• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Browner suspension?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have lots of ways of punishing players outside of suspensions or cutting them. What would any of the strong disciplinarians of the league do?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is because anything other than overly delusional optimism about the team is considered negativity or trolling.

Still waiting for the people who were celebrating the Christine Michael pick to come out of the woodwork... You know the same people who called me "negative" for saying he would not beat out Turbin...

Sorry 234 but I was in on the "CM will take over Turbin's spot" on the depth chart. Not sure what you want out of me for it but I don't feel bad with my position. So far you are correct though.

Ok...ok. I'm sorry for calling you negative.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you blame Pete for this. Not sure what he could have done to prevented this.

How much control does your boss have over what you do away from work? Even with PED's, the coaches don't have any control. Players show up and they here "you got to pick it up!" All the players know where to get it (they have since college), juice up, and start to hear "Great work! Keep it up!" and get playing time. The coaches don't care. They just want the wins. They don't have the trainers or the medical staff looking at the ridiculous, unnatural bmi's that these athletes have. Those guys are just worried about whether or not the player is fit to be out there or not.

Yes, this looks bad and it is probably bad. But lets not pretend that there's some drug dispensary hidden away in the corner of the training facility. This is just business as usual for the NFL.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is because anything other than overly delusional optimism about the team is considered negativity or trolling.

Still waiting for the people who were celebrating the Christine Michael pick to come out of the woodwork... You know the same people who called me "negative" for saying he would not beat out Turbin...

I didn't call you negative because I don't even know you or paid attention to your view but

Christine Michael is a better "running" back than Turbin.
Apparently, CM can't block which is a joke because when we go to empty backfield anyway, so what is
the difference than throwing CM out there to catch a screen.

Sherman Smith is in love with Turbin. He's always praised him so highly and I don't get it and I don't
see it on Sunday. Why waste a draft pick on a RB, then?

I know you'll say well, Turbin must be better because he gets the PT > CM. Fine.

CM must be dumb as a box of rocks and not understand the playbook or how to block because there is no doubt that CM totes the rock with more ferocity, vision and quickness over Turbin.

It's a waste that PC/DB can find a few screen plays and formations to utilize his skill set because CM can run. You will eventually see it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seeing as both the Thurmond and Browner things were known to the team before the bye week, the whole speech that Carroll gave before the kids went on their break makes much more sense.

We all knew Browner wouldn't be resigned anyway and if you didn't know then you have not been paying attention. He is the weakest link in the secondary. Thurmond is better but with him getting popped he himself very well could be looking for a job.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just roll with it.

There's nothing we can or will do to change the situation.:noidea:

Harvin is going to make up for the points that we may give up on D.

Forget BB and WT3. They're not part of the future anyway.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seeing as both the Thurmond and Browner things were known to the team before the bye week, the whole speech that Carroll gave before the kids went on their break makes much more sense.

We all knew Browner wouldn't be resigned anyway and if you didn't know then you have not been paying attention. He is the weakest link in the secondary. Thurmond is better but with him getting popped he himself very well could be looking for a job.

WT3 has been nothing more than a disappointment. It was a shot in the dark for draft value and he's done squat. I've never been impressed with him. Adios to both guys.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WT3 has been nothing more than a disappointment. It was a shot in the dark for draft value and he's done squat. I've never been impressed with him. Adios to both guys.

That's why he beat out Winfield? That's why he beat out Sherman for the back-up job behind Tru? He only lost it because he broke his ankle and Sherman stepped up and played lights out. the only thing that has been disappointing is his injury problems and now this suspension. Earlier this year Sherman said he thought Thurmond was the best DB on the team, So i'll believe what Sherman says. He is by the way someone that knows all the CB better than all us arm chair QB's or 20/20 hindsight couch coaches.

Also As far as your Turbin hate or Michaels love which ever it is i have one thing to add to that. Turbin has had longer to learn the full workings of the offense and is more of a 3rd down back than Michaels ( better receiver, Blocker and is faster ) and so it makes sense to have a more "change of pace" back than Micheals who is more like Lynch. Michael's is the better "runner" it seems but that is not what the "3rd down" back is used for. I believe Lynch's time might be up soon and Michael's would then take on the starter role with Turbin still as the 3rd down back.

I totally understand why you are down playing Thurmond, you want to protect yourself from disappointment and the fact he pulled a bone headed move that hurt our beloved Seahawks but lets just remember one thing. He won a job on one of the deepest defensive units in the league and was a starter at Nickleback over a probowl mainstay.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Legion of Bongs has to be feeling extremely stupid, especially Browner. Brought in from the CFL to get a chance in the league, succeeds, then he does this in a contract year.

The Legion of Boom however.....next man up!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit.

Now we'll only have 10 guys on the field!

9 in nickle formations!

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why he beat out Winfield? That's why he beat out Sherman for the back-up job behind Tru? He only lost it because he broke his ankle and Sherman stepped up and played lights out. the only thing that has been disappointing is his injury problems and now this suspension. Earlier this year Sherman said he thought Thurmond was the best DB on the team, So i'll believe what Sherman says. He is by the way someone that knows all the CB better than all us arm chair QB's or 20/20 hindsight couch coaches.

Also As far as your Turbin hate or Michaels love which ever it is i have one thing to add to that. Turbin has had longer to learn the full workings of the offense and is more of a 3rd down back than Michaels ( better receiver, Blocker and is faster ) and so it makes sense to have a more "change of pace" back than Micheals who is more like Lynch. Michael's is the better "runner" it seems but that is not what the "3rd down" back is used for. I believe Lynch's time might be up soon and Michael's would then take on the starter role with Turbin still as the 3rd down back.

I totally understand why you are down playing Thurmond, you want to protect yourself from disappointment and the fact he pulled a bone headed move that hurt our beloved Seahawks but lets just remember one thing. He won a job on one of the deepest defensive units in the league and was a starter at Nickleback over a probowl mainstay.

I don't care how some guy plays in practice because frankly, it
means jack.

Besides Ponder throwing a ball right to him, WT3
has NOT impressed me at all, not one iota, zip,
nada.

Maybe you are easily impressed but lo siento, I'm not.
WT3 = disappointment via my "eye test" from
ACTUAL games that count, not running around in
shorts.

Stop with the ignorant hate talk. Why would I hate
Turbin? Cuz I have a CMike avatar? :yahoo:

I support Turbin. In the minimal touches we've seen
I see more explosiveness from CMike. He's not as
good as Turbin in areas that PC value and
reason I typed "running" back.

You will eventually see CMike's explosiveness that will
blow us away. Patience....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't call you negative because I don't even know you or paid attention to your view but

Christine Michael is a better "running" back than Turbin.
Apparently, CM can't block which is a joke because when we go to empty backfield anyway, so what is
the difference than throwing CM out there to catch a screen.

Sherman Smith is in love with Turbin. He's always praised him so highly and I don't get it and I don't
see it on Sunday. Why waste a draft pick on a RB, then?

I know you'll say well, Turbin must be better because he gets the PT > CM. Fine.

CM must be dumb as a box of rocks and not understand the playbook or how to block because there is no doubt that CM totes the rock with more ferocity, vision and quickness over Turbin.

It's a waste that PC/DB can find a few screen plays and formations to utilize his skill set because CM can run. You will eventually see it.

I don't doubt Christine Michael's talent. I just thought it was foolish to think he would get much playing time his first three years in the league. There is a strong chance he ends up the starting running back in Seattle eventually, it just won't be this year, or next year. It all really depends on how long Lynch holds up. Once Lynch either stops producing, is cut or his contract expires there will likely be a competition between Turbin and Michael. But that probably won't happen for another year, two or three, depending on how Lynch holds up.

It is not Michael's fault he is not getting playing time. Lynch plays most of the snaps and when Lynch is not on the field, Turbin is an excellent receiver for a HB. What people did not understand was it was not picking Michael that I was upset with, it was picking a HB in the 2nd round when we had more pressing concerns.

Until Lynch is gone or someone gets hurt Michael will be buried on the depth chart, which was why I did not like the pick.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Micheals pick because you got to be thinking about the future. This team was already lock and loaded for a multi year SB run. Lynch takes a lot of physical punishment with his style of play. I think it was just fine to use a late 2nd on who was arguably the best TB with the most upside in the draft. A guy who could be our #1 RB down the road, and needed insurance incase BeastMode gets injured.

Turbo is a nice change of pace guy, but he's not gonna be a #1 in the NFL.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how some guy plays in practice because frankly, it
means jack.

Besides Ponder throwing a ball right to him, WT3
has NOT impressed me at all, not one iota, zip,
nada.

Maybe you are easily impressed but lo siento, I'm not.
WT3 = disappointment via my "eye test" from
ACTUAL games that count, not running around in
shorts.

Stop with the ignorant hate talk. Why would I hate
Turbin? Cuz I have a CMike avatar? :yahoo:

I support Turbin. In the minimal touches we've seen
I see more explosiveness from CMike. He's not as
good as Turbin in areas that PC value and
reason I typed "running" back.

You will eventually see CMike's explosiveness that will
blow us away. Patience....

Ignorant hate talk lol, it would only be ignorant if you didn't keep showing it week in and week out, geez. Just go back a few months on this board and i went through this and SAID that Michael's was the better "runner" of the two. But since when do you have the better "runner" in on 3rd down? If that was the Case then SA would have been in on 3rd down and MoMo would have played 1st and 2nd down lol. I loved the Michael's pick and was one of the first to post about it on ESPN. Just because you feel you have to "prove?" something doesn't mean you are not the only one on this board that is excited to see Michael's play. I want to see him out there a lot more than he has been but there is a reason his touches have been limited and why he has been inactive for many games.

Now as far as what the reasons are that Michael's isn't getting touches i will not be foolish enough to assume its some type of conspiracy, unlike you who said it was some kind of love fest, That's hate talk. Turbin as far as i can see has done nothing to lose playing time. Sure he doesn't have Lynch's power or balance or Michael's quickness but he does seem to have the best hands and best straight line speed of those 3 and is the better blocker between him and Michael. I would also assume his understanding of the protection scheme and calls is much farther along in a complicated offense. That's about as far as i would go into it.

Also you do not, like i said before in that post a few months ago, abbreviate a mans Last name. That is a surname. That is something to identify the "FAMILY" not a single person. To do so is showing a lack of respect to the family and that person. If it's a Nickname then what is it? Christine "Mike" Michael? you can do better than that. Everyone on this board knows you love Michael, and thats cool he is and will be a great player for us. Now show him the love by not butchering his last name. Show a little respect :)

EDIT : My bad i see its CMIKE not just MIKE, thats cool then.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt Christine Michael's talent. I just thought it was foolish to think he would get much playing time his first three years in the league. There is a strong chance he ends up the starting running back in Seattle eventually, it just won't be this year, or next year. It all really depends on how long Lynch holds up. Once Lynch either stops producing, is cut or his contract expires there will likely be a competition between Turbin and Michael. But that probably won't happen for another year, two or three, depending on how Lynch holds up.

It is not Michael's fault he is not getting playing time. Lynch plays most of the snaps and when Lynch is not on the field, Turbin is an excellent receiver for a HB. What people did not understand was it was not picking Michael that I was upset with, it was picking a HB in the 2nd round when we had more pressing concerns.

Until Lynch is gone or someone gets hurt Michael will be buried on the depth chart, which was why I did not like the pick.

CM was definitely a luxury pick if they weren't going to find him some PT, even with Beast and Turbin. It's not like he's been unimpressive when he's gotten his carries, but it is what it is.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignorant hate talk lol, it would only be ignorant if you didn't keep showing it week in and week out, geez. Just go back a few months on this board and i went through this and SAID that Michael's was the better "runner" of the two.

Yes, it's ignorant to say I could possibly "hate" Turbin just because I like CMike better. I like a bone in Filet mignon better than a ny strip but that doesn't mean I "hate" the n.y. strip. Yes, 12, throwing that out there is ignorant. Since when do I show it week in and week out = more 12 ignorance.

I don't care what you said months ago. I wasn't arguing with you. omg. I was simply stating that I like CMike more and he's a better runner. So if you agree, then why are you sucking on Turbin's nuts? I'm not sure why you got all defensive. :noidea:

But since when do you have the better "runner" in on 3rd down? If that was the Case then SA would have been in on 3rd down and MoMo would have played 1st and 2nd down lol.

You're dumber than I thought. You obviously don't understand what "running" back means. besides, Turbin isn't some 3rd down back anyway. He gives beast a breather at any juncture.

Turbin has caught a whopping 7 passes, yes 7 passes all season. Is that 3rd down back material? :laugh3:

No, it's not. Of his touches only 12% have been through the air. Heck, Beast has 10% of touches through the air.

Your 3rd down back would be classified as Darren Sproles who has 60% of his touches through the air.

I loved the Michael's pick and was one of the first to post about it on ESPN. Just because you feel you have to "prove?" something doesn't mean you are not the only one on this board that is excited to see Michael's play. I want to see him out there a lot more than he has been but there is a reason his touches have been limited and why he has been inactive for many games.

What am I trying to prove? :L Absolutely nothing. I'm simply stating my opinion that I like CMike and his explosiveness. I even said he's obviously not picking up the playbook or blocking scheme to satisfy PC. Where are you coming up with your trash?

Now as far as what the reasons are that Michael's isn't getting touches i will not be foolish enough to assume its some type of conspiracy, unlike you who said it was some kind of love fest, That's hate talk.

More ignorance. Obviously, you've never listened to a SSmith interview.

Turbin as far as i can see has done nothing to lose playing time. Sure he doesn't have Lynch's power or balance or Michael's quickness but he does seem to have the best hands and best straight line speed of those 3 and is the better blocker between him and Michael. I would also assume his understanding of the protection scheme and calls is much farther along in a complicated offense. That's about as far as i would go into it.

Further ignorance. you do realize that straight line speed is the most overrated aspect of a running backs game but you quote it like it's a panacea. :laugh3: I like Turbin, but his 3.6 yds per carry isn't tearing up the turf. A lot of speed with no where to go.

Also you do not, like i said before in that post a few months ago, abbreviate a mans Last name. That is a surname. That is something to identify the "FAMILY" not a single person. To do so is showing a lack of respect to the family and that person. If it's a Nickname then what is it? Christine "Mike" Michael? you can do better than that. Everyone on this board knows you love Michael, and thats cool he is and will be a great player for us. Now show him the love by not butchering his last name. Show a little respect

I have NOT talked about CMike for months and it was only once. You act like it's a weekly topic of mine? You're messed up! :L Besides, why do you care what I call him? :scratch: If you don't like it 12, then ignorance it. I mean ignore it.

EDIT : My bad i see its CMIKE not just MIKE, thats cool then.

Your whole post has been "your bad". :lame:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow some one is "u mad bro" LMAO

:lol::lol::lol::laugh3::lol::lol::lol:

Find another post by me about Turbin other than that single one 2-3 months ago, go ahead ill wait. We all can find many about you and Michael. Someone is on someones nutts like you said but you better look in the mirror.

Last edited by a moderator:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one of the guys on Pro Football Talk just mentioned that Browner's suspension "may have to do with tests he was supposed to take while playing in the CFL." If that's true, IMO it's ridiculous to punish a guy for a drug test 3+ years ago.

I hope more details come out about this.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one of the guys on Pro Football Talk just mentioned that Browner's suspension "may have to do with tests he was supposed to take while playing in the CFL." If that's true, IMO it's ridiculous to punish a guy for a drug test 3+ years ago.

I hope more details come out about this.

That would be ridiculous. People who are fond of conspiracy theories would be all over that. Why wait until now to punish a guy for something he did (or didn't do) before he came into the league? Isn't that something that would have come out years ago if it was true? This whole thing has just been one giant, confusing mess. We need some sort of statement from the league to clear this whole thing up.