• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Atlanta @ Seattle 8:30pm ET on ESPN

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I talking about?

Everyone thought he should have used a timeout, he did not because Carroll played right into his hands

And again, Bill disagrees.

<shrug>

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<shrug>

The truth is out there. In Bill's own words.

I don't expect you to take MY word for it. Educate yourself. Or don't.

Id rather watch what actually happened, not BB trying to protect Carroll from the embarrassment by downplaying how horrific the call was

I dont think one coach ever threw another under the bus like that

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather watch what actually happened, not BB trying to protect Carroll from the embarrassment by downplaying how horrific the call was

I dont think one coach ever threw another under the bus like that

Heh. Uh-huh.

Mr. Hoodie, 'no comment' Belichek, yeah, he's ALL about saving others from embarrassment.

What you're suffering from is what 70% of internet posters suffer from: Start at your conclusion and work backwardsitis.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Uh-huh.

Mr. Hoodie, 'no comment' Belichek, yeah, he's ALL about saving others from embarrassment.

What you're suffering from is what 70% of internet posters suffer from: Start at your conclusion and work backwardsitis.

I never wavered from the second I watched Lynch go in motion, NE barely paid him any mind

I wasnt the only one that immediately wondered what the hell they were doing

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wilson int. in the SB was an absolutely fucking stupid call. Not because it was a pass, but the play design itself. That throw needs to be down so that the risk of interception is zero...and when you have Webster at QB, he can't get the ball down unless he throws between the legs of his O-linemen. Misdirection...bootleg...roll the lil fella out and throw to the corner of the endzone....ANYTHING but that idiotic call.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is going on with Michael Bennett? I didn't see much of him last night. The commentators were talking about how he was going up against a new guard. I did see him blow up the running back in the backfield on one play were the Guard just let him run right by him but didn't notice him that much.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wilson int. in the SB was an absolutely fucking stupid call. Not because it was a pass, but the play design itself. That throw needs to be down so that the risk of interception is zero...and when you have Webster at QB, he can't get the ball down unless he throws between the legs of his O-linemen. Misdirection...bootleg...roll the lil fella out and throw to the corner of the endzone....ANYTHING but that idiotic call.

Meh, it wasn't that 'up.' Could it have been another 12" down? sure. But it was a fucking slant. Not asking Wilson to do something outrageous. EVEN tipping the play by Lockette, 95/100 times at worst that pass is broken up. Which stops the clock.

Butler made a fucking outrageously good read, AND then backed it up with an outrageously fantastic play.

That gets lost in all the weird fucking agendas.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wavered from the second I watched Lynch go in motion, NE barely paid him any mind

I wasnt the only one that immediately wondered what the hell they were doing

I wanted them to roll Wilson out. <shrug>

AGAIN, 95/100 that play is at worst knocked down. Which is fine.

Butler made a fucking GREAT play. The other guys get paid too.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No argument, Butler made a phenomenal play

Just will never agree that he should have ever been in any position to make that play

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument, Butler made a phenomenal play

Just will never agree that he should have ever been in any position to make that play

But you can say that about ANY play. Let's take my rollout. Browner sheds his block, comes up and takes down Wilson, who fumbles the ball and Butler recovers.

ANY play can go sideways.

They weren't calling a statue of liberty play (or a fake FG like last night's game). It was a fucking slant. Wilson had thrown TD's to Lockette on the same damn playcall earlier in the season.

It fooled everyone in the fucking stadium EXCEPT Butler and Browner. Good on them for actually DOING film study, and then recognizing Lockette's lean.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can say that about ANY play. Let's take my rollout. Browner sheds his block, comes up and takes down Wilson, who fumbles the ball and Butler recovers.

ANY play can go sideways.

They weren't calling a statue of liberty play (or a fake FG like last night's game). It was a fucking slant. Wilson had thrown TD's to Lockette on the same damn playcall earlier in the season.

It fooled everyone in the fucking stadium EXCEPT Butler and Browner. Good on them for actually DOING film study, and then recognizing Lockette's lean.

A big bodied, more talented WR prevents that INT, Lockett got pushed out of the way like the small, untalented WR he is.....Thats what you get when you lean on a non-talent in the biggest spot of your career

if Lynch gets stuffed the next 2 plays, at least you go down swinging with the best

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Lynch gets stuffed the next 2 plays, at least you go down swinging with the best

But that's the dirty little secret for a full SEASON AND A HALF before that playcall, Lynch hadn't been the Seahawks best option in short yardage. He'd been stuffed regularly. Including IN THAT SAME FUCKING GAME (3rd and 1).

Lynch of that superbowl had more in common with Lynch of the Raiders than with Lynch of the Beastquake run.

Lynch was still murder if he got to the second level clean (against DB's and even LB's).

He was not so good against stacked fronts (and the Pats were lined up to stop him). The fact he split out AFTER they lined up doesn't matter.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's the dirty little secret for a full SEASON AND A HALF before that playcall, Lynch hadn't been the Seahawks best option in short yardage. He'd been stuffed regularly. Including IN THAT SAME FUCKING GAME (3rd and 1).

Lynch of that superbowl had more in common with Lynch of the Raiders than with Lynch of the Beastquake run.

Lynch was still murder if he got to the second level clean (against DB's and even LB's).

He was not so good against stacked fronts (and the Pats were lined up to stop him). The fact he split out AFTER they lined up doesn't matter.

I hear ya, and Ive heard that, but in that particular case, they had the Pats soooooo on their heels

The amazing kearse catch, followed by a Lynch run of 7-8 yards, just seems an up tempo run there was the way to go, Pats defense seemed off balance and shell shocked at that stage

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, and Ive heard that, but in that particular case, they had the Pats soooooo on their heels

The amazing kearse catch, followed by a Lynch run of 7-8 yards, just seems an up tempo run there was the way to go, Pats defense seemed off balance and shell shocked at that stage

Yep, and Lynch was great running on passing downs. (the 7 yard gain)

That play that turned the game was anything but a passing down. Which is WHY a pass was unexpected.

Now look, I can't look in the future. It's POSSIBLE that Lynch would have scored from there despite the stacked front, I'd put it at 40-60, to 50-50. But the run burns WAAAAAY too much clock. A pass or a Wilson rollout with the option to pass or run out of bounds or throw it away was the way to go. If they run there and get stuffed, they only get one more play in.

And that's why Belichek has said Carroll/Bevell made a good call with the pass.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and Lynch was great running on passing downs. (the 7 yard gain)

That play that turned the game was anything but a passing down. Which is WHY a pass was unexpected.

Now look, I can't look in the future. It's POSSIBLE that Lynch would have scored from there despite the stacked front, I'd put it at 40-60, to 50-50. But the run burns WAAAAAY too much clock. A pass or a Wilson rollout with the option to pass or run out of bounds or throw it away was the way to go. If they run there and get stuffed, they only get one more play in.

And that's why Belichek has said Carroll/Bevell made a good call with the pass.

I never had a problem with A pass, but like you said, Lynch needs to be in the backfield to present the threat of the run, and the run/pass option has to be in play

I remember it all so clearly....When Lynch ran that play, I was expecting a hurry up like offense, and Seattle burned that clock all the way down...I know they were trying to milk some clock, but it felt like their entire rythym was being knocked out of whack, and it was allowing the Pats to get their wind back a bit

Almost felt for me something bad was building on that play

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never had a problem with A pass, but like you said, Lynch needs to be in the backfield to present the threat of the run, and the run/pass option has to be in play

I remember it all so clearly....When Lynch ran that play, I was expecting a hurry up like offense, and Seattle burned that clock all the way down...I know they were trying to milk some clock, but it felt like their entire rythym was being knocked out of whack, and it was allowing the Pats to get their wind back a bit

Almost felt for me something bad was building on that play

Carrol's egregious error came earlier in the game, when he muffed up clock management, burned a timeout, which of course limited the playcalling options in that last drive.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kudos you are one of the few seeing it like it really was. Not a great play call, but numerous other ones could have had the same result. Easy to be armchair QB and do the what if thing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos you are one of the few seeing it like it really was. Not a great play call, but numerous other ones could have had the same result. Easy to be armchair QB and do the what if thing.

In the chess match that is D vs O, advantage Bevell.

Trumped by Browner and Butler.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, it wasn't that 'up.' Could it have been another 12" down? sure. But it was a fucking slant. Not asking Wilson to do something outrageous. EVEN tipping the play by Lockette, 95/100 times at worst that pass is broken up. Which stops the clock.

Butler made a fucking outrageously good read, AND then backed it up with an outrageously fantastic play.

That gets lost in all the weird fucking agendas.

Butler...nor anybody on the Pats defense should've been in any position to make a play like that in the first place. The ball was up at Lockette's head because Webster ain't getting the ball down where it should be..and given that it was a quick slant on a very short throw, it's a bad play call. The chance of it being a run call ended at the snap...no play action/misdirection, which allowed defenders to solely commit to their assignment, and the Seahawks playing against almost all of their strengths.

It was an absolutely horrible play call given the circumstances...and that's before any results.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler...nor anybody on the Pats defense should've been in any position to make a play like that in the first place. The ball was up at Lockette's head because Webster ain't getting the ball down where it should be..and given that it was a quick slant on a very short throw, it's a bad play call. The chance of it being a run call ended at the snap...no play action/misdirection, which allowed defenders to solely commit to their assignment, and the Seahawks playing against almost all of their strengths.

It was an absolutely horrible play call given the circumstances...and that's before any results.

Again, I have to question if you've actually watched the play again since.

Solely commit to their assignment? THAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT OF THE CALL!!!!

The only 4 guys on that side of the field were:

Browner + Kearse
Lockette + Butler

And ad fucking nauseum, Lynch hadn't been 'STRONG' at running in short yardage for a season and a fucking half, including getting stopped in the fucking backfield earlier in the game on a 3rd and one.