• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As a player, should Pete Rose still be in the Hall of Fame?

Should Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame as a player?

• I don't think Pete Rose had a Hall of Fame career to begin with.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time Pete Rose was banned from the league, gambling was not recognized as a possible addiction or sickness. Now we know better, and should recognize that it's time to let him in. If Micael Vick can get a second chance in the NFL after what he did why not Pete Rose. I understand that each sport has their own, but the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB needs to start working together with some consistency in rules, and implementing punishment

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time Pete Rose was banned from the league, gambling was not recognized as a possible addiction or sickness. Now we know better, and should recognize that it's time to let him in. If Micael Vick can get a second chance in the NFL after what he did why not Pete Rose. I understand that each sport has their own, but the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB needs to start working together with some consistency in rules, and implementing punishment

I think many that are reasonable understand that an addiction (for alcohol, gambling, sex, etc) is a problem that could happen to anyone. What I think irks a lot of people is that he lied about it for 15-20 years...being a liar isn't a "disease."

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many that are reasonable understand that an addiction (for alcohol, gambling, sex, etc) is a problem that could happen to anyone. What I think irks a lot of people is that he lied about it for 15-20 years...being a liar isn't a "disease."

I think it is in some ways though because yes he lied about and yes there was the potential for him to fix games, but when a person is addicted to something, that person eventually will lie, cheat and steal to get his satisfaction. That's the reason it's a disease. It's been decades now - it's time to forgive and honor him for what he did. What he did is not as bad as the drug addicts like A-Rod that cheated to steal records from those like Sandy Koufax - that earned theirs

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark McGwire, Rafael Palmeiro, Roger Clemens & the rest of the cheaters won't be in the Hall of Fame either.

There are PLENTY of cheaters and liers in the HOF, the ones who get caught are the ones not getting in. Shoeless Joe can't even get in after he is dead, Rose will never get in in our lifetime...its not really a debate.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose will be in the HOF.....you can ban some one for life from anything.....he belongs..,