• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BAMA Recruiting

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Junior WR favors Tide, waiting on offer

Greg Ostendorf
TideSports.com Recruiting Analyst

Junior wide receiver Carlos Burse already has scholarship offers from various programs in the Atlantic Coast Conference and Southeastern Conference including Florida, North Carolina State, Tennessee and Virginia Tech, but there's one he's still holding out for: Alabama.

The Alpharetta, Ga., native believes the Crimson Tide may be close to extending that offer.

"Alabama is showing a lot of interest," Burse said. "I've been over there twice in the past three weeks. They're very close to offering. I think all I have to do is go to a camp, show out over there, and they'll give me that offer."

On his recent trips to Tuscaloosa, he's been able to check out the campus and get a feel for what college life would be like at UA. So far, he's liked what he's seen.

Burse also visited Alabama when the Crimson Tide hosted LSU in a battle of No. 1 vs. No. 2 and was blown away by the fans, the game and the overall atmosphere.

"I was there for a day, the day they played LSU," Burse said. "I showed up early morning, and I think there were people who had been there for a week already getting ready for the tailgate and everything. It was an amazing experience.

"Being on the field when they were warming up made me want to strap on the pads, and I'm not even in football season anymore. That was one of the best experiences in football that I've ever had in my life."

The 2013 prospect is already looking forward to the rematch between Alabama and LSU in the BCS National Championship Game, but he believes there may be a different outcome this time around.

"It's going to be another defensive war, but Alabama is going to come out on top."

As a junior at Alpharetta High School, Burse finished with over 1,200 yards receiving and 14 touchdowns. At 6-foot-3, 205 pounds, he believes his size is part of the reason Alabama has been showing so much interest.

"I think it's because of my size that they like me," Burse said. "They want another Julio Jones. They'll turn me into a bigger receiver, which I'm really looking forward to if I go there."

Burse, who's competing in the Georgia Junior Bowl this week in Atlanta, hasn't thought much about when he's going to make a decision, but an offer from the Crimson Tide could change all that.

"Alabama would be the favorite if they offered," he said. "That would be a very quick decision."

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ga. receiver high on the Tide

Of the wide receivers on the Rising Seniors West team, Marqui Hawkins was one of the more consistent performers throughout the week. The Columbus-Carver product was smooth in and out of his routes and caught the ball well, working well with all of the quarterbacks.

Hawkins visited Tuscaloosa for the Alabama-LSU game on Nov. 5 and came away impressed with the Crimson Tide even in defeat.

"It was great," Hawkins said. "It was as packed as I've ever seen a stadium. It was a great game. It was a hard-played game. I think there might be a different outcome when they play again coming up."

Hawkins, 6-foot-2, 190 pounds, is hearing the most from Alabama, Auburn, Clemson and Georgia. He hopes to land an Alabama offer soon.

"I know in January I'm supposed to take a trip down there to talk to the coaches," Hawkins said. "I like Coach (Kirby) Smart. He's always making me laugh.

"Most of their receivers are seniors. I can come down there and play my part and might be able to make a difference early."

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Alabama football program, Christmas was a month-long celebration rather than a one-day occurrence.

The Crimson Tide enjoyed their best month of December in recent memory with verbal pledges from five of the top prospects in the country in five-star running back T.J. Yeldon, four-star linebacker Denzel Devall, four-star defensive lineman Alphonse Taylor, four-star JUCO cornerback Travell Dixon and three-star tight end Kurt Freitag.

For comparison's sake, Alabama had only hauled in one December commitment for the classes of 2010 and 2011, two December commitments for the class of 2009 and three December commitments for the class of 2008.

"What this does if you are Alabama is it allows the coaching staff to really focus on a handful of remaining targets which are all elite-level kids," said BamaOnline.com Recruiting Analyst Tim Watts. "Alabama is down to precious few spots, and the last thing they wanted to see was a lot of uncertainty in late January with 15 kids or more still undecided and no clear idea of how the numbers are going to sort out.

"Alabama is now realistically looking at around eight or so targets to fill around five spots. Landing some of your key recruits such as Devall early gives this staff the ability to really hone in on guys like Landon Collins and Eddie Goldman."

Part of the reason for Alabama's success this month is simply timing. The Tide managed to flip two key recruits in Yeldon and Taylor who were both preparing to enroll at the college of their choice in January. For those two prospects as well as Dixon - a mid-term JUCO enrollee - it was now or never in terms of making a decision.

"The Alabama staff loves kids who can enroll early and get the benefits of nailing down their college routine before the grind of summer workouts and fall games begins," said Watts. "Plus, there is the obvious benefit of getting additional practices under your belt for the spring. Kids who go that route have a very good shot of at least contributing on special teams as Vinnie Sunseri and Trey DePriest proved this fall."

Alabama bucked at least one general trend in the recruiting world with their December success - the mantra that "big dogs walk late." Elite prospects in many cases wait until Signing Day or the all-star games to announce their decisions.

In Alabama's case, while many of those big dogs remaining on the board going into January, the quality of prospects secured in December were those typical of commitments one would see on the first Wednesday in February.

"Kids like Yeldon, Dixon and Devall are the kind of prospects that have announcement ceremonies we are typically lining up to cover in February or at the U.S. Army All-American game," said Watts. "The fact that Alabama was able to land a five-star, three four-stars and an undervalued three-star at a need position with targets like Goldman, Collins and Jameis Winston still out there is fun to think about if you are an Alabama fan. While December was an amazing month for the Tide, January could be just as or more special given who is set to announce soon."

The Under Armour All-Star game, which will be Thursday, January 5, includes two big Tide targets tentatively scheduled to announce - athlete Cyrus Jones and Collins. Four-star defensive back Deon Bush is tentatively planning on announcing his decision during the U.S. Army All-American game on January 7. Four-star defensive end Jordan Jenkins will make a televised announcement on Monday, January 9.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:)
Ga. junior on the verge of breaking out
Greg Ostendorf | TideSports | December 30, 2011

Everybody knew about University of Alabama commitment Reuben Foster, but it's a defender on the opposing team who has really turned heads this week with his performance at the Rising Seniors Georgia Junior Bowl.

Carl Lawson, a defensive end/outside linebacker hybrid, has put on a show this week during the practice sessions in Atlanta.

"The week has been real good," Lawson said. "There's a lot of nice competition, and I've just been going out there, competing and showing out. I love the mentality of everybody teaching us how to become better football players and how to be better in life. It's not all about the game."

Lawson will be a name to keep an eye on during tonight's all-star game, which is scheduled to kick off at 7 p.m. EST and will be broadcasted live on ESPN3.

The Alpharetta, Ga., product hasn't been through the camp circuit like other top prospects in the game, and therefore is somewhat of an unknown. His performance this week has changed that, and he may be on the verge of breaking out.

At this point, Lawson doesn't hold any scholarship offers, but says he's hearing from Alabama, Auburn, Florida, South Carolina, Syracuse, UCF and Virginia. He thinks the Tigers may be closest to offering.

Last month, Lawson visited Auburn for the Iron Bowl where he got to see the Crimson Tide play in person. He came away impressed with both programs.

"I love the mentality of both teams," Lawson said. "To see how that defense for Alabama was and how disciplined those guys were, it was all in sync. I would really like to be a part of that. On the Auburn side, I felt like I was part of the family already. It was just a great trip for me, a great experience."

If he held offers from every school, Lawson said Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Texas A&M would make up his top four.

The Tigers are showing him the most love, but the idea of playing the Jack linebacker spot in Alabama's 3-4 defense is appealing, and the Gators and Aggies also run a similar defense with that hybrid linebacker position.

"I love the position because it's a hybrid position," Lawson said. "I get the best of both worlds. I get to drop back in coverage, but I also get to go get the quarterback, which I love. That's why I gave up playing outside linebacker. Those two combined is what I'm looking for, and that's why Alabama one of my top schools."

Lawson expects to start receiving offers in the near future and plans to spend his spring taking visits to prospective schools.

"I'm taking lots of visits. I'm taking visits to Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Florida," Lawson said. "I don't known if I'm going to visit Syracuse because they're showing a lot of interest, but they're so far away. As a team, we're going down to UCF."

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suttles Recruiting Mailbag

By Aaron Suttles
Senior Recruiting Analyst

"Q: Go out on a limb. Who do we close with?
tnt77

A: Wow, straight to the point, huh TNT? I like it. I'm hesitant in even addressing this question because there will be some that hold me to this come National Signing Day, when in fact it was a best guess. So I can't answer this, but I will say that there are five guys I currently can see signing with Alabama. In no particular order Landon Collins, Eddie Goldman, Jordan Jenkins. Cyrus Jones and Jameis Winston.

Q: As the class gets better and fuller, do we have any commits who appear to be looking around?
bigfunguy24

A: Yes. Brandon Greene is looking and there are some around the Georgia program that feel confident that the Bulldogs might be able to pull a switch. It's imperative that Alabama keeps Greene committed because....another commitment who might be looking around is Brandon Hill. Hill has some work to do in the classroom, and with the 2012 class tight with numbers it is more important than ever that every recruit who signs National Letters of Intent is able to qualify and enroll due to the SEC limits on signing classes. There are others who might be jettisoned from this class for one reason or another. Should be an eventful month leading up to NSD.

Q: I think I've heard all I need to know about the '12 class. Tell me all you know about the Nkemdiche (sp?) kid for the '13 class. He seems to be a Clowney type talent. Also seems like an early 'Bama lean. How do we look so far? How would you grade him as of now? AND who are some '13 in-state names we should keep an eye on?
srcallahan

A: Great questions, Callahan. Robert Nkemdiche is a freak. I hope you had a chance to read the story that accompanied his five-star announcement. That will give you a basis for understanding how good he is. First consider how big Nkemdiche is (6-foot-5, 260-270 pounds). Then his quickness, speed, burst. On top of that add desire, passion, a will to be the best player in the country and you can begin to understand why there is no question in my mind (and quite frankly every analyst's mind) that Nkemdiche is the best player in the country for 2013. No doubt Nkemdiche is the best defensive lineman since Jadaveon Clowney, but I think he's more versatile than Clowney. He can play with a hand down. He can rush standing up as a Jack linebacker. He's great in coverage (You should have seen him in coverage against wide receivers at the Hoover Select 7-on-7 this summer. Unreal). He could be a tight end. He rushed for a game-high 85 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries as he helped Grayson to a Georgia AAAAA state title earlier this month. I honestly believe that Nkemdiche is the best player in the country regardless of class. From everything I've gathered he is an Alabama lean. Alabama is in fantastic position for him. His high school coach, Mickey Conn, was a defensive back for Alabama and there are some conspiracy theories that he will steer his "once-in-a-generation player" to Alabama. Get ready to read plenty of that in the next year.

Here are some in-state players to keep an eye on: Muscle Shoals defensive lineman Dee Liner, Handley offensive lineman Bradley Bozeman, Pinson Valley wide receiver Earnest Robinson, Huntsville linebacker Cameron Toney. A player that I expect to really make a jump is Jacksonville athlete Jarren Johnson. Johnson, 6-foot-1, 180 pounds, carried the Aggies to the 4A title with 10 receptions for 188 yards and two touchdowns.

Q: Before Yeldon commit there was all this talk about him and Winston going to flip to Bama. Since Yeldon switched though, I haven't heard anymore about Winston, it's been pretty quiet on him lately. I'd just like to know if your still very confident in him flipping, and if so will it be before National signing day?
rolltide14_0

A: He is still publicly committed to FSU (check out his tweet on Dec. 29 at 11:14 a.m.). However, I still maintain that Alabama has an excellent chance at nabbing the nation's top quarterback. He will be in Orlando/St. Petersburg for the Under Armour All-American Game next week. He isn't expected to announce on NSD due a baseball game (USA versus the world) the same day. Multiple sources have told TideSports.com that most of Winston's family wants him in Tuscaloosa. The lone hold out is his father, who may carry the most weight outside of Winston himself in the decision. I still feel good that Alabama can steal him, but it's far from a sure thing. This is recruiting we're talking about.

Q: Could you give a list of the announcement dates of some of the big names on the board? Thanks!
BamaEducated06

A:See above for Jameis Winston (nothing scheduled). Jordan Jenkins (Jan. 9), Eddie Goldman (NSD), Cyrus Jones (Jan. 5 at Under Armour Game), Landon Collins (Jan. 5 at Under Armour Game, but he has hinted that he may delay if still undecided).

Q: Would like to know how many can we actually sign this year, I've heard that we can back count, would like a clear answer....also is there any recruits that may not make the grades or any that may look to sign with anyone else? Would like to know when some of the big targets plan to make their announcement.....Eddie Goldman, Landon Collins, Cyrus Jones...etc.
Thanks and ROLL TIDE!!!
chapman3669

A: I think Alabama will sign 26 in this class with only one backcounted to the 2011 class. Those with work to do in the classroom include: Casey Gladney and Brandon Hill. See above for the other questions.

Q: Is there any 5-star talent instate in the 2013 class?
BLEEDING CRIMSON

A: Not currently.

Q: Which remaining d-line targets do you feel we close with?
stipton2005

A: I feel good about Jordan Jenkins, who can play defensive end or Jack linebacker. Also Eddie Goldman is possibility.

Q: If some of our remaining targets decide to go elsewhere, who may some recruits that we make a last minute run at?
BIGALUA

A: Difficult to answer without knowing what player/position exited. For instance, if Brandon Greene switched I can see Alabama making a run at a junior college lineman. But if Eddie Goldman picks Florida State I don't necessarily think the Tide would take anyone else with the possible exceptions of Daniel McCullers or Channing Ward.

Q: For the 2013 class, how is the state of Alabama looking as far as talent?
Tide80

A: As a whole, I don't think it's a stellar year for talent in 2013. Look for Alabama to continue its efforts in Georgia to supplement with spot recruiting across the nation as needs necessitate.

Q: I'd love to get some clarification on exactly what the rules are as it related to the total number of players we can sign. How many can back count. What's the rule regarding signing only 25? Right now I just don't see how we can sign any more players.
sbanks0

A: Per the new SEC legislation, league teams may sign 25 players per class which can be supplemented by backcounting mid-term enrollees to the previous year's class as numbers allow. In other words, if Team A signed 23 players in 2011, it may sign 27 recruits in 2012 if two of those players are mid-term enrollees.

Q: Latest on Landon Collins and Jordan Jenkins?
BreakingTheCap

A: Jordan Jenkins is being sought by Georgia. Bulldog coaches are pointing out Alabama's five linebacker commitments, including Ryan Anderson, who projects as a Jack linebacker, the position Jenkins wants to play. Jenkins is still favoring Alabama. Sources continue to tell TideSports.com that Alabama has a slight lead over LSU for Landon Collins.

Q: Seeing the Alabama's Most Wanted ranking reminded me of a couple of recruits that we were high on in the early stages of recruiting, but I haven't heard mentioned recently. Maybe you can provide some insight on Trae Elston and Beniquez Brown. How and why did their recruitment cool? Did Bama lose interest because of more prized recruits or did these guys stop considering us? Thanks and Roll Tide!!
rreynolds2459

A: Simply a by-product of Alabama targeting players ranked higher on their internal board. Elston and Brown are outstanding players, but unfortunately find themselves outside looking in at what could be another historic recruiting class for the Crimson Tide. When you recruit at the level that the UA staff does, some in-state talent will fall by the wayside.

Q: Haven't heard much on Cyrus Jones lately. Are we still in the lead to land him on signing day? If so what position does he start out at?
parkerb

A: Yes, Alabama is still strong for Jones. Slot receiver, but he has the capability of moving to the defensive side of the ball, too.

Q: What are the chances that we hang onto Reuben Foster?
Redbamatime

A: It's going to be tough. The good thing is that Foster loves the Alabama coaching staff, especially defensive coordinator Kirby Smart. If Alabama keeps Smart through NSD 2013, the Crimson Tide has a great shot to keep him committed. As I talked to him this week I could tell that he isn't afraid of competition. But Alabama taking five linebackers (maybe six if Jordan Jenkins signs) in the 2012 class will be used against the Crimson Tide from now until NSD 2013.

Q: Of all the incoming talent, who stands the best chance to contribute in the fall?
freecop609

A: The wide receivers, Chris Black and Amari Cooper. I also think Travell Dixon and T.J. Yeldon have a chance to contribute significantly in 2012."

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continued...

"Q: Can you get an interview with Brandon Greene so he can address his interest in UGA? Or what is your opinion on his recruitment as of today?
Since we landed Alphonse Taylor, does that leave the JUCO kid McCullers out due to our numbers?
Bama Mac

A: We've been working on Greene. I still think he's Alabama as of right now, but, as I said above, the Georgia people feel good about getting him to flip. We'll continue to stay on top of his commitment. Greg is headed to Orlando next week for the Under Armour All-American Game, where Greene will be. We'll bring you everything we garner from our interaction with him, and I'll keep digging behind the scenes.

Yes, I believe Taylor was substituted for McCullers. It's a case where McCullers may have been more ready for an immediate contribution but Taylor has five years to play four and McCullers has three years to play two.

Q: Does the coaching staff have a back-up plan in case Deion Belue doesn't get in for some strange reason or was Deion Belue just icing on the cake after Dixon?
ToddsBrother

A: I fully expect Belue to be a part of this class.

Q: Do we have a realistic shot with Dorial Green-Beckham?
BAMABROOKS

A: Not at this point. Something would have to drastically change.

Q: 1. Why isn't Belue a part of our commitment list?
2. Where, in your opinion, will Dakota Ball end up at Bama?
3. Do you see Bama trying to get Beniquez Brown, Kyron Samuels, Kwon Alexander or Trae Elston?
4. Do you see Alec Morris as The Guy a few years from now?
nickmc11

A: 1. We are confident that the Alabama coaching staff has a plan for Belue. As I pointed out above, I fully expect Belue to be a part of this signing class. He is expected to enroll for the spring semester.
2. Defensive tackle. It also wouldn't surprise me if he was given a shot at offensive guard/center at some point in his career, but that's just me thinking out loud.
3. No. The only possible exception would be Kwon Alexander if Alexander was open to a position switch to safety, and even then it would take some things not going to plan with the current class for that to happen.
4. That's hard to say. Did anyone think Greg McElroy would by 'The Guy' when he signed? I like Morris' mental makeup. I think he's a tough kid. I think he's a guy that can learn and command that offense. So I guess, yeah, I could see him being 'The Man' at some point in his career at Alabama."

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With just about one month remaining before National Signing Day, the Crimson Tide stands at 24 commitments (which includes signee Travell Dixon) which leaves very little space remaining.

The good news for Tide fans? All of the remaining slots should be filled by elite prospects.

The BamaOnline staff presents their first edition of the Class of 2012 Recruiting Forecast with a prediction on where each of the remaining Tide targets will end up as well as a percentage degree of confidence on our picks.

Keep in mind that many of these battles are nip and tuck until the very end and even sources close to Alabama are not completely sure how several of these recruitments will conclude.

Landon Collins
The Skinny: Five Star safety prospect out of Dutchtown, La. down to Alabama and LSU.
Decision Date: Thursday, January 5 during the Under Armour game.
The Scoop: Alabama has done a tremendous job in the recruitment of Collins who will have to ignore tremendous in-state pressure to commit to LSU. At this point, BOL is going with UA although no matter who he picks, this will be a battle until Signing Day.
The Pick: Alabama
Confidence Factor: 60%

Eddie Goldman
The Skinny: Five-star defensive lineman coveted by everyone but shaping into an Alabama-FSU battle.
Decision Date: National Signing Day.
The Scoop: As you would expect from a national recruit, this has been a back and forth battle with Alabama and FSU each enjoying runs of momentum (and schools such as Auburn and Cal remaining a darkhorse). Alabama's success this season may be the difference as well as the efforts of Tide assistant Sal Sunseri.

Jordan Jenkins
The Skinny: Four-star defensive-end/linebacker who is perhaps the top pass-rusher in the southeast.
Decision Date: Monday, January 9 on Fox Sports South at 7 p.m. EST.
The Scoop: Alabama has simply done the better job of recruiting Jenkins who has also considered Florida and Georgia with the Bulldogs making a late run and Florida falling off a bit late.
Confidence Factor: 75%

Cyrus Jones
The Skinny: Four-star safety who could play receiver, corner or kick returner.
The Scoop: Jones has been intrigued with the SEC throughout his recruitment, and Alabama has pulled away from Virginia Tech in this battle.
Confidence Factor: 95%

Other Picks

Dorial Green-Beckham - Texas (60% Confidence Factor). Alabama still stands to receive an official visit but it has long been believes the nation's top receiver will stay closer to home. Arkansas is the darkhorse here.

Deon Bush - Auburn (60% Confidence Factor). The Tigers are confident with their chances with the tall cover corner. Alabama right in the thick of this, however, with Miami a darkhorse.

Korren Kirven - VA Tech (70% Confidence Factor). The Hokies are home to one of Kirven's best friends. Alabama still in it a bit, but Alphonse Taylor could have shook up the numbers here.

Jeremy Liggins - Ole Miss (60% Confidence Factor). The Rebels made up a lot of ground here from a time where Liggins was thought to be a private UA commit.

Daniel McCullers - Tennessee (60% Confidence Factor). Alphonse Taylor effectively took McCullers' spot at Alabama.

Barry J. Sanders - Stanford (70% Confidence Factor). Alabama landing five-star back T.J. Yeldon all but closed the book on this one.

Dalvin Tomlinson - Georgia Tech (70% Confidence Factor). The Yellow Jackets have moved into the lead with Alabama tight on numbers and proximity to home considerations for Tomlinson.

Channing Ward - Ole Miss (50% Confidence Factor). Look out for Auburn here as well.

Jameis Winston - FSU (51% Confidence Factor). Alabama has made a very strong late run in this battle, but at the moment the five-star QB is making it known that he plans to stick with the Seminoles. UA will battle here to Signing Day.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With just about one month remaining before National Signing Day, the Crimson Tide stands at 24 commitments (which includes signee Travell Dixon) which leaves very little space remaining.

The good news for Tide fans? All of the remaining slots should be filled by elite prospects.

The BamaOnline staff presents their first edition of the Class of 2012 Recruiting Forecast with a prediction on where each of the remaining Tide targets will end up as well as a percentage degree of confidence on our picks.

Keep in mind that many of these battles are nip and tuck until the very end and even sources close to Alabama are not completely sure how several of these recruitments will conclude.

Landon Collins
The Skinny: Five Star safety prospect out of Dutchtown, La. down to Alabama and LSU.
The Scoop: Alabama has done a tremendous job in the recruitment of Collins who will have to ignore tremendous in-state pressure to commit to LSU. At this point, BOL is going with UA although no matter who he picks, this will be a battle until Signing Day.

Eddie Goldman
The Skinny: Five-star defensive lineman coveted by everyone but shaping into an Alabama-FSU battle.
Decision Date: National Signing Day.
The Scoop: As you would expect from a national recruit, this has been a back and forth battle with Alabama and FSU each enjoying runs of momentum (and schools such as Auburn and Cal remaining a darkhorse). Alabama's success this season may be the difference as well as the efforts of Tide assistant Sal Sunseri.

Jordan Jenkins
The Skinny: Four-star defensive-end/linebacker who is perhaps the top pass-rusher in the southeast.
Decision Date: Monday, January 9 on Fox Sports South at 7 p.m. EST.
The Scoop: Alabama has simply done the better job of recruiting Jenkins who has also considered Florida and Georgia with the Bulldogs making a late run and Florida falling off a bit late.
Confidence Factor: 75%

Cyrus Jones
The Skinny: Four-star safety who could play receiver, corner or kick returner.
The Scoop: Jones has been intrigued with the SEC throughout his recruitment, and Alabama has pulled away from Virginia Tech in this battle.
Confidence Factor: 95%

Other Picks

Dorial Green-Beckham - Texas (60% Confidence Factor). Alabama still stands to receive an official visit but it has long been believes the nation's top receiver will stay closer to home. Arkansas is the darkhorse here.

Deon Bush - Auburn (60% Confidence Factor). The Tigers are confident with their chances with the tall cover corner. Alabama right in the thick of this, however, with Miami a darkhorse.

Korren Kirven - VA Tech (70% Confidence Factor). The Hokies are home to one of Kirven's best friends. Alabama still in it a bit, but Alphonse Taylor could have shook up the numbers here.

Jeremy Liggins - Ole Miss (60% Confidence Factor). The Rebels made up a lot of ground here from a time where Liggins was thought to be a private UA commit.

Daniel McCullers - Tennessee (60% Confidence Factor). Alphonse Taylor effectively took McCullers' spot at Alabama.

Barry J. Sanders - Stanford (70% Confidence Factor). Alabama landing five-star back T.J. Yeldon all but closed the book on this one.

Dalvin Tomlinson - Georgia Tech (70% Confidence Factor). The Yellow Jackets have moved into the lead with Alabama tight on numbers and proximity to home considerations for Tomlinson.

Channing Ward - Ole Miss (50% Confidence Factor). Look out for Auburn here as well.

Jameis Winston - FSU (51% Confidence Factor). Alabama has made a very strong late run in this battle, but at the moment the five-star QB is making it known that he plans to stick with the Seminoles. UA will battle here to Signing Day.

Got him but mama ain't too happy with it..

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful boys and girls. Rivals has been nosing around and is pissed at us on the Hokie side. Make sure to cite stuff from them and don' take their premium stuff and copy it word for word. Just an FYI.

I guess I need stop doing that, I just been copy and pasting the premium articles, I try to make sure it's clear where it's from though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL who said we were cheating over here!!! JK...eh fun had to come to an end sometime. If anyone wants to exchange emails and trade info hit me up.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful boys and girls. Rivals has been nosing around and is pissed at us on the Hokie side. Make sure to cite stuff from them and don' take their premium stuff and copy it word for word. Just an FYI.

I was just about to say something about that because I was lurking around the VT board.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sources tell me that we are likely gonna get 4 star DT Dalvin Tomlinson. :lol:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama offers 2013 QB Brice Ramsey. He's committed to UGA right, UF is also really high up with him. So he's more likely to stay with UGA or flip to UF than he is to come to Bama at this point. Anything can happen though.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama offers 2013 DE Carl Lawson. We want him at Jack.

Last edited by a moderator:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baton Rouge 2013 DE Tim Williams got an Alabama offer.

Washington High school 2013 Wide receiver Dejon Funderburk also grabbed an offer from Bama.

And 2013 RB Alvin Kamara got an offer.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*One prospect to keep an eye on early tomorrow is Lynchburg (Va.) Brookville defensive tackle Korren Kirven. The four-star will announce at an 8 am EST press conference and will choose from UA, Maryland, Tennessee, and Virginia Tech. Previously, Kirven was written off as going to the Vols or Hokies but in the last 24 hours a source close to Kirven has insinuated a spot has possibly been worked out for the 4-star prospect and the Tide is still a possibility and maybe even a likely destination. This is hardly a foregone conclusion with Tennessee and VT sources feeling confident as well. But nevertheless his announcement will be followed closely.

***It should be noted that only the Alabama staff has the full grasp of what is happening from a numbers standpoint. There is always a lot of speculation, but the one thing we have learned is that the UA staff has a firm understanding on how the scholarship situation will work. No scenario goes unaccounted for and there is a detailed plan in place should UA land Kirven tomorrow.

***Tide defensive line target Dalvin Tomlinson is set to announce between UA and fellow finalist Georgia Tec at 9 am EST at the Fox 5 Studios in Atlanta. Georgia will also be mentioned but he canceled his visit to Athens and they aren’t considered a serious contender. As BOL first reported, UA remains in very good shape for the Peach State defender, who officially visited the Capstone in December.

***As noted on the Round Table last week, UA is out for Eddie Goldman after the five-star’s family opted to cancel the last in-home visit in the interest of saving UA’s time. Goldman will choose between Auburn and Florida State at 10:30 EST with the Seminoles holding a slight edge but the Tigers still easily within striking distance.

*** Oxford (Ala.) four-star linebacker Kwon Alexander has dominated recent message board speculation, but don’t look for Alexander to be a part of UA’s 2012 class. LSU sources indicated the Bayou Bengals are confident they land Alexander, with Auburn being somewhat confident as well. Both defenses would be a good fit for the attacking linebacker whose skill set is ideal for a 4-3 scheme. Alexander’s Oxford teammate Trae Elston also took an official to LSU last weekend. If Alexander does decide to attend Alabama it will be as part of the 2013 class.

***Five-star Tide commit Landon Collins along with the aforementioned Alexander, has been a hot topic early this week, but for different reasons. Regardless, look for Collins to remain firm in his pledge to UA and sign with the Tide. Collins took a final courtesy visit to Baton Rouge at the behest of some close to him and out of respect for the Tiger coaching staff, but any concerns from UA’s end were quelled after Tide assistants Burton Burns and Jeremy Pruitt met with Collins and family one last time on Friday night.

***Like Collins, Tide offensive tackle commit Brandon Greene, also looks to be solid and is expected to sign with UA despite a late run from in-state UGA. Greene hosted Mark Richt and a bevy of Bulldog assistants for an in-home last week. Holding on to Greene is big for UA with replenishing talent at the offensive tackle spot being a priority for the Tide.

***Columbia (S.C) wide receiver Casey Gladney and Atlanta (Ga.) North Atlanta running back Justin Taylor are two Tide commits that could end up signing elsewhere tomorrow. Gladney still has significant work to do academically and could sign with Texas Tech or a JUCO, assuming the Red Raiders are willing to assume the numbers risk of using a spot for a prospect unlikely to qualify. Taylor took an official visit to Ole Miss last weekend and by all reports had a good time. Taylor has to decide on if he wants to enroll at Ole Miss in the summer or wait and enroll at UA in December.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kirven is headed to VT and Tomlinson to Bama. As for Kwon, I hope he picks LSU or Auburn. I just don't like him for us for some reason.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember to cite your sources guys, we don't want anybody getting in trouble over here..

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't reveal my sources or else they may get sued.