• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I didn't know where to put this so I figured I would create a general thread apart for the Chip Kelly hire

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to see some players leave this offseason. Right away dump Pears, Devey, Brooks. I think it is also time to let Boldin go. Doesn't make sense to keep him at this stage of his career with where the 49ers are at.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to see some players leave this offseason. Right away dump Pears, Devey, Brooks. I think it is also time to let Boldin go. Doesn't make sense to keep him at this stage of his career with where the 49ers are at.
agree with all players u mention.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Agreed with all, I def don't think Boldin fits his system

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with all, I def don't think Boldin fits his system

Cosell has commented the second half of the season just how much Boldin has slowed on film, and he didn't really have any speed to lose to begin with. Cosell stated from film study Boldin hurt plays and disrupts timing by taking too long to get a spot on the field, no separation. Not good when he was the #1 WR last year.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers’ relationship with Kaepernick becomes even more bizarre

I don't know if this is the right thread to include this article, but it's a good read. Kelly thought he could not make any comments about players due to the CBA, but in reality he can. He didn't really have a ringing endorsement of Kap. I have a feeling that Kap will either be released or traded. I think Gabbert will end up being the starter in 2016 and the Niners draft a QB in the first three rounds.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers’ relationship with Kaepernick becomes even more bizarre

I don't know if this is the right thread to include this article, but it's a good read. Kelly thought he could not make any comments about players due to the CBA, but in reality he can. He didn't really have a ringing endorsement of Kap. I have a feeling that Kap will either be released or traded. I think Gabbert will end up being the starter in 2016 and the Niners draft a QB in the first three rounds.

The following just drives me nuts. Don't know why people keep revising history under Harbaugh. Kaep was not becoming a star under Harbaugh. He was trending downward under Harbaugh from 2013 to 2014. I don't know what else to make of it, true or not. I listened to the comments about Kaepernick and Gabbert from the press conference and I think people were trying to read too much into it. Just my two cents.

"When the 49ers hired Chip Kelly to coach the team, many assumed that he’d want to try to make quarterback
Colin Kaepernick into the star he was becoming under Jim Harbaugh"

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following just drives me nuts. Don't know why people keep revising history under Harbaugh. Kaep was not becoming a star under Harbaugh. He was trending downward under Harbaugh from 2013 to 2014. I don't know what else to make of it, true or not. I listened to the comments about Kaepernick and Gabbert from the press conference and I think people were trying to read too much into it. Just my two cents.

"When the 49ers hired Chip Kelly to coach the team, many assumed that he’d want to try to make quarterback
Colin Kaepernick into the star he was becoming under Jim Harbaugh"

So true. He began to struggle in 2014 and got worse in 2015.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true. He began to struggle in 2014 and got worse in 2015.

I don't think there was really improvement from 2012 to 2013 either. I remember a stretch of games in 2013 when there were serious questions about Kaepernick and the offense in general. Definitely wasn't trending upward that year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kaep was becoming a star under Harbaugh he began falling off under him.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kaep was becoming a star under Harbaugh he began falling off under him.

Meh, I'd disagree a little...nobody, and I mean nearly nobody knew how to deal with Gore and Kaep and our O-line. Sprinkle in some wrinkles with Miller and VD with a marginal WR corp and that was a lot to handle which was evident with our 3 year run. Our D struck fear in the hearts of every team we faced...we fucking demolished people for a stretch.

Kaep was deadly on his feet and he was dropping dimes over DB's as well. I think he did diminish...due to absolute shit play calling, the inability to adjust from the 1st quarter on (coaching) as well as injury that probably should have been reported to the league while Harbs said he was "working through something" (shoulder, thumb, knee, surgery - leg rod-), oh that and most recently a line that looked like they were being paid to let him die a slow death by sack and 2 second drops.

Harbs fed him to the wolves by letting 3 coaches call plays while he decided the final option with 7 seconds to audible...an absolute train wreck of an offensive philosophy that clearly buried our franchise coupled with the fucking walking dead outbreak in injuries and retirements.

That said...not a huge Kaep guy because he couldn't find a 2nd or 3rd option if it was a 25 cent Thrifty's ice cream cone strapped to his face mask...but the former didn't give him much opportunity to do anything other than what he did.

Look...Kaep was our savior...and is our goat...but what other QB in the league can you say has been to 3 title games and a Super Bowl in as many years.

Love me some Yo Gabba Gaba for sure...but we need...is some continuity on the O side of the ball...no reclamation projects, and a coach, who can live under the Dork // Cralpke regime.

Sorry for the rant...I may or may not be a little hammered right now...hopefully some of this made sense I'm not going back to re-read it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'd disagree a little...nobody, and I mean nearly nobody knew how to deal with Gore and Kaep and our O-line. Sprinkle in some wrinkles with Miller and VD with a marginal WR corp and that was a lot to handle which was evident with our 3 year run. Our D struck fear in the hearts of every team we faced...we fucking demolished people for a stretch.

Kaep was deadly on his feet and he was dropping dimes over DB's as well. I think he did diminish...due to absolute shit play calling, the inability to adjust from the 1st quarter on (coaching) as well as injury that probably should have been reported to the league while Harbs said he was "working through something" (shoulder, thumb, knee, surgery - leg rod-), oh that and most recently a line that looked like they were being paid to let him die a slow death by sack and 2 second drops.

Harbs fed him to the wolves by letting 3 coaches call plays while he decided the final option with 7 seconds to audible...an absolute train wreck of an offensive philosophy that clearly buried our franchise coupled with the fucking walking dead outbreak in injuries and retirements.

That said...not a huge Kaep guy because he couldn't find a 2nd or 3rd option if it was a 25 cent Thrifty's ice cream cone strapped to his face mask...but the former didn't give him much opportunity to do anything other than what he did.

Look...Kaep was our savior...and is our goat...but what other QB in the league can you say has been to 3 title games and a Super Bowl in as many years.

Love me some Yo Gabba Gaba for sure...but we need...is some continuity on the O side of the ball...no reclamation projects, and a coach, who can live under the Dork // Cralpke regime.

Sorry for the rant...I may or may not be a little hammered right now...hopefully some of this made sense I'm not going back to re-read it.

Sorry to chime in, I don't think you got the point of this dialogue. I started it because of what the author posted in the linked article where he stated Kaep was becoming a star under Harbaugh which just isn't true. PW echoed what I said in the Kaep's play was getting worse under Harbaugh, not better and the article is BS. I know things got worse offensively when Harbaugh left but some people are trying to rewrite history now.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to chime in, I don't think you got the point of this dialogue. I started it because of what the author posted in the linked article where he stated Kaep was becoming a star under Harbaugh which just isn't true. PW echoed what I said in the Kaep's play was getting worse under Harbaugh, not better and the article is BS. I know things got worse offensively when Harbaugh left but some people are trying to rewrite history now.

Yea I may or may not have been a bit hammered when I read // wrote that...might explain a bit of the off topic run there...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I may or may not have been a bit hammered when I read // wrote that...might explain a bit of the off topic run there...

LOL. I just get annoyed when writers throw stuff out there like that. National writers who obviously haven't been paying attention.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of read some of this, and agree that he began showing flashes under Harbaugh but after he came in for Smith I felt like the following season he didn't really improve kind of stayed were he was or got a little worse each year since then so to me it's kind of hard to call that becoming a star.