• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Armstrong: We'll be going 11-1 to see MSU again

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy has way more upside than Taylor ever did.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to sound like I'm rambling, but I know for a fact our best passers are on the bench. Darlington and Stanton... It kinda baffles me that neither could make a push when all that stands between them and the field is a scrub from Grand Island. I blame the coaches.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor's footwork was beyond awful and it was something that was never going to improve past what it was because he just plain and simply wasn't a natural at QB.

Tommy has natural footwork. When he drops back and steps up in the pocket, he doesn't have to shuffle his feet around Flintstone style in order to get loaded up to make the throw.

Taylor was always stumbling around trying to get his feet right. It's the reason he threw off his back foot so often. Tommy is so head and shoulders above him in this department.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to sound like I'm rambling, but I know for a fact our best passers are on the bench. Darlington and Stanton... It kinda baffles me that neither could make a push when all that stands between them and the field is a scrub from Grand Island. I blame the coaches.

Darlington has only been here since spring ball and just recently got cleared to play from the concussions. Stanton ran the scout team last year, so he only has slightly more experience in the offense than Darlington.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for Stanton, he's going to be watching every game from the bench for the next 2 seasons.

What a gamer that guy is though.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I see Tommy I always think of Russell Wilson.

If you watched him at NC State you know exactly what I'm talking about. Great footwork, pocket awareness, long ball.......but he struggled terribly in the intermediate passing game. It wasn't until his Senior season that it finally clicked mentally, and he's had it ever since.

I mean he threw interceptions out like free candy at NC State.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
images

Theres night and day difference between TA & TM.. Not even comparable......

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
images

Theres night and day difference between TA & TM.. Not even comparable......

Tito was almost on his back when he threw passes! Hilarious! Despite this, he still had a better completion percentage than TA does. I sure hope TA improves because the guys behind him won't get the chance to play in meaningful snaps unless he gets injured.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How many really good option operatives did Osborne have? Two of them, Gill and Frazier. Since really good ones don't come around at Nebraska very often, maybe they should be going after ones that pass better, or at least have better passing mechanics to begin with, so they'll have some upside throughout their careers.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The ball he threw 4 ft over the rvcr's hands in the end zone comes to mind. If Beck would have let him do that 5 more times, he might have gotten one down. :noidea:

TA has gotten many many many many many chances to pass, but still throws a TON of passes over receivers heads.

Fyfe has gotten close to zero chances to throw passes in meaningful snaps, so I'm pretty sure he needed to get the butterflies out of his system. In my opinion, he has more upside with passing than TA does. Fyfe did show good command of the offense considering he was thrown in against the wolves after Bo got Nebraska in a DEEP hole with his terrible gameplan, game prep, and decision making for a BIG game.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What gives you that idea, his 1 completion?

No, his command of the offense after Bo threw him to the wolves after his terrible gameplan, game prep, and bad decision making got Nebraska in a DEEP hole.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask me the offense is too complicated. But that is the way bo wants it. He has problems defending complicated offenses (mostly because his gameplan is to stop EVERYTHING on EVERY PLAY) so that is the offense he wants. Sterrup looked horrible last week, but I'm pretty sure some of that was he had no Idea who to block.

I played O-line in the " on/over/play-side gap" era of blocking. The shit these guys have to learn today would keep me up at nights.

preach! !

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tito was almost on his back when he threw passes! Hilarious! Despite this, he still had a better completion percentage than TA does. I sure hope TA improves because the guys behind him won't get the chance to play in meaningful snaps unless he gets injured.

How many really good option operatives did Osborne have? Two of them, Gill and Frazier. Since really good ones don't come around at Nebraska very often, maybe they should be going after ones that pass better, or at least have better passing mechanics to begin with, so they'll have some upside throughout their careers.

TA has gotten many many many many many chances to pass, but still throws a TON of passes over receivers heads.

Fyfe has gotten close to zero chances to throw passes in meaningful snaps, so I'm pretty sure he needed to get the butterflies out of his system. In my opinion, he has more upside with passing than TA does. Fyfe did show good command of the offense considering he was thrown in against the wolves after Bo got Nebraska in a DEEP hole with his terrible gameplan, game prep, and decision making for a BIG game.

No, his command of the offense after Bo threw him to the wolves after his terrible gameplan, game prep, and bad decision making got Nebraska in a DEEP hole.

What has shown you that Fyfe has a "higher ceiling" than TA? There is literally nothing to suggest that. And I'm really curious where you guys are expecting us to go to get passing QBs. There aren't very many of them that are good enough to be effective.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has shown you that Fyfe has a "higher ceiling" than TA? There is literally nothing to suggest that. And I'm really curious where you guys are expecting us to go to get passing QBs. There aren't very many of them that are good enough to be effective.

we can get a good passing qb it's called recruiting....it's called getting a real offensive Game plan and play book. but recruit aren't stupid they see how we are in big games and when we had chances Taylor was qb and everyone knew that tmart was gonna start till he graduated. give them a chance for open competition they will come

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can get a good passing qb it's called recruiting....it's called getting a real offensive Game plan and play book. but recruit aren't stupid they see how we are in big games and when we had chances Taylor was qb and everyone knew that tmart was gonna start till he graduated. give them a chance for open competition they will come

How many GOOD pro-style, passing QBs are there?

And this is just dumb. We managed to recruit Stanton, ya know, the guy that finished high in the Elite 11?

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many GOOD pro-style, passing QBs are there?

And this is just dumb. We managed to recruit Stanton, ya know, the guy that finished high in the Elite 11?

Stanton is where qb lineup wise.... how many of those other qbs said thanks but no thanks. fuller barely playing much wr at ucla!! competition never hurts

and there are plenty of good qb out there not buying that sir

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanton is where qb lineup wise.... how many of those other qbs said thanks but no thanks. fuller barely playing much wr at ucla!! competition never hurts

and there are plenty of good qb out there not buying that sir

Fuller was a dual threat QB...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get all the great throwing QB's you want.

Nebraska still needs a staff that can get guys developed, lined up properly, and teach them to play with sound fundamentals and discipline.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fyfe is the white guy who came in and went 1 for 2 against MSU before thankfully going back to the bench....

Just so we're on the same page here.

He ran like 5 plays and 2 of them were 15 yard personal fouls that moved us inside the 2 yard line so we could just hand it to Ameer. 98% of our production on that drive was penalties. What in the hell did Fyfe do besides snap the ball?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fyfe gathering the troops on the sideline before "The Drive"....

"Alright guys, just stick with me and I'll lead us to the promised land. The way I see it, we're just 2 huge penalties away from scoring here. Just stay patient and the luck should come. READY, BREAK!"