• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

any updates on injuries???

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG - Mark Tuenei/ Nate Newton (Tie, hard choice)

Tuenei was a converted Dlineman to o tackle. nate was good and a household name due to Madden

best right guard....Herb Scott or John Niland....both were great at pulling
I thought Blaine Nye was better than Big Nate
I had a real hard time leaving out Herb Scott and Ralph Neely.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even Dorsett and Bob Hayse are laughing at the Emmitt and Michael snubs
A bit surprised you expected me to leave out the guy who revolutionized the WR position by destroying man to man coverage. As far as Dorsett, he was a much better receiving and screen RB, was much faster and more athletic. I still believe to this day Dorsett would have beaten Walter Peyton's all time rushing yards Had Landry not held Dorsett to around 16 - 18 carries a game.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit surprised you expected me to leave out the guy who revolutionized the WR position by destroying man to man coverage. As far as Dorsett, he was a much better receiving and screen RB, was much faster and more athletic. I still believe to this day Dorsett would have beaten Walter Peyton's all time rushing yards Had Landry not held Dorsett to around 16 - 18 carries a game.

wow....this team was only good at screens when Landry coached. Then, they were the best in football. Preston Pearson rebuilt his career playing 3rd down for Dorsett and Tony played as long as he did because of the way Tom limited his touches....that and he couldn't block me.

Dorsett was at full speed in three steps,,,,haven't seen many better at that but he couldn't hold Emmitt's jock strap as a complete NFL runningbacks go. Real RB's do it all and Emmitt did that.

Hayse could run and Landry made football invent the zone because of Robert's speed. Back then, the dropped TD's by Hayse would finished second for TD receptions for the given season

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Novacek, 3 time super bowl champion. Jason Witten, absolutely nothing.

Same argument you use to exclude Emmitt I will use to support Witten. Novacek played with the greatest line in NFL History. Hell he played on ONE of the GREATEST teams in NFL History. I will also argue Witten draws more attention from the defense than our running game has his whole career. I can guarantee Novacek did not draw more attention than Emmitt. Sorry if you want to down grade one player because of who he had playing with him, you cannot disregard it for another on that same team. Teams game plan to try and take Witten out of the game, with Novecek they game planned for Emmitt, Michael and Troy. Novecek was not the defenses priority.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow....this team was only good at screens when Landry coached. Then, they were the best in football. Preston Pearson rebuilt his career playing 3rd down for Dorsett and Tony played as long as he did because of the way Tom limited his touches....that and he couldn't block me.

Dorsett was at full speed in three steps,,,,haven't seen many better at that but he couldn't hold Emmitt's jock strap as a complete NFL runningbacks go. Real RB's do it all and Emmitt did that.

Hayse could run and Landry made football invent the zone because of Robert's speed. Back then, the dropped TD's by Hayse would finished second for TD receptions for the given season
I got to admit, at least you are but anything else, consistent. Always trying to bust someone's ball's, (whether or not a troll), If they don't dot every eye, cross every T or agree with your way of thinking. As great as the 90's team was they were not a good screen team. Jimmy admitted it and so did many announcers and experts including Madden if you paid attention. Preston rejuvenated his career 2 years before Dorsett was drafted in 1977. Landry did not have much choice back then so he brought back the shotgun formation that featured Preston Pearson. After Calvin Hill's knee injury vs. Rams in 1974 playoff game, (which in my opinion cost us the NFC Championship game against the Vikings the following week) was never the same and later traded to the redskins. Pretty much all we had was a fullback named Robert Newhouse so Landry got creative to try and stay competitive. Despite losing the likes of Lilly, Andrie, Howley, Hayes, Green, Manders, Alworth, etc., Landry had already drafted Harvey Martin in 1973, got Ed "Too Tall" Jones as their 1st round draft choice in 1974, He acquired Preston Pearson from the Steelers I believe and reloaded with the dirty dozen and we were the first wild card team to make a super bowl appearance. The final piece of the puzzle was getting Dorsett in 1977 and we went to 2 straight super bowls. Buy the way, the game was a much more run oriented league back then. Many of the formations back then used 1 and fairly often, 2 full backs. Dorsett wasn't drafted and paid to block.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same argument you use to exclude Emmitt I will use to support Witten. Novacek played with the greatest line in NFL History. Hell he played on ONE of the GREATEST teams in NFL History. I will also argue Witten draws more attention from the defense than our running game has his whole career. I can guarantee Novacek did not draw more attention than Emmitt. Sorry if you want to down grade one player because of who he had playing with him, you cannot disregard it for another on that same team. Teams game plan to try and take Witten out of the game, with Novecek they game planned for Emmitt, Michael and Troy. Novecek was not the defenses priority.
Not disregarding any Cowboy. Witten is in a more pass oriented league and offense, and I agree with you, Emmitt was the main guy that defensed game planned for. But Witten hasn't had much around him for a lot of years and was a lot if not most of the time, Romo's favorite target. Course the whole league knows that Witten is Romo's favorite target, especially in the clutch. Maybe that's why they get in trouble in big moments or when its clutch time. So stop beating this dead horse. I will never put any Cowboy in the hall of fame or in the ring of honor after the 1996 season till a championship game is reached.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record .... I'd take Jay over Jason any day of the week and twice on Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays

Jay had more weapons around him so he didnt have the numbers..... The man never missed a clutch catch for a 1st down though ....

Other than Moose the most ever under valued Cowboy of all time

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disregarding any Cowboy. Witten is in a more pass oriented league and offense, and I agree with you, Emmitt was the main guy that defensed game planned for. But Witten hasn't had much around him for a lot of years and was a lot if not most of the time, Romo's favorite target. Course the whole league knows that Witten is Romo's favorite target, especially in the clutch. Maybe that's why they get in trouble in big moments or when its clutch time. So stop beating this dead horse. I will never put any Cowboy in the hall of fame or in the ring of honor after the 1996 season till a championship game is reached.

Well I guess you think Marino wasn't a very good QB. I always thought football was a team sport. Emmitt does have 3 SB's, one more than Dorsett. So shouldn't he get extra credit and bump Tony? I don't know why you refuse to give anyone on this TEAM credit. Is it the players fault Jerry thought he could win aSB with only WOW players?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when people look at rings when talking about individual positions for who is better.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to admit, at least you are but anything else, consistent. Always trying to bust someone's ball's, (whether or not a troll), If they don't dot every eye, cross every T or agree with your way of thinking. As great as the 90's team was they were not a good screen team. Jimmy admitted it and so did many announcers and experts including Madden if you paid attention. Preston rejuvenated his career 2 years before Dorsett was drafted in 1977. Landry did not have much choice back then so he brought back the shotgun formation that featured Preston Pearson. After Calvin Hill's knee injury vs. Rams in 1974 playoff game, (which in my opinion cost us the NFC Championship game against the Vikings the following week) was never the same and later traded to the redskins. Pretty much all we had was a fullback named Robert Newhouse so Landry got creative to try and stay competitive. Despite losing the likes of Lilly, Andrie, Howley, Hayes, Green, Manders, Alworth, etc., Landry had already drafted Harvey Martin in 1973, got Ed "Too Tall" Jones as their 1st round draft choice in 1974, He acquired Preston Pearson from the Steelers I believe and reloaded with the dirty dozen and we were the first wild card team to make a super bowl appearance. The final piece of the puzzle was getting Dorsett in 1977 and we went to 2 straight super bowls. Buy the way, the game was a much more run oriented league back then. Many of the formations back then used 1 and fairly often, 2 full backs. Dorsett wasn't drafted and paid to block.

you're right...it's me, everyone knows Hayse was better than Irvin and certainly Dorsett over Emmitt

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when people look at rings when talking about individual positions for who is better.
Its not just the rings. The extremely high level of consistency and stability factors in with me a lot. Its hard to ignore 20 straight year's worth of amazing success and how it was done year after year, even in transition years. There's something to be said for 12 NFL/NFC championship appearances in a 17 year span, the super bowls, too many division titles to count and being in the thick of it every year or at least knocking on the door. Sometimes I wonder why we all argue of players. maybe its just for the fun of banter and debate. To tell you the truth guys, we've truly had so many great players at every position, I think we will all continue to have these debates. I'm just so glad and blessed I was around to get spoiled at a very young age and live through and feel that special time in my life to see so many great players. No matter what anyone says, we set the standard for the way its done today when we introduced Texas Stadium to the NFL. We had every detail nailed right down to the cheerleaders. Then we had a legendary coach and QB named Captain America. "America's Team" is born.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just playing around with pday a bit. But just so there is no misunderstandings and being serious for a moment, as of this moment in time, the following is my current all time best Cowboys at each position:

LE - Ed Too Tall Jones
LT - Bob Lilly
RT - Randy White
RE - Harvey Martin
OL - Chuck Howley
ML - Leroy Jordan
OL - Dave Edwards
CB - Mel Renfro
CB - Dionne Sanders
SS - Cornell Green
FS - Darren Woodson

QB - Roger Staubach
RB - Tony Dorsett
FB - Moose Johnson
WR - Drew Pearson
WR - Bob Hayes
TE - Jay Novacek
RT - Erik Williams
RG - Mark Tuenei/ Nate Newton (Tie, hard choice)
C - Mark Stepnoski
LG - Larry Allen
LE - Rayfield Wright

Coach - Who else, Mr. Cowboy Tom Landry.

IMO, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Jason Witten and DWare were the best at their positions and all top 10 Cowboys ever, with Emmitt being number 1. Also, who the heck is Dionne Sanders? LOL

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate anyone that list Deon as an all time Cowboy..... He wasnt... He was a rent a corner ....
San fran did it we did it ... blah end of story ... he was a Falcon not a cowboy

He was a one year piece to a 4 year dynasty ... whose cap figure killed the Cowboys ..... and he was never here the player he was in ATL ......
We bought him not to help ... but to keep him from helping San Fran ..... Is what it is Was what it was

Last edited by a moderator:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that's where you're missing the boat cause Witten and Ware are without doubt HOFers and likely 1st ballet.:scratch:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they both still need a playoff run to be 1st ballot especially Wit. Ware , I think still has some work to do but he has been one of the top 2 or 3 at his position for a sustained amount of time. How is Kevin Greene not in the Hall- 160 sacks

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I think that's where you're missing the boat cause Witten and Ware are without doubt HOFers and likely 1st ballet.:scratch:

:agree:.....What an absurd way to view the individual players. This is same BS Jerry once used when evaluating the Ring, in that, he stated a player has to be in the hall of fame first. Of course we all know Jerry is so full of crap, and now he's got at least one follower.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they both still need a playoff run to be 1st ballot especially Wit. Ware , I think still has some work to do but he has been one of the top 2 or 3 at his position for a sustained amount of time. How is Kevin Greene not in the Hall- 160 sacks

Great point. funny story on Greene I saw him at Disney World this past summer so I looked at him and said Hey Kevin Green how you doing. He immedately kinda shrunk up and ducked thinking I was gonna ask for an autograph....I then said don't worry Kevin I'm a Cowboys fan I don't want your autograph:laugh3:

Cej757

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate anyone that list Deon as an all time Cowboy..... He wasnt... He was a rent a corner ....
San fran did it we did it ... blah end of story ... he was a Falcon not a cowboy

He was a one year piece to a 4 year dynasty ... whose cap figure killed the Cowboys ..... and he was never here the player he was in ATL ......
We bought him not to help ... but to keep him from helping San Fran ..... Is what it is Was what it was

Jerry had no choice to sign Deion. Kevin Smith had just tore his ACL in like the first game and we desperately needed Deion if we were gonna beat San Fran or Green Bay.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point. funny story on Greene I saw him at Disney World this past summer so I looked at him and said Hey Kevin Green how you doing. He immedately kinda shrunk up and ducked thinking I was gonna ask for an autograph....I then said don't worry Kevin I'm a Cowboys fan I don't want your autograph:laugh3:

Haha