• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Harrison on Kaminsky

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're white don't use the word. If you don't undestand why black people use the word then it's not for you to understand. It's fairly simple.

I retain the right to use it when listening to rap.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously then you have no problem with it when Riley Cooper said it". He didn't mean anything racist by it. But he got slammed by the media and many demanded him being suspended and banned from playing football.

This comparison is laughably bad.. These two situations aren't even remotely the same and it was obvious that Riley Coopers comments were racially motivated.. Harrison's were based on pure ignorance.. He basically said "Fuck that Guy" which was wrong, in the most moronic and illiterate way possible.. It's true many African Americans throw the word out like candy in casual situations and the simple fact that he didn't know he could be heard on live television made it worse.. With that said, he obviously wasn't trying to be racist and it's absolutely nothing like Cooper..

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This comparison is laughably bad.. These two situations aren't even remotely the same and it was obvious that Riley Coopers comments were racially motivated.. Harrison's were based on pure ignorance.. He basically said "Fuck that Guy" which was wrong, in the most moronic and illiterate way possible.. It's true many African Americans throw the word out like candy in casual situations and the simple fact that he didn't know he could be heard on live television made it worse.. With that said, he obviously wasn't trying to be racist and it's absolutely nothing like Cooper//

Not to mention if Cooper had done the same thing he would have called the black security guards crackers

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're white don't use the word. If you don't undestand why black people use the word then it's not for you to understand. It's fairly simple.
The funny thing is, there are other ethnic groups that will spew out derogatory terms of their own race casually.. Maybe not as much as African Americans.. Irish and Italians in certain urban areas come to mind..

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if I use the word and they don't understand why I'm using the word then it's not for them to understand.

Plain and simply as my black friend put it today at work, black people took the meaning of the "n word" away. It literally isn't used in racist context anymore.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I use the word and they don't understand why I'm using the word then it's not for them to understand.

Plain and simply as my black friend put it today at work, black people took the meaning of the "n word" away. It literally isn't used in racist context anymore.

If you're using the word, assuming you are white, then it's probably not going to be hard to understand why you're using it. But you're friend is exactly right. For black people using the word it is not in a racist context. It's really simple.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't sound like it based on what andrew said. Besides, sitting there calling each other the n-word back and forth doesn't take any meaning away. It just makes the people using the word look low class... almost like you've embraced being the butt of the joke.

Last edited:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I just dont say it, wouldnt say it, wont say it. I would sound like an idiot.

Second, I believe for a white person such as myself to say that word is offensive. You have to look at the history, and as a white person, it's just not something I would ever say. Out of respect.

As for Harrison, he was just a young athlete who was fresh off getting his butt kicked, and it hurt. Cant really judge a young person in that situation too harshly; I think Kaminsky, also being a young athlete, took no offense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't say the word because I don't need to and quite simply I don't want a cap busted in my ass.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yea, it is just a word now. The old days are long gone now. Black people have all the opportunities in the world. We have a black President for crying out loud.

Time to let the past go.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I just dont say it, wouldnt say it, wont say it. I would sound like an idiot.

Second, I believe for a white person such as myself to say that word is offensive. You have to look at the history, and as a white person, it's just not something I would ever say. Out of respect.

As for Harrison, he was just a young athlete who was fresh off getting his butt kicked, and it hurt. Cant really judge a young person in that situation too harshly; I think Kaminsky, also being a young athlete, took no offense.

I'm also pretty sure that was not the first time big frank heard the word used in that context where the word basically is being used in place of dude or guy

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
61022623.jpg

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He owned up and accepted the fact that he was a racist hillbilly

And right there is where you show your own ignorance. Amazingly enough most "hillbillies" I know are just like everyone else in all aspects including race: {because red, yellow, black and white people also live in the mountains.}

But of course everyone has to have someone to look down on...and as of this moment in time, the only acceptable group to look down on are the hillbillies.

So thank you very much for adding the derogatory and definitely inappropriate term to the word racist. Does that make the racism seem worse....to call him a racist "Hillbilly?"

Not that you give a damn, but as a Kentucky fan who enjoyed a lot of your posts, I lost some respect with that post.

And by the way....I think that if you want true equality, then everyone should be treated equally{in words and actions}...and you should leave your stereotypes and racial comments behind you in the dust.

This is exactly what Andrew should have done up on that stage. But anger and pride cause a lot of stupid things to be said in the heat of the moment.