• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Armstrong: We'll be going 11-1 to see MSU again

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I forgot to ask. Is it at Memorial stadium Champaign or Memorial stadium Lincoln?

:lol:

Gotta go with Lincoln again. I don't think they're ready to play against another road game.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see its a given that msu, or NU for that matter, makes the ccg just yet, osu may give them a run. I understand its available still for either team but they might want to focus on just the next game at this point

OSU has a much better coaching staff than Nebraska does, so I can see OSU making it to the title game.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just wish players wouldn't talk at all.

I don't really have a problem with the players saying they're planning on going 11-1 though. At least it tells me they are motivated.

The smartest thing to say if they're going to talk is, we have a goal to win the rest of our games and go to the title game, but we have some really tough teams to play and beat the rest of the way.

They better not discount discount Rutgers either.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry, I was misinterpreting; my bad:L

Wasn't it just 2 short years ago, that the huskers played better on the road than they did in their stadium?

I'm not putting all the blame on the linemen, shit man; they had 9 guy's comin' at 5 to start the game. Their linebackers were cheating up constantly. We didn't have any play's in the book to back them off. Electing to start the game by playing into the wind was a big time mistake, made by who? IDK... but I know who get's blamed for it.

Exactly. The offensive line wasn't getting any help from Beck or Pelini with play calling. Sometimes adjustments need to be made, and in this case, instead of having a ridiculous amount of confidence that the running game will work when it didn't work very well against that toughie McNeese State, they should have been ready to throw to the tight ends or something. Or, God forbid, try a QB by the name of Fyfe, the fella who drove Nebraska to their first TD!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real here.

22-27 looks a lot better than the 3-27 that it was going into the 4th quarter before Michigan St let off the gas.

It's like Nebraska's O-Line taking the 2nd half off against Illinois last week.

Big talk the next day about what coulda' been, but if they get an opportunity to play them again, the getting shoved around up front won't change.

Does anybody really believe Illinois would beat Nebraska in a rematch?

Awful comparison

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awful comparison

Overall yes it is a bad comparison.

However, I think the O-line would get dominated by Michigan St's front 7 again, and that's where Nebraska got beat. That is my point.

If there's a rematch, I don't think Michigan St would get lax in the 4th Q like they did on Saturday.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall yes it is a bad comparison.

However, I think the O-line would get dominated by Michigan St's front 7 again, and that's where Nebraska got beat. That is my point.

If there's a rematch, I don't think Michigan St would get lax in the 4th Q like they did on Saturday.

UNPOSSIBLE!

Last edited by a moderator:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
completely agree that it lands on Beck and Bo for not having a plan B, C, and D on offense. What's that saying: Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Beck should have noticed the stacked box immediately and went to plan B. as stated above and I posted elsewhere, we were constantly trying to block 8 guys with 5. Tommy was doing a horrible job with his reads. needed way more playaction off the read option, with TEs or WRs right behind the LBs. I really wanted Beck to come out with a passing mentality on that first drive, if Tommy hits a pass on the very 1st down of the game, that might have slowed down the LBs, even if it was just a simple WR screen or whatever.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, I'm thinking about it right now, I can't remember a single playaction pass off the read option. we did playaction, but I don't remember it being off the read option.

also, what ever happened to that play, where we just line it up, pitch to Ameer and say "try and stop it". I know our running wasn't working Sat night, but sometimes that play tells the O-line, "man the f-up and push people out of the damn way."

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
completely agree that it lands on Beck and Bo for not having a plan B, C, and D on offense. What's that saying: Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Beck should have noticed the stacked box immediately and went to plan B. as stated above and I posted elsewhere, we were constantly trying to block 8 guys with 5. Tommy was doing a horrible job with his reads. needed way more playaction off the read option, with TEs or WRs right behind the LBs. I really wanted Beck to come out with a passing mentality on that first drive, if Tommy hits a pass on the very 1st down of the game, that might have slowed down the LBs, even if it was just a simple WR screen or whatever.

Totally agree! My uncle and I were talking about that after our very first drive. With MSU being so aggressive with their LB's we had to start hitting quick strikes to the TE over the middle just beyond their attacking D....How the hell can we all immediately see we have to find a way to back them the fuck off from such an aggressive blitzing defense but D-1 coaches can't figure that out after watching hours and hours of game footage. It's like they don't even pay attention to what the other team is doing out there. :gaah:

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish players would do there talking on the feild

AMEN

no tebow guarantee just show us on the field...

because msu doesn't care when they see us they showed us on the field.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's face it beck isn't a good play caller and doesn't come to battle with extra clips. what you see is what you get. they were gonna stack the box duh, so next plan is to get screens Tight end streaks and swing passes n fake some jet sweeps or actually use some.

beck could have simply used the miami game plan and we might have been more competitive in the early qtr. msu defense plan is simply blitze blitz add pressure and get you out of rhythm. no mystery what so ever.

beck needs to step up. neb defense wasn't that bad neb was never out the game it just felt that way because the offense looked horrible.

the OL and passing game needs to be address asap or same result will happen if we face msu.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wonder how Ganz would do as a OC here.

Beck was able to see that the oline was not able to controle the LOS so he went to swing and screen passes the problem came from TA not being settled down enough to make simple easy passes. Now my boy ZO Moore didn't help anything with his piss poor effort at times.

I do feel that TA was leading Ameer and Moore just enough for them to catch the ball in stride at times and the received didn't give full effort. Other times it was TA not being settled down and throwing the ball low or to far in front. Classic not on the same page scenario

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My memory is a little foggy of the game with specifics. But the images I can't get out of my head are Cotton falling backwards on that false start. The fumble by Fyfe during the exchange at the goal line for the 2 point conversion and then another one on the exchange between Pelini and Armstrong Jr? I might be wrong because I got pretty drunk after the game and wasn't able to record it.

Just elementary basic stuff that you would expect from a high school team. Not a contender in the B1G West Division.

Those are what stick out to me

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, Pelini was horrible. He snapped it multiple times when Tommy wasn't even ready. we didn't even get to run a 4th down play in the 3rd quarter because of Pelini snapping the ball early to Tommy and Tommy just had to fall on it. They went to the silent "put your hand" down after that I think, but even that wasn't working as that's what Fyfe did for that 2 point conversion and Pelini was like 5 seconds late delivering it.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, i wish it wasn't too late to get Frost in here as OC.

I just don't understand how Beck can be so wonderful and inventive at times (see picture below).
Triple-Option-400x174.jpg

and other times he can't come up with anything. The complete lack of the Diamond Formation or any sort of middle of the field passing game was a huge mistake against MSU.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and it took me forever to find that pic, i don't know why I thought that was against OSU, but I think i was just remembering Urban Meyer being a commentator on the game in 2010 before he took the HC job at OSU.