• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Atlanta @ Seattle 8:30pm ET on ESPN

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is going on with Michael Bennett? I didn't see much of him last night. The commentators were talking about how he was going up against a new guard. I did see him blow up the running back in the backfield on one play were the Guard just let him run right by him but didn't notice him that much.

He’s been battling an injured foot. Plantar Fascia I believe to go along with the toe that’s been nagging him for years. Safe to say he’s losing a step

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW has a ring so I'm going to back off and cut the little guy some slack. He plays the game differently than Luck, or Brady...he's never going to be a pure pocket passer at his height. Yes, give me the 6'5" 230 QB that can move, and throw too, but I'm not sure I want a pocket or nothing QB either today. A guy like Wentz might be more of the modern prototype QB.
Wentz is a good choice as well

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can say that about ANY play. Let's take my rollout. Browner sheds his block, comes up and takes down Wilson, who fumbles the ball and Butler recovers.

ANY play can go sideways.

They weren't calling a statue of liberty play (or a fake FG like last night's game). It was a fucking slant. Wilson had thrown TD's to Lockette on the same damn playcall earlier in the season.

It fooled everyone in the fucking stadium EXCEPT Butler and Browner. Good on them for actually DOING film study, and then recognizing Lockette's lean.
The difference is, if Wilson rolled out and Browner shed his block as in your hypothetical, Wilson could have chucked the ball out of the stadium without risking an intentional grounding penalty.

In other words, had Wilson rolled out, there would have been a run/pass option as well as an easy 'get out of jail free' card in that he could easily have thrown the ball away if necessary.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is amateurs. You guys fucked up ONE pkaycall to win a SB. Atlanta fucked up 3 in a row. Take that !!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is going on with Michael Bennett? I didn't see much of him last night. The commentators were talking about how he was going up against a new guard. I did see him blow up the running back in the backfield on one play were the Guard just let him run right by him but didn't notice him that much.
He's as overrated as his dimwit brother.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no dog in the fight but as a football fan there are only 4 QBs in the league that scare the shit out of me in the last 2 minutes . The guys you KNOW are going to take the ball and cram it up your team's ass. Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Wilson. That's the list . I'll take my chances against anyone else

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is, if Wilson rolled out and Browner shed his block as in your hypothetical, Wilson could have chucked the ball out of the stadium without risking an intentional grounding penalty.

In other words, had Wilson rolled out, there would have been a run/pass option as well as an easy 'get out of jail free' card in that he could easily have thrown the ball away if necessary.

I've already said that Wilson rolling out would have been my call. I was envisioning his TD against the Cards that year.

But again, ANY play can go sideways. AGAIN, 95/100 even with Butler diagnosing the route, the best he can do is knock it down, and there's 3rd and 4th down still to go.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I have to question if you've actually watched the play again since.

Solely commit to their assignment? THAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT OF THE CALL!!!!

The only 4 guys on that side of the field were:

Browner + Kearse
Lockette + Butler

And ad fucking nauseum, Lynch hadn't been 'STRONG' at running in short yardage for a season and a fucking half, including getting stopped in the fucking backfield earlier in the game on a 3rd and one.

Heh...whoa whoa...simmer down sparky. I think everybody has seen enough of that play considering the overall stupidity of it. The fact is when Seattle played to none of their strengths (actually against them in some cases) with no elements of manipulating the defense, and given the circumstances involved and shown, it's a bad play call. A truly idiotic play call. The end result is irrelevant.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was, they violated every single unwritten rule on one play

- Dont hand ball to power back who just gained 7 easy yards on previous play? CHECK
- Split said RB out wide pre-snap, removing even the threat of a run, or ability to PA - CHECK
- Never Throw ball into a crowd in the middle of the field at the one yard line? CHECK
- Never lead your WR into said crowd in the middle of the field at the one with the throw? - CHECK
- Never rely on the worst WR on your roster to make a play that will decide your season at the one yard line -
CHECK

Unquestionably, indisputably the worst play call in the history of not only football, but maybe big game pro sports in recent memory
Easy Dirt somebody may think you hate NE.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clock is running at 20+ seconds and counting and everyone is wondering why BB isnt using a TO, to try and save Brady at least a shot

The reason he didnt, is because as soon as he split Lynch out wide, he knew he had the perfect defense set up

I never had a huge problem with "A" pass, I had a problem with THAT pass........Removing the ability to Play action, not using Wilsons legs on a run/pass option and the cherry on top, forcing it BY DESIGN to the #5 receiving option on your roster
Was David Tyree a #1WR? #2? #3...?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was David Tyree a #1WR? #2? #3...?

The tyree play wasnt designed to go to him, he was the last option

the play was designed to have Lockett be the #1 target on that play, the worst WR on that team, the #1 option

Come to me when you need to learn football and stuff

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tyree play wasnt designed to go to him, he was the last option

the play was designed to have Lockett be the #1 target on that play, the worst WR on that team, the #1 option

Come to me when you need to learn football and stuff
Really yet you want to argue have Lynch run it in against the NE jumbo package where he had already failed in the game and was 20% on the year. You have the audacity to claim you have foorball knowledge. BB has sais he wasn't going to call a time out and let Carroll off the hook. He was watching him and saw Seattle wasn't sure what to do. But to call it the worst playcall at that moment, with all the facts laid out proves you're a hater and nothing else.

Many of us agree a roll out would've been the best call. The run wasn't. A surprise by trying to go to the least likely option that actually sounds pretty solid. Except to a NY dim wit.

I'm going to start charging you for this schooling. It ain't free no more.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really yet you want to argue have Lynch run it in against the NE jumbo package where he had already failed in the game and was 20% on the year. You have the audacity to claim you have foorball knowledge. BB has sais he wasn't going to call a time out and let Carroll off the hook. He was watching him and saw Seattle wasn't sure what to do. But to call it the worst playcall at that moment, with all the facts laid out proves you're a hater and nothing else.

Many of us agree a roll out would've been the best call. The run wasn't. A surprise by trying to go to the least likely option that actually sounds pretty solid. Except to a NY dim wit.

I'm going to start charging you for this schooling. It ain't free no more.

In here to help you, don't get yourself worked up

No one has stated it has to be a straight ahead run into a stacked box

Motioning Lynch, removing the threat of the run, not going with the a run pass option with most mobile QB in the league, zero mis direction

This isn't a Dirt exclusive, most of the football world calls it the worst play call in big game sports history

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In here to help you, don't get yourself worked up

Motioning Lynch, removing the threat of the run, not going with the a run pass option with most mobile QB in the league, zero mis direction

This isn't a Dirt exclusive, most of the football world calls it the worst play call in big game sports history
Yes Dirt we all know you're smarter than PC and the OC.
New York deserves you. :doh:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s been battling an injured foot. Plantar Fascia I believe to go along with the toe that’s been nagging him for years. Safe to say he’s losing a step

If it is turf toe, those can linger for years. It really affected Patrick Willis and surgery did not fix it.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is turf toe, those can linger for years. It really affected Patrick Willis and surgery did not fix it.

Yea its been at least a couple of years. I am not sure if its turf toe but I know he usually as at least one rest day a week with (toe) listed.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh...whoa whoa...simmer down sparky. I think everybody has seen enough of that play considering the overall stupidity of it. The fact is when Seattle played to none of their strengths (actually against them in some cases) with no elements of manipulating the defense, and given the circumstances involved and shown, it's a bad play call. A truly idiotic play call. The end result is irrelevant.

I give you the Donald Trump repeat the same thing again instead of making an actual argument gold star.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh. Of COURSE that's what countless people in countless threads over the years since it happened have EXACTLY argued. Run Lynch.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Of COURSE that's what countless people in countless threads over the years since it happened have EXACTLY argued. Run Lynch.

Patriots would have stopped him.
He failed every time at 3rd and short.
Seattle had the wrong formation in for Lynch to run.
I'm going to get a beer so I don't have to watch you suffer.....