• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Armstrong: We'll be going 11-1 to see MSU again

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beck needs to be creative. now there is a tape on how to shut down the offense completely. stop AA get neb behind the chains and field position.

I'm not putting much blame on tommy but I will say this you should see that he was rattled and adjustments were needed

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Huskers will be 11-1. I am confident that they will be in the CCG. AND, if they play MSU again the Big Red will win by double digits.

I know the game looked bad for most of the night Saturday. I wasn't able to see the last quarter due to circumstances beyond my control. HOWEVER, I believe the late rally had as much, or more, to do with Nebraska suddenly coming alive as it did MSU letting up.

I saw enough good things to believe that we'll be just fine.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should rewatch the 4Q, MSU definitely let up. their man coverage wasn't as tight, there front 4 didn't seem to be getting as much pressure on TA. Heck, they were literally millimeters away from having a pick 6 that luckily fell right into Westerkamp's hands for a huge gain for us. We scored on that drive anyway, but I think he might have scored if he would have let Allen get out in front of him and block the one guy he had to beat.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and it took me forever to find that pic, i don't know why I thought that was against OSU, but I think i was just remembering Urban Meyer being a commentator on the game in 2010 before he took the HC job at OSU.

Against OSU we set up with Burkhead taking the snap and he pitched it to Abdullah and then he became his lead blocker.

It was a goaline play we used it on. Worked well too.

I'm betting Imani's hands aren't to be trusted doing anything like that though.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see its a given that msu, or NU for that matter, makes the ccg just yet, osu may give them a run. I understand its available still for either team but they might want to focus on just the next game at this point

This hits closest to my thinking. I don't think there's single given left on the schedule, and yes, that includes Purdue. This team is inconsistent enough that none of these is a given.

Better perk the fuck up because the opponent two weeks from now just won two games no one thought they would.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's face it beck isn't a good play caller and doesn't come to battle with extra clips. what you see is what you get. they were gonna stack the box duh, so next plan is to get screens Tight end streaks and swing passes n fake some jet sweeps or actually use some.

beck could have simply used the miami game plan and we might have been more competitive in the early qtr. msu defense plan is simply blitze blitz add pressure and get you out of rhythm. no mystery what so ever.

beck needs to step up. neb defense wasn't that bad neb was never out the game it just felt that way because the offense looked horrible.

the OL and passing game needs to be address asap or same result will happen if we face msu.

It's no accident that Nebraska drove to a TD when Fyfe was in there.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What gives you that idea, his 1 completion?

The ball he threw 4 ft over the rvcr's hands in the end zone comes to mind. If Beck would have let him do that 5 more times, he might have gotten one down. :noidea:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

No offense to Fyfe and all, but he looked exactly like I had imagined he would look like. He was not comfortable in there, and his throws showed it. Somehow he lucked his way down the field behind penalties and eventually Ameer pushed the OLine into the endzone.

I was more than happy to see Tommy bounce back.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our passing game issue has to be address running AA into 8 man walls isn't gonna work so beck needs to start thinking outside the box. .. if fyfe is the answer so be it but the problem starts at the line. if the line doesn't step up it won't matter who is the qb. neb needs to get serious in this bye week Nwestern ready.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wonder how Ganz would do as a OC here.

Beck was able to see that the oline was not able to controle the LOS so he went to swing and screen passes the problem came from TA not being settled down enough to make simple easy passes. Now my boy ZO Moore didn't help anything with his piss poor effort at times.

I do feel that TA was leading Ameer and Moore just enough for them to catch the ball in stride at times and the received didn't give full effort. Other times it was TA not being settled down and throwing the ball low or to far in front. Classic not on the same page scenario
-------
Ganz I think would do well, but he's more from the Shawn Watson school of offense. And Bo still thinks he's from the TO type of offense. In Bo's case it just hasn't worked. TA under those circustances cannot be settled down.....running game fell apart and no Plan B. Don't think TA can handle having to rely on his arm to make our offense go. He wasn't recruited for that.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never thought Bo was following TO's type of offense. If he were, I'd think we would see way more power. Bo, to me has always wanted more spread with a mobile QB, as that's the type of offense that gives Bo's defenses the most trouble.

our main problem is that our passing game just isn't good. when I watch oregon, I see way more quick hitting passes, our pass plays always seem to take too long to develop.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never thought Bo was following TO's type of offense. If he were, I'd think we would see way more power. Bo, to me has always wanted more spread with a mobile QB, as that's the type of offense that gives Bo's defenses the most trouble.

our main problem is that our passing game just isn't good. when I watch oregon, I see way more quick hitting passes, our pass plays always seem to take too long to develop.
-------
I'm not suggesting Bo is trying to "copy" TOs offense--that's a thing of the past. But Bo is attempting to run an option type offense. Why do you think his focus is on running QBs? HE truly doesn't recruit a QB with passing cred.

Whether you liked the guy or not, Watson wen he was Louisville's OC had a game plan that literally wore the LSU defense in their bowl game by using running plays and passing plays in a fairly equal manner. And they (Louisville) also had a legit passer.

We don't have an OL that does pass blocking OR run blocking very well. We only have a scrambling QB for a passer. I have nothing against a QB being mobile. Whether it's the short/midrange or long pass, scramblers diminish their ability for completions when moving around so much.

I'm not going to predict here how many more games we lose, or who we lose to. But with teams that can substantially slow down our running game, we are bound to be on the losing end.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

honestly with the rbs we have I rather see a passing qb that can hit wr and rbs with good clean crisp passes.i love dual threat qbs or scrambling qbs but let's be honest a couple clean passes Nebraska wins this game. tmart could fly but wasn't a qb tommy is great kid and scrambler but his passing isn't gonna win games of he have to rely on it.

face it were gonna have to use plan B c n d because teams are gonna load the box. so we gotta take advantage of the 1 on 1 wr match up

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
honestly with the rbs we have I rather see a passing qb that can hit wr and rbs with good clean crisp passes.i love dual threat qbs or scrambling qbs but let's be honest a couple clean passes Nebraska wins this game. tmart could fly but wasn't a qb tommy is great kid and scrambler but his passing isn't gonna win games of he have to rely on it.

face it were gonna have to use plan B c n d because teams are gonna load the box. so we gotta take advantage of the 1 on 1 wr match up

I was beginning to think TA was a better passer than Tito was, but now I'm not too sure about that.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was beginning to think TA was a better passer than Tito was, but now I'm not too sure about that.

His decision making is just about as suspect too.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tito was good at hitting the 5-10 yd pass. it's a pass I'm not even seeing from Beck with TA at the helm. that's what doesn't make sense to me. those were the passes we needed against MSU, something to get those LBs to respect the pass instead of coming downhill on everything.

also, Ameer throwing, maybe he's not that good at it, but it doesn't have to be good if you can sneak a TE behind the LBs on a read option play.

I'm still furious with Beck in this MSU game. No innovation whatsoever. No Diamond formation, only one Ameercat, never handed it to the jetsweep guy (what's the point of the motion if you never give it to the guy?), no backup gameplan for MSU stuffing the run and TA not hitting the deep ball.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy is gonna be just fine. Cripes sakes guys.

It was his first real daunting test as a starting QB. I remember Tommie Frazier sucking badly as a Sophomore in a couple big games (FSU in '92 ring a bell?). Or how about Scott Frost on the road @ Arizona State in '96.......that was a real stinker. Eric Crouch had even more struggles in his younger years than did Frazier or Frost, and he ended up winning the Heisman.

All 3 of those guys ended up leading teams to a National Championship appearance at some point.

Give it some time. Tommy Armstrong is a real gamer. This was his first real test. He's young.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy is gonna be just fine. Cripes sakes guys.

It was his first real daunting test as a starting QB. I remember Tommie Frazier sucking badly as a Sophomore in a couple big games (FSU in '92 ring a bell?). Or how about Scott Frost on the road @ Arizona State in '96.......that was a real stinker. Eric Crouch had even more struggles in his younger years than did Frazier or Frost, and he ended up winning the Heisman.

All 3 of those guys ended up leading teams to a National Championship appearance at some point.

Give it some time. Tommy Armstrong is a real gamer. This was his first real test. He's young.

But WE HAVE TO OVERREACT OMG!