FBS (big resource, higher quality opponent foe) scheduling wise.

But continue to bring up other teams and completely forget Kansas actually beat their FCS foe they played. So no, scheduling an opponent from a lower division is not the same as scheduling a conference opponent from a P5. Are all Alabama fans this stupid or just you two?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one butthurt about anything is you. That’s why you had to reference a conference game as if it was similar to scheduling an FCS patsy. It is hilarious you say you don’t care yet you continue to respond to this shit. An in this case (as most) you went full retard.

I'm having a blast. I've been waiting all off season for this thread. You've all been itching for something Alabama to cry about, and now it's here.

You don't see anyone making threads about the shitty teams WVU schedules.

And of course you don't want to look at the actual strength of teams in your conference and would rather just say "Hey we played a P5 game" while pretending you actually played someone.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having a blast. I've been waiting all off season for this thread. You've all been itching for something Alabama to cry about, and now it's here.

And of course you don't want to look at the actual strength of teams in your conference and would rather just say "Hey we played a P5 game" while pretending you actually played someone.
You missed the 20+ page thread over Michigan State scheduling Youngstown State for 2021?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you actually understand the conversation before blurting in with your nonsensical drivel. I not once am condemning Alabama for scheduling an FCS, I’m condemning bandwagon pink ears from comparing and FCS (lower division, lower resource foe) to a FBS (big resource, higher quality opponent foe) scheduling wise.

But continue to bring up other teams and completely forget Kansas actually beat their FCS foe they played. So no, scheduling an opponent from a lower division is not the same as scheduling a conference opponent from a P5. Are all Alabama fans this stupid or just you two?

The fact Kansas and a FCS team are comparable just goes to highlight the weakness of your own conference and your own schedules.

Which is why regardless of how many conference games you play, your schedule strength does not reflect the crying.

And Kansas beat a WORSE FCS team than any Alabama plays. They were a 3-8 FCS team and were ranked 188 in Sagarin.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hahahahaha hahahahaha you know why you don’t see WVU threads being made about the teams they play? Because no WVU fan is delusional enough to say playing an FCS foe is the same as playing a conference foe. No WVU is crazy enough to defend their piss poor OoC schedule if there is one. That’s why you don’t see threads made about that for WVU.

Again, I’m not crying about anything. I’m merely calling your out for your foolish homer bullshit.

An of course you will tout your conference schedule and totally ignore your ooc schedule is shit.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact Kansas and a FCS team are comparable just goes to highlight the weakness of your own conference and your own schedules.

Which is why regardless of how many conference games you play, your schedule strength does not reflect the crying.

And Kansas beat a WORSE FCS team than any Alabama plays. They were a 3-8 FCS team and were ranked 188 in Sagarin.

They aren’t comparable. An that’s the point. WVU or Oklahoma doesn’t get to choose to play them or not. The original point.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahaha hahahahaha you know why you don’t see WVU threads being made about the teams they play? Because no WVU fan is delusional enough to say playing an FCS foe is the same as playing a conference foe. No WVU is crazy enough to defend their piss poor OoC schedule if there is one. That’s why you don’t see threads made about that for WVU.

Again, I’m not crying about anything. I’m merely calling your out for your foolish homer bullshit.

An of course you will tout your conference schedule and totally ignore your ooc schedule is shit.

Maybe you should take up the fact a team in your conference is comparable to FCS teams up with that school.

"But one is a P5 conference opponent, so it doesn't count".

Well actually, it counts MORE.

And nobody gives a fuck about WVU is why nobody makes threads.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren’t comparable. An that’s the point. WVU or Oklahoma doesn’t get to choose to play them or not. The original point.

Who cares if you "choose" to play them. You still do, and they are still a shitty team on your schedule that is a free break.

The fact that you believe if the SEC added that FCS team it would somehow be better only goes to highlight how ignorant your "But they are P5 conference opponent" claims really are.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go back & re-read my post. I actually gave Kansas credit for their only win coming over an FCS school. Think, before calling someone else stupid. And for the record, I do understand & pretty much agree that scheduling an FCS school - for the most part - is not the same as scheduling a P-5 team; however, it must also be acknowledged that not all 9-game conference schedules are superior to an 8-game schedule. Your particular case put you in a bad situation to make your point.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No WVU is crazy enough to defend their piss poor OoC schedule if there is one. That’s why you don’t see threads made about that for WVU."

You also don't see discussions about West Virginia possibly making the College Football Playoffs.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, why would I care?
I don’t like the fact that any team schedules an FCS team but I’m not going to bash Alabama for doing something that 85% of teams are doing. And I don’t give a fuck when Alabama schedules them, it’s not like they are getting any advantage over Auburn who schedules a doormat the Saturday before the Iron Bowl as well.

I will make fun of Alabama for having Duke be their “quality” OOC opponent in 2019.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like the fact that any team schedules an FCS team but I’m not going to bash Alabama for doing something that 85% of teams are doing. And I don’t give a fuck when Alabama schedules them, it’s not like they are getting any advantage over Auburn who schedules a doormat the Saturday before the Iron Bowl as well.

I will make fun of Alabama for having Duke be their “quality” OOC opponent in 2019.

Well, I'll join you in the Duke bashing, it's fucked up.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should take up the fact a team in your conference is comparable to FCS teams up with that school.

"But one is a P5 conference opponent, so it doesn't count".

Well actually, it counts MORE.

And nobody gives a fuck about WVU is why nobody makes threads.

I’m taking up the fact that you acting like Alabama had no choice when scheduling their FCS with you because you were dumb enough to infer the comment.

Once again, Kansas is not like an FCS school. Yes they suck but that doesn’t mean Oklahoma and WVU THEIR CONFERENCE MATES get to choose to play them and not.

An no, no one makes threads condemning WVU schedule because no WVU fan is delusional enough to defend the schedule no matter how bad it is.

Last edited:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if you "choose" to play them. You still do, and they are still a shitty team on your schedule that is a free break.

The fact that you believe if the SEC added that FCS team it would somehow be better only goes to highlight how ignorant your "But they are P5 conference opponent" claims really are.

The fact that you are stupid enough to say scheduling an FCS is akin to playing a conference foe demonstrates just how far out of reality you are. Can’t cure stupid

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, should be an easy win for Bama. I, for one, would like to see a more consistent schedule in all of college sports.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back & re-read my post. I actually gave Kansas credit for their only win coming over an FCS school. Think, before calling someone else stupid. And for the record, I do understand & pretty much agree that scheduling an FCS school - for the most part - is not the same as scheduling a P-5 team; however, it must also be acknowledged that not all 9-game conference schedules are superior to an 8-game schedule. Your particular case put you in a bad situation to make your point.

I never said all 9 game conference schedules were superior to 8 game conference schedules did I now homer? My point is absolutely valid. WVU or Oklahoma or any B12 conference mate has no control over choosing which conference mates to play. WE PLAY THEM ALL. Alabama on the other hand absolutely controls their non conference scheduling. That’s why when pink ears made the comment that Alabama playing an FCS is like Oklahoma plating Kansas I called him out on it. Argue records all you want but in conference games are in no ones control in the B12.

Last edited:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No WVU is crazy enough to defend their piss poor OoC schedule if there is one. That’s why you don’t see threads made about that for WVU."

You also don't see discussions about West Virginia possibly making the College Football Playoffs.

No argument here. We don’t have a quarter of the history bama does. But I also didn’t jump on any bandwagon ethier. It’s easy to be a bama fan.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you are stupid enough to say scheduling an FCS is akin to playing a conference foe demonstrates just how far out of reality you are. Can’t cure stupid
You are talking a lot of shit considering WVU is going to go from 2008 until at least 2022 playing an FCS school every year. And if you think that adding an extra conference game, that the FCS game is the one that goes away, then you need a helmet to eat applesauce. The Big12, PAC12 and BigTen don’t seem to have any issues with scheduling FCS opponents with 9 conference games.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are talking a lot of shit considering WVU is going to go from 2008 until at least 2022 playing an FCS school every year. And if you think that adding an extra conference game, that the FCS game is the one that goes away, then you need a helmet to eat applesauce. The Big12, PAC12 and BigTen don’t seem to have any issues with scheduling FCS opponents with 9 conference games.

Really? You think I’m talking shit on Alabama scheduling an FCS opponent? You really aren’t comprehending what I’m saying? I am shocked because you usually get what I’m saying.