• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scholz Beer Garden is pretty damn good. My brother in law always takes me there because my sister won't go. Of all the great places to eat in Austin, my favorite is Torchy's Tacos. I know it's nothing special but I love that shit. I'll call and have them cook me up about 10 tacos worth of meat and get the tortillas separate and fly that shit home in a ziplock bag.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scholz Beer Garden is pretty damn good. My brother in law always takes me there because my sister won't go. Of all the great places to eat in Austin, my favorite is Torchy's Tacos. I know it's nothing special but I love that shit. I'll call and have them cook me up about 10 tacos worth of meat and get the tortillas separate and fly that shit home in a ziplock bag.

Don't pass on the queso with diablo sauce either

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goes back a hundred years. Aggies serve in combat while longhorns sit at home sipping tea.

And the reason we find it hilarious is because more Longhorns served in the military than aggys

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a Torchy’s up here in DFW

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks...not bad as an insult.

If you think that's lame they also refuse to say "UT" because they don't want the school to be known as THE University of Texas. They say TU.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think that's lame they also refuse to say "UT" because they don't want the school to be known as THE University of Texas. They say TU.
tu not TU :thumb:

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed my time down there. I don’t get to go down to God’s Country as often as I used to. I grew up half way between Austin and Bryan. A bunch of my HS buddies went to college at UT. Some of them still live there. We stayed an extra day to go to a couple of museums and eat at a couple of other places

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DKR looks like it needs some upgrades.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hipsterville

I live in Funkytown now (AKA Fort Worth), but make my way back for about 3-4 home games a year. It's much worse today than it was 20 something years ago when I was a student. And holy shit, it seems the homeless population increases every day; totally getting out of hand. Hope you got you some Kerbey Lane while you were there.......

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Funkytown now (AKA Fort Worth), but make my way back for about 3-4 home games a year. It's much worse today than it was 20 something years ago when I was a student. And holy shit, it seems the homeless population increases every day; totally getting out of hand. Hope you got you some Kerbey Lane while you were there.......
I normally go around it just because of the traffic. Haven’t actually been through there in about 20 years ar so. A lot of friends from HS live there and love it. Too cramped for me. Makes
me appreciate driving through DFW. Didn’t get any Kirby Lane. By Saturday morning, my wife was chomping at the bit to get out of there. We grabbed some sausage and (real) kolaches and gtfo.

I love that region but can’t stand the city. Last time I was there was in the 90’s. Went to a game and hit a bunch of bars. Good times.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You might have to fill me in on spots to eat in DFW. I’ll be spending a lot of time in Dallas the next two years. I’ll be there for two weeks at the beginning of March.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have to fill me in on spots to eat in DFW. I’ll be spending a lot of time in Dallas the next two years. I’ll be there for two weeks at the beginning of March.
Both my daughters and their families live in north Fort Worth so we are there often. This is one of my favorites if you are in that area.

Chef Point Home

It was on Diners, Drive Inns and Dives...is an old Conoco Station...actually still pumps gas. The Bloody Mary is a meal for two!

Also like this place for burgers, beer and live music. There are three, one downtown, one North and one by TCU.

Freds Texas Cafe - Great Burgers and Cold-Ass Beer - Established 1978