• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Inconvenient Truth About Washington....

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Utah game -- Washington looked like the better team in the 1st quarter -- from the time the interception happened in the 2nd quarter -- Utah controlled the pace of play and outscored Washington 24-10 from that point on until Washington caught a break on the punt return. So if you want me to say Washington looked like the better team for the 1st quarter -- I'll agree.

You can scream from the mountain tops about dumb penalties being the reason for the Utah game -- but Washington had 4 penalties for 21 yards, while Utah had 10 for 65. It goes both ways.
Washington led at the end of the 1st qtr., Washington led at halftime, Washington led at the end of the 3rd qtr. and Washington had more points than Utah at the end of the 4th. Now go back to under your bridge.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Utah game -- Washington looked like the better team in the 1st quarter -- from the time the interception happened in the 2nd quarter -- Utah controlled the pace of play and outscored Washington 24-10 from that point on until Washington caught a break on the punt return. So if you want me to say Washington looked like the better team for the 1st quarter -- I'll agree.

You can scream from the mountain tops about dumb penalties being the reason for the Utah game -- but Washington had 4 penalties for 21 yards, while Utah had 10 for 65. It goes both ways.
So, you didn't watch the game... you could have just said that from the start.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why people are dogging Washington. The Pac12 is usually decent. They are down this year but Washington is a good team that is winning again.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington led at the end of the 1st qtr., Washington led at halftime, Washington led at the end of the 3rd qtr. and Washington had more points than Utah at the end of the 4th. Now go back to under your bridge.

And here I thought you watched the game. Was I seeing things or was Washington not winning 14-0 and had the ball? Washington had 230 yards of offense, while Utah had 70. Then.....Utah picked off Browning and controlled the pace of play the rest of the game. They scored 17 straight points to take the lead and outgained Washington 300-150 the rest of the game.

You guys can twist it anyway you'd like to make yourself feel better. I said for one quarter Washington and a drive in the 2nd. Washington did look like the better team. From that point on -- it was Utah controlling the pace of the game and Washington only had one TD drive from that point on.

You won the game, but you are kidding yourself if you think you outclassed or outplayed them.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you didn't watch the game... you could have just said that from the start.

So Utah didn't have over twice as many penalties called on them and three times the penalty yards? Or do penalties only count when they are called against Washington?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Utah didn't have over twice as many penalties called on them and three times the penalty yards? Or do penalties only count when they are called against Washington?
Watch the game, then we can have a discussion about it.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you don't play the best competition doesn't mean you aren't the best team.
But it might mean that you get left out of the playoffs.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I thought you watched the game. Was I seeing things or was Washington not winning 14-0 and had the ball? Washington had 230 yards of offense, while Utah had 70. Then.....Utah picked off Browning and controlled the pace of play the rest of the game. They scored 17 straight points to take the lead and outgained Washington 300-150 the rest of the game.

You guys can twist it anyway you'd like to make yourself feel better. I said for one quarter Washington and a drive in the 2nd. Washington did look like the better team. From that point on -- it was Utah controlling the pace of the game and Washington only had one TD drive from that point on.

You won the game, but you are kidding yourself if you think you outclassed or outplayed them.
Washington led after the 1st qtr, they led at halftime, they led at the end of the 3rd qtr and they had more points than Utah after the 4th.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Washington beats SC then they are legit and all this will be ignored....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the game, then we can have a discussion about it.

I did watch the game, without blinders on, as I'm not a fan of either team. You are speaking as a Washington fan. You show that by talking about what Washington did wrong, yet fail to realize, Utah had over twice as many penalties and 3 times as many penalty yards.

You fail to realize after coming out strong, once the interception happened, all the momentum went to Utah and they controlled the pace of play and outscored Washington 24-10 over the final 2 1/2 quarters, before Washington was bailed out with a friendly officiating crew on a punt return.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did watch the game, without blinders on, as I'm not a fan of either team. You are speaking as a Washington fan. You show that by talking about what Washington did wrong, yet fail to realize, Utah had over twice as many penalties and 3 times as many penalty yards.

You fail to realize after coming out strong, once the interception happened, all the momentum went to Utah and they controlled the pace of play and outscored Washington 24-10 over the final 2 1/2 quarters, before Washington was bailed out with a friendly officiating crew on a punt return.
Washington led at the end of the 1st qtr, Washington led at the half, Washington led at the end of the 3rd qtr. and Washington had more points than Utah at the end of the 4th.

btw Washington also had more total yards.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington led at the end of the 1st qtr, Washington led at the half, Washington led at the end of the 3rd qtr. and Washington had more points than Utah at the end of the 4th.

btw Washington also had more total yards.

My bad. I didn't see Washington had outgained them by 9 yards. Now I absolutely agree that Washington dominated Utah.:pound:

Maybe you can post the articles/video clips of all the talk about how Washington outplayed the final score against Arizona and Utah -- you know, the one your fellow Huskies fan talked about.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah beat SC, Washington beat Utah @ Utah.

You mean, we can use transitive properties instead of playing the game? Sorry Ohio State -- Michigan won't be coming to play in the Shoe this year. We are just taking the win, because:

Michigan 49 Penn State 10
Penn State 24 Ohio State 21

Whew -- I was worried about that game too. Washington better put up on a show tonight -- Alabama beat USC 52-6 at USC. So Washington will have to beat them by 50+ since they are at home or Bama will just advance to the National Championship game if Washington gets there.

And if by some chance, UM plays Washington, we get the win because UM beat Rutgers 78-0 on the road and Washington only won 48-13 at home.

Transitive properties are fun. :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of cute though, since Penn State wouldn't stay within 2 touchdowns of either SC or us.

But...the issue isn't UW vs Ohio State. It should be Ohio State vs Michigan. Michigan's only win that any person could say was useful was against Wisconsin and if Wisconsin had a decent HS QB, they win that game. Ya, Colorado counts for SOS but Michigan was losing that game until their QB got hurt...big asterisk next to the strength of that win.

Thanks for your opinion on what Penn St would do but the PAC is the weakest P5 conference. Fact. Keep playing those cupcakes and talking shit