• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Callaway test positive for marijuana at combine

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they could. They could stop banning it tomorrow, and they are stupid for not doing so as they push athletes towards opiate addiction.

It’s not different than a a drug policy at any other occupation. Do I think it should be legal? Absolutely. Do I think the NFL should allow it? Yes, but they have a right to not allow it and when you’re on the verge of landing your dream job and you can’t not touch the stuff for a few weeks you’re a fucking idiot. Show a little restraint. Let’s face it. The drug testing policy in the nfl is an absolute joke. It’s easy not to get popped once you’re in. Just leave the shy alone till draft day. If you can’t show just a little restraint for a few weeks, that shit’s on you.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not different than a a drug policy at any other occupation. Do I think it should be legal? Absolutely. Do I think the NFL should allow it? Yes, but they have a right to not allow it and when you’re on the verge of landing your dream job and you can’t not touch the stuff for a few weeks you’re a fucking idiot. Show a little restraint. Let’s face it. The drug testing policy in the nfl is an absolute joke. It’s easy not to get popped once you’re in. Just leave the shy alone till draft day. If you can’t show just a little restraint for a few weeks, that shit’s on you.

The above is the real argument.

It's in your system for 30 days. You know they will test you. Don't do it. The entire draft process/combine
is about the NFL having you show them your intellect and behavioral patterns.

He has shown the NFL he can't stay focused. He's gonna do what he wants to do.

Unless there is one team in dire need of a player at his position...he's just cost himself a lot money.
I gotta tell ya...from an employers point of view, if he ain't worried about his own money, he'll never
worry about mine.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an idiot test. If you can't stop for a few months while you set yourself up for life then you're an idiot. Being an idiot does mess with your draft stock some depending on your position. Some teams just take you down a few notches on their draft board. Personally I agree that it should be legal in many cases and for NFL players for pain relief but if you're not in the NFL yet you have no excuse.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL should quietly stop testing players for rec drugs. It benefits nobody to have guys sitting out 4 games or an entire season.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it, but I do not care. It's a stupid law, it's a stupid rule and it's time for the authority figures here to fix their shit.

Bottom line. Call the kids dumbasses and whatever all you want, I'm going to focus on the source of the problem.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, but I do not care. It's a stupid law, it's a stupid rule and it's time for the authority figures here to fix their shit.

Bottom line. Call the kids dumbasses and whatever all you want, I'm going to focus on the source of the problem.
The source of the problem imo is the kid not having half a brain to begin with. All he had to do was not smoke weed for a few months and he couldn't even manage that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sounds like you’re trying to absolve the kid of his stupidity. I’m not.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like you’re trying to absolve the kid of his stupidity. I’m not.

What he did is not stupid because of the specific act. It's only stupid because of the ignorance of NFL rules and the consequences of such.

And you are damn right I'm going to say something about it. Your argument is EXACTLY the same argument I hear from people anytime someone gets busted for weed. And it's just as much bullshit there as it is here. Focus on the actual problem, not those who get caught up in it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess, when I got busted for weed in Alabama(even though I'm not from there according to some), it was me being stupid for getting caught. Not a matter of the stupid laws in the state.

FUCK THAT AND FUCK ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CLAIM IT.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The source of the problem imo is the kid not having half a brain to begin with. All he had to do was not smoke weed for a few months and he couldn't even manage that.

"All he had to do"

He is not the problem, the NFL rules are.

Period.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"All he had to do"

He is not the problem, the NFL rules are.

Period.
I'll tell the cops that next time I get pulled over for speeding, driving drunk, or whatever.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell the cops that next time I get pulled over for speeding, driving drunk, or whatever.

I hope they reply by beating your head against a wall. Since you just named things that put other people in danger and you are too much of a dumb fuck to understand the difference.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they reply by beating your head against a wall. Since you just named things that put other people in danger and you are too much of a dumb fuck to understand the difference.
If my work tells me I will lose my job if I test positive for weed then it's a choice of getting high and not working or not getting high and keeping my job. It's all about choices.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they could. They could stop banning it tomorrow, and they are stupid for not doing so as they push athletes towards opiate addiction.
If they allow marijuana why not also allow HGH and steroids?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my work tells me I will lose my job if I test positive for weed then it's a choice of getting high and not working or not getting high and keeping my job. It's all about choices.

And nobody is trying to take away the NFL's or anyone else's right to do so. But it doesn't mean it's not stupid.

My airline pilot = please test.
My doctor = please test.
My cashier at the grocery store = you're fucking retarded
Football players = you're fucking retarded
Entertainers in general = you're fucking retarded
etc.