• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly if they spend money this year I hope it's to add a good O-Linemen at least one on the interior, and if they are going to have to spend money to get to the cap floor I would rather they build the offensive line because I think they need at least two starters on the interior of their line.

O-line is fine, even though i don't think that's our worse unit. I think we could use depth at Center, so a C/OG type to replace Marcus Martin. We can always use better OT depth if we can find one. Any chance Anthony Davis comes back, now that Baalke is gone?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line is fine, even though i don't think that's our worse unit. I think we could use depth at Center, so a C/OG type to replace Marcus Martin. We can always use better OT depth if we can find one. Any chance Anthony Davis comes back, now that Baalke is gone?

I think he got a front desk position at a weed dispensary in SF...

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It probably isn't the worst unit but they protect the most important position on the field and having a unit that is very good will help the development of who ever they get to be the QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It probably isn't the worst unit but they protect the most important position on the field and having a unit that is very good will help the development of who ever they get to be the QB.

Yeah, that is a good reason to add O-line depth. Certainly not against to the O-line.

Just that IMO we need starters at other places, before better depth on the O-line. What we have now at LB is very bad. Even the D-line is in worse shape than the O-line.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks Like McDonough is coming back. I don't mind this. he helped this team in a BIG way. He already has a relationship with York and Shanahan. Both GB guys have backed out.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hiring Bradley would likely mean the 49ers shift from a 3-4 base defensive scheme to a 4-3. It would be a complicated transition after San Francisco invested first-round selections the last two NFL drafts in 3-4 defensive ends Arik Armstead and DeForest Buckner.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring Bradley would likely mean the 49ers shift from a 3-4 base defensive scheme to a 4-3. It would be a complicated transition after San Francisco invested first-round selections the last two NFL drafts in 3-4 defensive ends Arik Armstead and DeForest Buckner.

The biggest difference would be going from man to zone and really emphasizing 2-gap tech. Having said that, I'd prefer we stick with 3-4 base.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley would be a Home run. Im nervous about GM spot right now. Nothing special with this Paton guy. I think we lost out on some good GM guys.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley would be a Home run. Im nervous about GM spot right now. Nothing special with this Paton guy. I think we lost out on some good GM guys.

Looks like the Chargers are hiring Bradley to be their DC. The Niners are down to Paton and McDonough as the remaining candidates. Maybe some of the candidates pulled out because they don't want to play second fiddle to the head coach. Niners are missing out on some good candidates. It's a carryover from what happened the last two years. No one wants to be a part of this garbage.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Chargers are hiring Bradley to be their DC. The Niners are down to Paton and McDonough as the remaining candidates. Maybe some of the candidates pulled out because they don't want to play second fiddle to the head coach. Niners are missing out on some good candidates. It's a carryover from what happened the last two years. No one wants to be a part of this garbage.
I agree, Look i understand we had to get shanahan but the GM is the boss of the HC. They need to work together to build the right team. I feel we got out HC but we didn't land our Big time GM. I rather take McDonough over this Paton guy. Paton guy doesn't have a good track record. Im not impressed with the people he help draft.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is a good reason to add O-line depth. Certainly not against to the O-line.

Just that IMO we need starters at other places, before better depth on the O-line. What we have now at LB is very bad. Even the D-line is in worse shape than the O-line.

I think it could be argued that they need at least one or two starers on the O-Line so it really isn't so much about adding depth a quality starter. They will have enough money to add plenty at any position and some of which must be spent.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it could be argued that they need at least one or two starers on the O-Line so it really isn't so much about adding depth a quality starter. They will have enough money to add plenty at any position and some of which must be spent.

Not against adding starters, but which two spots are you targeting?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not against adding starters, but which two spots are you targeting?

I would say a Guard or Center, they need to improve the offensive line and with them seemingly being ok at the Tackle positions and having moved up last year to the first to select a Guard they really could use a starter at one of the other two spots. I think it will be easier to find a Guard in free agents that might actually be worth paying some money, though I could be wrong their might be a center worth it too but certainly no one of say Mack's caliber.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would say a Guard or Center, they need to improve the offensive line and with them seemingly being ok at the Tackle positions and having moved up last year to the first to select a Guard they really could use a starter at one of the other two spots. I think it will be easier to find a Guard in free agents that might actually be worth paying some money, though I could be wrong their might be a center worth it too but certainly no one of say Mack's caliber.

You said two spots, so it is Beadles and Kilgore who you want to replace. i doubt you were thinking Garnett.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said two spots, so it is Beadles and Kilgore who you want to replace. i doubt you were thinking Garnett.

That is correct though I would settle for just one of them. Like I said I think it might be easier to sign an impact Guard this year over the Center but I could be wrong either way they'll have to pay more then they should to get one because of the state of the team much like they did with Clements and Smith.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is correct though I would settle for just one of them. Like I said I think it might be easier to sign an impact Guard this year over the Center but I could be wrong either way they'll have to pay more then they should to get one because of the state of the team much like they did with Clements and Smith.

Beadles wasn't so bad last season, you'd have to pay a good price for someone better - and as versatile - as Beadles.

I'd rather use that 'good price' to sign a better than average ILB.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beadles wasn't so bad last season, you'd have to pay a good price for someone better - and as versatile - as Beadles.

I'd rather use that 'good price' to sign a better than average ILB.

I would certainly be fine with that as well, but would probably prefer they do both. Beadles might not have been so bad but that doesn't mean at this point in his career he's capable of being anything more than a back up that won't kill the team if he has to start for a few weeks. I'm also not sold on Kilgore either.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would certainly be fine with that as well, but would probably prefer they do both. Beadles might not have been so bad but that doesn't mean at this point in his career he's capable of being anything more than a back up that won't kill the team if he has to start for a few weeks. I'm also not sold on Kilgore either.

Ok, it is a matter of what we can address first?

We know there are too many holes to fill in one off season, so some spots will remain average or maybe below average?