• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown to Retire, IF

DayDrinkinginDurham

Healed Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only is Gruden a fraud, but he's a spineless one at that. Hope raiders fans enjoy never seeing the playoffs for the next 9 years.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chucky_%28Child%27s_Play%29.jpg
If John Gruden and Mark Davis had a baby together...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league should have grandfathered these guys in. Bunch of dumb fucks. All they want is to cause problems.

If they cared about player safety they would spend more money on doctors than public relations and marketing people.
Let him sign a waiver.

I don't care if somebody wants to play without a helmet. Neither does the league.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him sign a waiver.

I don't care if somebody wants to play without a helmet. Neither does the league.
Wearing what they want is what's going to see more lawsuits in the future. They need a standard and to show they are trying to reduce brain injury.

Letting them do what they want will lead to legit lawsuits for the next Jovan Belcher or Junior Seau.

Let Brown wear what he wants, then he murder suicides his family... can you imagine the lawsuit payout there....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wearing what they want is what's going to see more lawsuits in the future. They need a standard and to show they are trying to reduce brain injury.

Letting them do what they want will lead to legit lawsuits for the next Jovan Belcher or Junior Seau.

Let Brown wear what he wants, then he murder suicides his family... can you imagine the lawsuit payout there....
Waiver = no lawsuit.

Nobody actually cares about these men's safety. I know I don't care. And optics are a waste of my time. Like their NoMore commercials.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiver = no lawsuit.

Nobody actually cares about these men's safety. I know I don't care. And optics are a waste of my time. Like their NoMore commercials.

No shit....

If they could guarantee a major crash at every NASCAR race I'd probably watch that shit too. As it stands now I've never watched a single race.

I'm a car guy and my friends all wonder why I don't follow NASCAR.

Bunch of idiots driving in a circle....what the fuck is exciting about that?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit....

If they could guarantee a major crash at every NASCAR race I'd probably watch that shit too. As it stands now I've never watched a single race.

I'm a car guy and my friends all wonder why I don't follow NASCAR.

Bunch of idiots driving in a circle....what the fuck is exciting about that?
Went to a dirt track last night, to watch crashes.

Was the best part of my lone trip to the Indy 500 also. I've never been to a Nascar race either.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiver = no lawsuit.

They don't care about their safety any farther then they care about losing money in a lawsuit.

Waiver doesn't mean you can't be sued. It happens. Especially when there is money like the nfl to go after.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league had approx. 64 helmet types tested for impact. They took the 10 best and put them on dummies with a ton of test points in them. Those helmets were repeatedly tested from 30 mph to 100 mph impacts. The gave the reports to the owners and they picked the one that they thought offered the most protection. I don't know if you all remember players wearing several different helmets several years ago but they wanted the players to have imput. The helmet that's being work this year was the one favored by the players and the owners.

Basically, the league and the NFLPA agreed to this helmet and result is extremely easy to understand.

You will wear this helmet. No other helmet will be allowed. If you don't wear this helmet, you don't play on an NFL field or in an NFL game. If you don't play, you don't get paid. If you refuse to wear the helmet and not play, you best have another job somewhere, because you ain't working here.

How difficult is that to understand??

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they can't see the defender coming. More of those hits coming.
everyone else can see........

waiting for a stupid reply here. since he wasnt getting hurt in the old helmets, and proved u wrong there

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's interesting is Tom Brady is also a player that wanted to keep his old helmet as well. Of course he didn't threaten to retire if he didn't get it, but the point is other players have spoken out about the helmet.

This is real easy to squash. Have the player sign a waiver of responsibility and keep it moving. The NFL doesn't really care, they are just tired of being sued.

Tom Brady laments new NFL helmet rule