• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As a player, should Pete Rose still be in the Hall of Fame?

Should Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame as a player?

• I don't think Pete Rose had a Hall of Fame career to begin with.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Rose

how chicken shit is that they won't let this guy in the Hall of Fame?

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame

What he did as a player was remarkable and he should be noticed by all. Nothing but a bunch of pencil neck geeks who never played baseball past Little League are keeping him out.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he did as a player was remarkable and he should be noticed by all. Nothing but a bunch of pencil neck geeks who never played baseball past Little League are keeping him out.

thispost.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He committed the #1 cardinal sin in all of sports.

He is currently serving a penalty by baseball that bans him from all venues. That includes the HOF.

The SECOND his punishment is over, I will agree that he belongs in the HOF. That means the day he dies, he has my vote.

Shoeless Joe should be in. He completed his punishment.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He committed the #1 cardinal sin in all of sports.

He is currently serving a penalty by baseball that bans him from all venues. That includes the HOF.

The SECOND his punishment is over, I will agree that he belongs in the HOF. That means the day he dies, he has my vote.

Shoeless Joe should be in. He completed his punishment.

Shoeless Joe should be in. However, he was lumped in with a team that lost on purpose to receive money. Pete Rose would never and has never lost a game for money. This is the same guy that knocked a catcher over in an All Star Game. They didn't call him Charlie loser. Pete Rose is Baseball !!!!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Rose should never be in the Hall of Fame. He committed the one thing everyone involved in baseball knows you can't do & he did it repeatedly. It wasn't just once. He was doing it every single day of the baseball season. I don't care about his stats as a player. He cheated the game period.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Rose should never be in the Hall of Fame. He committed the one thing everyone involved in baseball knows you can't do & he did it repeatedly. It wasn't just once. He was doing it every single day of the baseball season. I don't care about his stats as a player. He cheated the game period.

Isnt gambling considered an addiction and an illness just like drug addiction? I see a coke addict costing games by playing while high, but i see coke heads get suspended, reinstated, suspended, reinstated, etc...

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoeless Joe should be in. However, he was lumped in with a team that lost on purpose to receive money. Pete Rose would never and has never lost a game for money. This is the same guy that knocked a catcher over in an All Star Game. They didn't call him Charlie loser. Pete Rose is Baseball !!!!

That's not a plus.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt gambling considered an addiction and an illness just like drug addiction? I see a coke addict costing games by playing while high, but i see coke heads get suspended, reinstated, suspended, reinstated, etc...

Mark McGwire, Rafael Palmeiro, Roger Clemens & the rest of the cheaters won't be in the Hall of Fame either.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark McGwire, Rafael Palmeiro, Roger Clemens & the rest of the cheaters won't be in the Hall of Fame either.

and yet none were threatened with a lifetime ban from baseball.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet none were threatened with a lifetime ban from baseball.

Gambling on the game you play or coach in is the absolute worst thing a professional athelete can do. Rose doesn't deserve to be honored in the Hall of Fame for what he did. He should have been banned for life.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He broke the cardinal fucking rule of baseball....he should never be in.

He may have been a great player, but he is also a self serving jerkoff, who will do anything to make a buck.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

He may have been a great player, but he is also a self serving jerkoff, who will do anything to make a buck.

The "cardinal rule" is throwing a game you bet on. If you think Pete Rose would ever do that you are nuts. Just because you think he is a self serving jerkoff doesn't mean he should be banned from the Hall of Fame.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so its cool to cheat and dope up to influence the outcome of games, but putting some money on your team because you have an addiction and need help deserves all ties cut.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rose definitely deserves to be in the hall based on his baseball merit. The problem is the misconception that outside forces have kept him out. That's only partially true (the HOF officials have the power to lift the ban if they deem fit, I believe). But Pete gambled and excepted a lifetime ban so it is what it is. I don't have the same problems with gambling as some do but it is the one thing above all else in baseball that is taboo since the 19 Black Sox scandal and everybody knows it. Pete made his bed and he'll have to lie in it until the veterans committee votes him in after he's dead. It may not be right on the surface but if Pete would have at least come clean from the start and been truly remorseful, the ban probably would have been lifted after about 10 years but he was arrogant and snubbed his nose at everyone and denied any wrong-doing so he brought this on himself and only now when he is getting old and realizes what he lost is he actually admitting to some of the stuff he really did.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see MLB players play with the intensity that Rose played. We all know he gambled. He even admitted it. As a manager, I would not allow him in the Hall of Fame, but as a player alone, he deserves it.

What do you think?