• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Armstrong: We'll be going 11-1 to see MSU again

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fyfe is the white guy who came in and went 1 for 2 against MSU before thankfully going back to the bench....

Just so we're on the same page here.

He ran like 5 plays and 2 of them were 15 yard personal fouls that moved us inside the 2 yard line so we could just hand it to Ameer. 98% of our production on that drive was penalties. What in the hell did Fyfe do besides snap the ball?

There was also a miscommunication where Ameer and Fyfe collided in the backfield. There was a fumble but luckily Nebraska recovered.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get all the great throwing QB's you want.

Nebraska still needs a staff that can get guys developed, lined up properly, and teach them to play with sound fundamentals and discipline.

Let's be honest this isn't gonna happen.....

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what he was I'm using as an example as another qb that passed on us he would actually fit what the staff wants

As opposed to Armstrong, who is also a dual threat quarterback? I guess I don't understand what you are using him as an example of.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to Armstrong, who is also a dual threat quarterback? I guess I don't understand what you are using him as an example of.

you used Stanton as top qb we recruited. I said where is now and knowing how our staff is he probably won't play much till late in his career. I said recruits probably didn't see a chance of getting a fair shot with Taylor playing.

I said look at how many have said no thanks....fuller had hype and he turned us down to play wr... I was using him as an example of a top qb that said no.

but like RA said doesn't matter if the staff doesn't step up and prepared the players for big games.win a couple of those big games recruits will flood in

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you used Stanton as top qb we recruited. I said where is now and knowing how our staff is he probably won't play much till late in his career. I said recruits probably didn't see a chance of getting a fair shot with Taylor playing.

I said look at how many have said no thanks....fuller had hype and he turned us down to play wr... I was using him as an example of a top qb that said no.

but like RA said doesn't matter if the staff doesn't step up and prepared the players for big games.win a couple of those big games recruits will flood in

My original point (directed at Exorbitant) was that there aren't very many good pure passers coming into college, and that it is more realistic for us to recruit a dual threat QB.

Stanton isn't playing right now because we have a better QB. Pretty simple. What QB that we had when Martinez was here should have started over him? Cody Green?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone who is seriously concerned about Tommy at this point ALREADY in his career is an average dumbass hick who thinks because 1995 happened Nebraska should just always be awesome.

And if you cannot see that Tommy possesses all the tools needed, you just plain don't know anything about football.

This is not Taylor Martinez. This is a Quarterback we have.

TA is more of an option operative who can't be relied upon to consistently pass well, and can't be relied upon to make good decisions. Hopefully before he graduates, his decision making will get better, but I doubt if his passing will. To be honest with you, I believe if Nebraska had a really good QB coach who could develop a QB's talent, TA would become a QB who we could trust. Nebraska is the type of upper tier program that SHOULD have a god QB coach, in fact there's no excuse whatsoever for them to not have one.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What has shown you that Fyfe has a "higher ceiling" than TA? There is literally nothing to suggest that. And I'm really curious where you guys are expecting us to go to get passing QBs. There aren't very many of them that are good enough to be effective.

Do you know what Nebraska really needs? A really good QB coach that can develop a QB into a really good one. TA does have a lot of upside in my opinion, and since Bo WILL NEVER replace him with another QB no matter how badly he's performing, we better hope TA can get better without much coaching from someone who can coach.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TA is more of an option operative who can't be relied upon to consistently pass well, and can't be relied upon to make good decisions. Hopefully before he graduates, his decision making will get better, but I doubt if his passing will. To be honest with you, I believe if Nebraska had a really good QB coach who could develop a QB's talent, TA would become a QB who we could trust. Nebraska is the type of upper tier program that SHOULD have a god QB coach, in fact there's no excuse whatsoever for them to not have one.

Not a god QB coach, but a "good" one! lol

I just posted this a few minutes ago, but couldn't edit it. Nice decision to only allow a poster a paltry few minutes to edit a post!!!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God whey > good whoever coach Ex