• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in the hill country so I’m a sucker for good German food. Haven’t been down town Austin for over 20 years. Lots of good food down here
A lot of German history in that neck of the woods. Gruene Hall is a classic place too on down the road a piece.

There is a good history account of how the German immigrants got to that area in the book "Empire of the Summer Moon".

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of German history in that neck of the woods. Gruene Hall is a classic place too on down the road a piece.

There is a good history account of how the German immigrants got to that area in the book "Empire of the Summer Moon".
Well. Like every other time I stop down here in God’s country, I will have to stop at a small town meat market and buy some sausage to bring back up to NE Texas

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is a great American town full of good culture, fine restaurants and beautiful women. Plus its the capital of the state with the best looking women, best highways and best economy.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is a great American town full of good culture, fine restaurants and beautiful women. Plus its the capital of the state with the best looking women, best highways and best economy.
My wife is doing something at the Capitol tomorrow. I’m just hanging out and getting fat. I used to visit Austin quite a bit when I was young. It is a cool city...even if it’s full of t-sips

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as a reward for that good stuff Austin has, the rest of us from around the state punish them by sending our elected idiots there for up to 140 days every two years.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is doing something at the Capitol tomorrow. I’m just hanging out and getting fat. I used to visit Austin quite a bit when I was young. It is a cool city...even if it’s full of t-sips
Some "down home" places I like in Austin that aren't far from downtown are Hoover's Welcome, East Side Cafe Eastside Cafe , Hyde Park Bar and Grill Home - Hyde Park Bar & Grill and Magnolia Cafe Cover

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if any former UT players bought the place, but I do love going there before a basketball game. If you don't have a tailgate to go to for a football game it's a great place as well. I love the German influence in Texas, here in San Antonio there is a section of down town called the King William district. It's filled with beautiful old houses with German architecture, from German families that all migrated here in the 1800's. If anybody is coming for the Final 4 I suggest checking it out, plus a block away is "southtown" filled with bars and restaurants.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ate at a nice German Resturant right across from DKR Stadium. Food was great. Scenery sucked :thumb:
What did you have? I'm just getting into the German fare and looking to cook up something new.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran down to Lockhart for some bbq for lunch yesterday. Guerros for dinner. Took my wife out to 6th Street. Made sure to grab some real German sausage, koloches and strudel to take home.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you have? I'm just getting into the German fare and looking to cook up something new.
My favorite is yagersnitzel, spetzel, and braised red cabbage. I dont remember any authentic German restaurants when I lived in SC but I wasn’t sober much back then

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite is yagersnitzel, spetzel, and braised red cabbage. I dont remember any authentic German restaurants when I lived in SC but I wasn’t sober much back then
Yea, I can't think of any either and I've been here my entire life. We do have Gene's Hofbrau, but that's just a watering hole.

I'll have to check out the yagersnitzel. I've done Spietzle and red cabbage already, not that I won't do them again, but just looking for new stuff to try.

:suds:

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I can't think of any either and I've been here my entire life. We do have Gene's Hofbrau, but that's just a watering hole.

I'll have to check out the yagersnitzel. I've done Spietzle and red cabbage already, not that I won't do them again, but just looking for new stuff to try.

:suds:
My wife tries mking it from time to time. She has some square-head in her

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife tries mking it from time to time. She has some square-head in her
I hear ya. My wife has a lot of german blood. She is a descendant of Hite's, Mayer's, and Crapse's. I just got her the Ancestry DNA kit. We'll find out how accurate their test are or if someone down the line stepped out on their spouse.

After I did my DNA test, I started putting together my family lines and found out that there are several tangents in the bloodline. My Surname and my blood do not match.