• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baker Mayfield

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think OU's football program isn't seriously down right now you're delusional. I could list a lot of examples of how the program has slipped over the past 5 years but why do it? Most OU fans start drinking the kool aid every summer and then when the losses start happening because we have a less than stellar talent level, our defense is a joke, we stick with plays that have stopped working, etc. they raise holy hell. Losing players who could have helped if they stayed is one problem. The bigger problem is we aren't getting enough elite players so we don't give a shit if someone like Jensen leaves. We are a 9-3 program right now. That isn't good enough for me and a lot of other alumni who are tired of forking over money to see this shit show. That's being negative? I call it being realistic.
Talent can only get you so far. For example, Boise State.

Bob's doing what he must to infuse new life into the program other than stepping aside himself...and I'll break it to you...if I were in his shoes, OU tradition be damned...I wouldn't be running for the door. They would have to push my ass out and I would fight.

The only way to exact change is hit them in the pocket book. You and your like-minded boosters are doing just that, and if this season plays out like the last...you may get your wish.

I am on the fence until this season plays out, he's made most of the changes I was looking for...but this is his last chance to get there. If he gets to the playoffs, I'll give him another year.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TK going to media days I think was a sign that Mayfield gets the start. TK is a leader on the team and Bob doesn't want to diminish that. He'll get a chance to play some in the Akron game but I think the team is going with new direction. Mayfield has the better arm.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only was he a freshman he was working with Tech level talent. Every time I see the kid he looks poised on the field. Knight is the superior athlete and always will be but he isn't durable and doesn't have poise when things get crazy. Riley is bound to go with his guy in Mayfield. If he doesn't you know Stoops is the reason. Knight cost the team two games with pix six against TCU and KSU or you could say Josh calling those plays did. I just hope the offense is consistent and is able to answer the call when we get into one of those shoot out games again. I think Mayfield is the better pure passer in that situation and gives us the best chance to hang against the likes of Baylor where you know they are gonna score you just have to score with them and make a few more defensive plays.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent can only get you so far. For example, Boise State.

Bob's doing what he must to infuse new life into the program other than stepping aside himself...and I'll break it to you...if I were in his shoes, OU tradition be damned...I wouldn't be running for the door. They would have to push my ass out and I would fight.

The only way to exact change is hit them in the pocket book. You and your like-minded boosters are doing just that, and if this season plays out like the last...you may get your wish.

I am on the fence until this season plays out, he's made most of the changes I was looking for...but this is his last chance to get there. If he gets to the playoffs, I'll give him another year.
:agree: