• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Back to draft talk

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'd love the Barnett selection but at what cost?"

That would be the key question. If you give up a lot you need to hit on the pick and even still it could hurt if it costs us another player that may also contribute.

We all know draft day charts are old and no more than a guide, but just as an FYI our 3rd would move us up around 6 spots. Probably less if we are the ones doing the calling and maybe more if a team is calling us. My gut says he is gone before a 3rd would get us in position to take him, but who knows how things will fall when hte real teams get on the clock. Really It all boils down to how much we love the player in question. I think we can get a player to contribute with that 3rd round pick, so I would prefer we don't give it up, but if we absolutely love the guy then I'll support it and be happy. 4th or lower I'm all for using to move around if the team feels they must. the first 3 picks are the ones that I like to hold onto.

But, I agree with your point about the draft and dreaming. We can all come up with our ideal situation. Who knows, maybe it comes true. Heck, Brown was a total afterthought to me about the draft last year and now I love the kid.

Trade ups/downs often depend on who is available and the needs of the teams dealing. We have seen in the past where a 3rd rounder was enough to move up 13 spots. Many thought we were fleeced, but that deal resulted in us landing Travis Frederick!

I have maintained from the start that Barnett would have to fall to somewhere in the 20's for it to be reasonable/feasible. And in that context, a 3rd might do it.

Ideally, I would like 3 starters from this draft - DE,CB,S - and in that order. I would forgo the Safety in round 3 if I could obtain what I thought to be a sure thing at DE. Still want a second round CB, no matter what.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well my 2 cents which is worth about as much a rented Beer :suds:

No way I trade up in this draft for ANYBODY the draft is too deep to give up a choice. Now a trade down I can get behind so to speak

So Jerry if your cruising the Hoop stay put or trade down no trade up

Got It !

Good that is all

JMHO :D

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well my 2 cents which is worth about as much a rented Beer :suds:

No way I trade up in this draft for ANYBODY the draft is too deep to give up a choice. Now a trade down I can get behind so to speak

So Jerry if your cruising the Hoop stay put or trade down no trade up

Got It !

Good that is all

JMHO :D
Well it is National Beer day so:suds:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me we can get two starters in the 1st 2 rounds if we draft for the secondary. I see better value in the secondary. I just don't see a stud DE falling to us at 28. King from WA at 28 makes sense if you want to match up with the big receivers that signed with the Eagles and giants . Budda baker is also on my wish list. Is Tak McKinley going to start from day one? I admit I am impressed with him. TJ watt is going to be a player as well. Dammit. So I really have this down to about 5 players I would be OK with at #28. I want the 1st 4 picks to be defense.

King
Mckinley
Watt
Baker
Moreau,i don't GAF if he is injured, has the speed and size

Basham is a wildcard. This kid is going to be a player.

2nd round: basham? Sidney jones? Kappango?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade ups/downs often depend on who is available and the needs of the teams dealing. We have seen in the past where a 3rd rounder was enough to move up 13 spots. Many thought we were fleeced, but that deal resulted in us landing Travis Frederick!

I have maintained from the start that Barnett would have to fall to somewhere in the 20's for it to be reasonable/feasible. And in that context, a 3rd might do it.

Ideally, I would like 3 starters from this draft - DE,CB,S - and in that order. I would forgo the Safety in round 3 if I could obtain what I thought to be a sure thing at DE. Still want a second round CB, no matter what.
It's really sad we had Escobar sandwiched between Frederick and Williams when there were players sitting there that would have contributed

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really sad we had Escobar sandwiched between Frederick and Williams when there were players sitting there that would have contributed

Dallas tries to get too cute in round 2. We all know how it has worked out for the past 5 years. It would be nice to just get a football player in round 2, someone who can actually stay on the field - not some injury concern who dropped, not a character concern, not some guy destined to be a backup TE forever.

I would be ecstatic if Dallas would just go with conventional wisdom in round 2 and stop trying to be the smartest guy in the room - it hasn't worked out and it's time to stop gambling with high value draft picks.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What makes Barnett so special? No sense in trading up for him. I agree that we need help at DE,but there are no DWARES in this draft. There are dbs like Buddha Baker,Josh johnson,Sidney jones,fabian Moreau. I would be very happy if we got budda baker and the NC state safety in this draft and then got Sidney Jones in round 3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas tries to get too cute in round 2. We all know how it has worked out for the past 5 years. It would be nice to just get a football player in round 2, someone who can actually stay on the field - not some injury concern who dropped, not a character concern, not some guy destined to be a backup TE forever.

I would be ecstatic if Dallas would just go with conventional wisdom in round 2 and stop trying to be the smartest guy in the room - it hasn't worked out and it's time to stop gambling with high value draft picks.
I agree. So far the only gamble to pay off was Lee. Every time we drafted TE in the 2nd round I felt like throwing a brick through the TV screen. The sad part aboUT Gregory is he is going to lose millions and we lose all the qb pressures he would have brought

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes Barnett so special? No sense in trading up for him. I agree that we need help at DE,but there are no DWARES in this draft. There are dbs like Buddha Baker,Josh johnson,Sidney jones,fabian Moreau. I would be very happy if we got budda baker and the NC state safety in this draft and then got Sidney Jones in round 3

Elite production from start to finish in his college career, in the toughest conference in college football. I wouldn't get too caught up in his combine measurables considering he was sick during the combine and still chose to participate. Barnett just gets the job done.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite production from start to finish in his college career, in the toughest conference in college football. I wouldn't get too caught up in his combine measurables considering he was sick during the combine and still chose to participate. Barnett just gets the job done.

In a Bowl game as a Sophomore he dominated the Redskins eventual 1st rounder in 2015 ( 5th overall). He is awesome.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Bowl game as a Sophomore he dominated the Redskins eventual 1st rounder in 2015 ( 5th overall). He is awesome.

Barnett dominated most guys he played against. As a true junior, in 3 seasons of college football the guy had 33 sacks and 58 tackles for loss. Broke Reggie White's school sack record.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnett dominated most guys he played against. As a true junior, in 3 seasons of college football the guy had 33 sacks and 58 tackles for loss. Broke Reggie White's school sack record.

Yep. I was mistaken. He was a FR when he dominated Scherff. I always thought he might slip because of his measureables. He just gets the job done.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, I hope these are old pictures...

Dallas needs a starter quality DE from this draft. I don't feel like Lawrence can be relied upon at this point.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still on the obi wagon unless we trade up for barnett.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on who is available for me I like Watt or a CB and while Obi is good I like Evans better in the late 3rd

In the 6th I would like to see them take Dobbs from Tennessee if he is available

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans won't make it to use in the 2nd IMO. I wouldn't be upset with watt,I like him more than takk.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather take Bubba Baker at 28 than Watt. So many three wide sets in the NFL, Baker would have much more of an impact in year one than Watt.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on who is available for me I like Watt or a CB and while Obi is good I like Evans better in the late 3rd

In the 6th I would like to see them take Dobbs from Tennessee if he is available
I remain sold on the Boston College safety in round 3 or 4

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personal favorites for our pick at 28: Derek Barnett, OJ Howard, Charles Harris, Budda Baker, TJ Watt.
We probably have no shot at Barnett and Howard.

My wish is to get two of these corners: Rasul Douglas, Cordrea Tankersley, Sidney Jones, Marlon Humphrey, & Adoree Jackson.

Also wish to get a safety like Budda Baker. Out of the three "open" positions in the DBackfield at the moment, strong safety is the one that has me most concerned. We lost two deep at that position and are very green. We need to be able to grab a guy that can play that spot and play it well if Frazer isn't ready. The plus with Baker is you can plug him in at slot CB day 1 and push Scandrick out wide. Humphrey also offers flex in that he could be used as a strong safety and a boundary corner. I worry that we miss out on both, which is where I wish I knew more about Frazer and Tapper and the coaches feelings on if they can be starters this year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Dallas drafts Michigan's Peppers at 28 and reading some opinions that seems like a bad idea.
BUT....factor Sean Lee at weakside and the thought grows on me. Sean did more for Barry Church than most people realize.