• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As a player, should Pete Rose still be in the Hall of Fame?

Should Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame as a player?

• I don't think Pete Rose had a Hall of Fame career to begin with.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete could have fixed games to pay off any debt but he owed yet the gamblers turned on him. Why do you that that is exactly? You think shutting TFU help your argument here?

Steroids changed the games, Pete did not

http://SportsHoopla.com/qayqjbd

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete could have fixed games to pay off any debt but he owed yet the gamblers turned on him. Why do you that that is exactly? You think shutting TFU help your argument here?

Steroids changed the games, Pete did not

I think somebody has them panties in a bunch and can't think straight.

what_you_talking_about_willis.jpg

Lazer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea U guys must be right! You'd made great mobsters. Here you have a manager of a major league team willing to fix games for you but it's smarter for you to tell MLB that he bet games.

Pete would not pay fuckin pennies (less than) 35K, but he was fixing games LMFAO. Plus he must be a bad fixer too LOL

Have a great life guys, best of luck, I'm telling you now you'll need all you can get.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Rose should never be in the Hall of Fame. He committed the one thing everyone involved in baseball knows you can't do & he did it repeatedly. It wasn't just once. He was doing it every single day of the baseball season. I don't care about his stats as a player. He cheated the game period.

Had he done it everyday he might be in. But he didn't. The days he didn't place bets are what compromised integrity.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish you were a Yankee fan and Jetes lover. They never and I strongly use the word never bash legends here. :laugh3:

It's just against what we stand for here, Gandy. :suds: We have a firm zero-tolerance policy on legend bashing.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea U guys must be right! You'd made great mobsters. Here you have a manager of a major league team willing to fix games for you but it's smarter for you to tell MLB that he bet games.

Pete would not pay fuckin pennies (less than) 35K, but he was fixing games LMFAO. Plus he must be a bad fixer too LOL

Have a great life guys, best of luck, I'm telling you now you'll need all you can get.

Boston Bruins, Kansas City Chiefs, Chicago Cubs

Seems legit.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he did NOT change the outcome of a games like the steroid dogs did the logic eludes me as to how it could be worse TBH; moreover, (all)please answer the questions I posed above which seems to show that no games were fixed.

Hey keyboard warrior tell us about your life work. What have you done in your life that's more important than getting the most hits in the history of MLB. Is that your issue? What kind of work do you do?

Is legend bashing cool with the mods here?

Thanks for making this thread amusing at your expense.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkodTydUR0E]Everyone in This Room is Now DUMBER for Having Listened to It - YouTube[/ame]

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he did NOT change the outcome of a games like the steroid dogs did the logic eludes me as to how it could be worse TBH; moreover, (all)please answer the questions I posed above which seems to show that no games were fixed.

Hey keyboard warrior tell us about your life work. What have you done in your life that's more important than getting the most hits in the history of MLB. Is that your issue? What kind of work do you do?

Is legend bashing cool with the mods here?

I am not at all surprised the logic would elude you.

What Rose did is the Mortal Sin of baseball. He knew the risks, yet his urge to gamble outweighed those risks for him. He then lied about it for 20 years until he thought he might be able to get into the HOF. Rose's word simply cannot be trusted.

I agree that Steroids are bad and it could be argued the damage to the game is similar. I will concede that, but until recently, players knew the penalties weren't that significant. Rose knew the consequences if he got caught (its posted in every clubhouse ). Everyone had an opportunity to take Roids and many of those that did are rich because of it..

Rose was in a unique position to manipulate his lineups, pitching staff, in-game decisions to better his chance at winning his bets. All these things can impact the team and certainly the health of pitchers. Taking Rose at his word that he only bet on his team to win is questionable at best. He is a proven liar. He could easily manipulate all the above to help the team "lose" as well. Bet on it...What would come first, the health of your team and its players or the money you’d stand to make?

Or how about a pitcher who is gassed that the manager asked just a little bit more out of because he needed the money and that pitcher blew out his arm or shoulder, completely altering his career?

Rose has said his gambling had no affect on the way he managed, but again this is the same person who claimed he “never bet on baseball" for almost 20 years and lied to all of his loyal fans.

BTW, how do we know Pete didn't bet on baseball while he was a player? His word?:laugh3:
He committed the one offense that could destroy the game. Steroids can’t do that, no amount of cheating could. By betting on the game, whether to win or lose, rips it of its integrity, its competitiveness and its enjoyability for fans. There is a reason Landis did what he did to the Black Sox. It had to be done.

Rose got what he deserved and my vocation or character has nothing to do with it.

Fuck Pete Rose and Fuck you.[/QUOTE]
Well said Mondo. I can't for the life of me understand how some can just look past the fact that gambling almost destroyed MLB in 1919 and the prohibition against it by anyone associated with MLB is "The Golden Rule" which as you correctly pointed out is posted on the door to every MLB clubhouse. It just seems bizarre and made more so by some folks attempts to play the moral equivalence game using PEDs as their crutch.

Fuck Pete Rose, he's a POS.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, I screwed the pooch on that quote thingie and left you all to read more than was necessary.

Well said Mondo. I can't for the life of me understand how some can just look past the fact that gambling almost destroyed MLB in 1919 and the prohibition against it by anyone associated with MLB is "The Golden Rule" which as you correctly pointed out is posted on the door to every MLB clubhouse. It just seems bizarre and made more so by some folks attempts to play the moral equivalence game using PEDs as their crutch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, I screwed the pooch on that quote thingie and left you all to read more than was necessary.

I agree there but he still should be in the Hall and put Shoeless Joe in there while they're at it

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chance that new commish reinstates Pete Rose?

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he loves baseball, zero chance. Pete Rose broke the cardinal rule of baseball and should never be reinstated, no matter how much the revisionist historians cry about it.

Hunter Montana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Odds set for whether Rob Manfred will reinstate Pete Rose"

How ironic.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This means nothing, I know, but I didn't want to start another Pete Rose thread. America wants to see him in though.

2s7b85g.jpg

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3