• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Back to draft talk

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt has very similar SPARQ scores as Von Miller. Sure, there are differences between the two, Watt scored a little better than Miller in certain areas and Miller better than Watt in others, but at the end of the day their profiles are very similar.

Watt did only have the 1 good/great year as a OLB/DE, but considering he only played 1 full season at the position, I think it's fair to say he was productive in college. Does he have Derek Barnett's resume? No, but Watt showed he could get it done in a power conference.

Watt was over 250lbs at the combine I thought? Could have been additional water weight. I'm not too worried about his current weight. He's 6'5" and lean as hell, plenty of room to grow. For now let him play SLB on obvious rushing downs in base 4-3, and slide him down to end to rush the passer in obvious passing situations.
I'm hoping you guys that like Watt are right because I really feel like he is one of the favorites to be the pick.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if watt is around when we pick but I would not be upset with him at all

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the defensive talent in this draft, sure has been a lot of offensive players chosen. I'm not going to complain.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to see Ward signed to a FA deal

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns end Caleb Brantley’s draft slide after battery charge, might not keep him
Brantley was regarded as a second-round talent before he allegedly knocked a woman unconscious

Caleb Brantley's troubling problems away from the field didn't prevent the Browns from taking him with the 185th overall pick (sixth round) in the 2017 NFL Draft. But it turns out the Browns might not even keep him.

Brantley carried a second-round grade in the 2017 NFL Draft before allegedly knocked a woman out earlier this month. The former Florida defensive tackle was charged with misdemeanor battery, according to Alachua County Court records.

"On the above date and time, the [defendant] and [victim] were engaged in a verbal altercation due to crude comments made by the [defendant]," the police report read. "The [victim] (5-foot-6, 120 pounds) pushed the [defendant] (6-foot-3, 307 pounds). The [defendant] responded by striking the [victim] in the face knocking her unconscious. The [victim] sustained dental injuries that displaced a tooth and will require a root canal. The [defendant's] use of force was clearly out of retaliation and not self-defense. Additionally, the intensity of the [defendant's] force far exceeded what was reasonable or necessary."

Browns executive Sashi Brown indicated shortly after selecting Brantley that they might not even hang onto him due to the battery charge.

Not wanting anything to do with Brantley makes sense.

But drafting someone you might cut makes no sense whatsoever. If the Browns weren't finished investigating Brantley, why did they waste a draft pick on him? If the Browns end up cutting Brantley due to their investigation, they'll have no one to blame but themselves. They knew he was facing a misdemeanor battery charge. It wasn't a mystery.

Judging Brantley based on what he brings on the field, NFLDraftScout.com's Spencer Hall gave the Browns an A for the pick.

"A very talented DT prospect who has all the tools, but an inconsistent effort and motor is his biggest obstacle," he wrote. "Great value in Round 6, talent level is closer to second or third round."

Unfortunately for the Browns, Brantley's talent level isn't the only thing that matters. There's a reason why Brantley fell to the sixth round, and if the allegations turn out to be true, that reason is awful.

THEN WHY WOULD THE PICK HIM, NOT KEEPING HIM AT THIS POINT SOUNDS LIKE A BS SMOKESCREEN?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Jerry call Switzer "Dak friendly"...LOL...it's deja vu all over again...

upload_2017-4-30_9-48-40.png