• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are all vetoes anonymous?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any way that vetoes can ever be seen by the commissioner or anyone else in a league?

On ESPN in a 12 team league.

I need to veto this dude, but the situation isn't great. I work with him and must socialize with this fool on a daily basis......for years to come. I don't want him to know I'm vetoing.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad. Uf you want to veto you shouldn't hide it. In fact you should state your claim as to why. If it's bad enough to veto, there shouldn't be a problem. Get it out in the open. You didn't sleep with his wife, you're vetoing a fantasy football trade.

As to your question, I don't know about anonymity...I think veto leagues are terrible.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are vetoes are public........i dont care its all friends......we have a two day period to prevent shit trades......we have never had a successful veto in 5 years.......closest we got was a trade of mine two years ago where i traded for charles.........dude texted every person in the league complaining and lobbying for a veto, the trade was fair, made both teams better........but i played him in week 1 of the playoffs.......wonder why he was upset.....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any way that vetoes can ever be seen by the commissioner or anyone else in a league?

On ESPN in a 12 team league.

I need to veto this dude, but the situation isn't great. I work with him and must socialize with this fool on a daily basis......for years to come. I don't want him to know I'm vetoing.

Look if pissing this fool off can mess up your daily life, just don't veto the trade. If you do veto it...own it. It's just FF.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look if pissing this fool off can mess up your daily life, just don't veto the trade. If you do veto it...own it. It's just FF.

:10:

If there's a good reason (collusion being the only "good" reason) then own it and if he can't handle it. . Find someone else to socialize with, dude obviously has issues if vetoing a fantasy football trade turns him into a dick.

On the other hand, if it's some other ridiculous reason, maybe you shouldn't veto it if you can't own the reasoning.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:

If there's a good reason (collusion being the only "good" reason) then own it and if he can't handle it. . Find someone else to socialize with, dude obviously has issues if vetoing a fantasy football trade turns him into a dick.

On the other hand, if it's some other ridiculous reason, maybe you shouldn't veto it if you can't own the reasoning.

If he's going to be a dick over ff I wouldn't want to socialize with him in the first place. :suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I feel the need to veto, Im itchin for a chance to tell the guy why.

What's the trade JJM?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I feel the need to veto, Im itchin for a chance to tell the guy why.

What's the trade JJM?

I don't want to post the exact trade here for fear that this co-worker posts here and might see it.

This is how bad it's gotten. This man is my superior at work and my job relies on how much he likes me basically. So I don't want to get him thinking I'm some kind of an asshole.

At the same time, we've all paid money into this league and this guy thinks he's making a fair trade......legit thinks he's making a fair trade. He's getting 2 of the top players in the league and giving away 2 bench players and another top player for them.

That team he's getting those 2 top players from is 0-11 and won't be in the playoffs.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to post the exact trade here for fear that this co-worker posts here and might see it.

This is how bad it's gotten. This man is my superior at work and my job relies on how much he likes me basically. So I don't want to get him thinking I'm some kind of an asshole.

At the same time, we've all paid money into this league and this guy thinks he's making a fair trade......legit thinks he's making a fair trade. He's getting 2 of the top players in the league and giving away 2 bench players and another top player for them.

That team he's getting those 2 top players from is 0-11 and won't be in the playoffs.

that makes no sense... If your superior was on this board he would already know that you want to veto his deal... sharing the trade wont hurt you any more than what you have done already...

and if you are that afraid of this man then don't risk it over a GAME...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my job relies on how much he likes me basically

Hopefully it cuts both ways. This relationship is bigger than your league, but I'd see the league as an opportunity to help it out.

If he's in a league with guys under him, he's probably either a FF junkie or the league is meant as a way for people to get a little closer. Don't veto the trade, but mention it. "How the hell did you get Charles for Joique Bell and Kendall Wright?" If your boss is giving you ways to talk to him, take them. Just don't get too serious about the league results.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yikes.

Im no good for advice on this one. What'd Id do would not be very productive.

The 0-11 team is a guy that works under him too, right?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're fearing your co-worker posts here, then why even make this thread?

I think we need the details of the trade to determine just how bad you claim it was. If it really was that bad, then your boss should be ashamed of his cheatin' ways, if he indeed had a hand in talking the other owner into doing it. Jmo though.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not a keeper league 0-11 shouldn't be trading anyway.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me the commissioner should be able to see who vetoes, but I'm just taking a shot here...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there isn't a single EXPERIENCED fantasy football owner anywhere that doesn't know it when they are fleecing someone in a deal.

Don't get me wrong, I love taking advantage of owners that get the injury bug and/or a couple tough losses early in the year, but 0-11 guy is just as big of a dick as the bossman in this scenario.
Sounds like the biggest ass kisser in the world if he would just ditch his FF team over to the boss to get in his good graces.

I agree with the last few posts - don't veto or make a big deal of it, but definitely find a way to work it into a convo at a happy hour or something. Might as well give the boss some good natured ribbing if he's going to take advantage of his subordinates in a FF league.

Also, I'm assuming the stakes for this money league weren't too high, or else your boss is a dick.
And just in case your boss is on here, this is for him from me: You're a dick for taking advantage of your workers in a FF league. Beat them fairly, it is much more gratifying.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J_J_M, to answer your question, 90% sure that vetoes are anonymous. Even to the Commish.

As for everyone's comments... ditto.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J_J_M, to answer your question, 90% sure that vetoes are anonymous. Even to the Commish.

As for everyone's comments... ditto.

Thanks for answering my question.

I didn't end up vetoing, but me and another guy brought it up to him.......very reluctantly :L

He threw a fit, just as we figured.

He now has the best team in the league and that's all she wrote.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He now has the best team in the league and that's all she wrote.

Just think how sweet it is when his "stacked team" gets beat in the playoffs by either you or someone else? Sometimes all the star players don't perform.