• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I'm right there with him. I'm on the edge of giving up on this team. If Baalke (and others) isn't fired during or after this season, I may take a break from watching the team altogether. If ownership doesn't care enough to put a decent team on the field, why should i care enough to invest my time?

I am with you on that. I am not a bandwagon fan, but if the ownership is not willing to make changes and work toward a better team, than I am just going to stop supporting the team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I'm right there with him. I'm on the edge of giving up on this team. If Baalke (and others) isn't fired during or after this season, I may take a break from watching the team altogether. If ownership doesn't care enough to put a decent team on the field, why should i care enough to invest my time?
After thinking about it I don't know if we should give up a top LT especially if we draft a young QB after this year. Drafting a young QB with no LT, No WRs is tough to do to a rookie. Im ok with Trading Smith. Save some money. I would Keep staley just for the young rookie QB.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy moly. "Free up more money"??? To use for WHAT??? They've shown little inclination to use cap space in the past, why would we believe they would use it now?

And jeez, I'm not sure what would be worse, trading Staley (for whatever he could get us) and force us to turn our o-line into a makeshift jumble, or trading Smith...whatever little he's done for us isn't his fault and losing him would deprive us of our only legitimate WR.

Holy crap. In my 50 years of being a Niners fan, I think this surpasses even the Joe Thomas years for futility and incompetence. I used to think Baalke was ok, but now I have no idea what he's up to...or if HE has any idea what he's up to. Just piling up draft picks is NOT a plan.

The team's only hope is that SOMEHOW the York's can be convinced to sell, because even if he throws Baalke overboard, I have no faith that Jed knows how to pick a good replacement. Maybe if he turns to a proven graybeard, a Bill Polian or someone like that and says, ok, I surrender, take full control of football operations, do what you need to do, just improve the damn team, get it back to winning.

Not that I can imagine Jed ever actually doing that. Damn, the franchise was arguably the best in football at one time, one of the best in all of sports, and now it's reduced to this rubble.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant like that, it just came tumbling out. It's just such a tragedy.

How often has Baslke done much with 5th round draft picks. This has a feel of desperation and it seems he is now flopping back and forth on his moves. It also feels as if he has lost confidence in his decisions and should that be the case and with his tenure not building the team up with talent (even though defections from last year that were unexpected) the number of holes on this team has increased even with the uptick on the offensive line.

That said with Jeddster in charge he is capable of picking an even worse GM. The only hope is he may accidentally pick a good GM. :hope:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often has Baslke done much with 5th round draft picks. This has a feel of desperation and it seems he is now flopping back and forth on his moves. It also feels as if he has lost confidence in his decisions and should that be the case and with his tenure not building the team up with talent (even though defections from last year that were unexpected) the number of holes on this team has increased even with the uptick on the offensive line.

That said with Jeddster in charge he is capable of picking an even worse GM. The only hope is he may accidentally pick a good GM. :hope:

My guess is he is going to try and promote Tom Gamble as GM. They don't like bringing people in from the outside

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After thinking about it I don't know if we should give up a top LT especially if we draft a young QB after this year. Drafting a young QB with no LT, No WRs is tough to do to a rookie. Im ok with Trading Smith. Save some money. I would Keep staley just for the young rookie QB.

good point, and even IF he has one TOP year left, we'll need it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do think we should get rid of this offseason. This is my board:
Bethea
Brooks
Brock
T. Smith(get a 4-5th rd pick for him)
Reid(trade him) Can get a 3rd-5th rd pick)
Dorsey
Staley(I am a big fan but we need a rebuild and he is getting old and he still has good value.)
Kap
Gabbert

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it feasible, or at all possible that he takes the podium, and fires himself? That would be juuuuust great.

That would be great, lmao, but I doubt that would happen. My best case scenario would be York brought in one of those guys from the list of GM candidates you posted.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be great, lmao, but I doubt that would happen. My best case scenario would be York brought in one of those guys from the list of GM candidates you posted.

Either that or Gamble. I like the Seattle steal as well...he's done some really great things with their squad (dry heave)...and I can't believe I just said that...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either that or Gamble. I like the Seattle steal as well...he's done some really great things with their squad (dry heave)...and I can't believe I just said that...

I am willing to give Gamble a chance but the way things have gone the past couple of years, I would rather see them bring someone in from outside the organization. We need some new blood

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look we did do ok with some late picks and so early picks. We missed more then hit its nice to hit on a guy like Brown, Robinson(I think he can be a #2 or maybe a #1 CB) and Buckner(who looks like he will be a beast). I think Armstead will be a good player. Tartt looks like a good pick. The problem is we missed on a lot of other picks.

This year we need our 1st rd and 2nd rd picks to starters this coming year and we need to use some Cap. Not all Cap because we arent clsoe but we need to add depth and some Tier 2 players. I would not go and spend on a Home run player because well we arent 1 or 2 players away. If this team improves a lot next year then maybe after next year u sign a Top flight FA. 49ers have a shot to be around 80-90 mill under the cap depends on what we do with Kap, T. Smith and Bethea contracts.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Look we did do ok with some late picks and so early picks. We missed more then hit its nice to hit on a guy like Brown, Robinson(I think he can be a #2 or maybe a #1 CB) and Buckner(who looks like he will be a beast). I think Armstead will be a good player. Tartt looks like a good pick. The problem is we missed on a lot of other picks.

This year we need our 1st rd and 2nd rd picks to starters this coming year and we need to use some Cap. Not all Cap because we arent clsoe but we need to add depth and some Tier 2 players. I would not go and spend on a Home run player because well we arent 1 or 2 players away. If this team improves a lot next year then maybe after next year u sign a Top flight FA. 49ers have a shot to be around 80-90 mill under the cap depends on what we do with Kap, T. Smith and Bethea contracts.

agree.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I say we trade Smith and a 4th rounder for Garrapolo that would be a far trade because we could get a starter. Smith is still a good player his QB situation was just the Niner norm

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we are full rebuilding mode .why not Watson? No new team member,HC.GM can turn this team around enough for his need to start next season.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we trade Smith and a 4th rounder for Garrapolo that would be a far trade because we could get a starter. Smith is still a good player his QB situation was just the Niner norm

I like this idea better now...they could use Smith for sure.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we are full rebuilding mode .why not Watson? No new team member,HC.GM can turn this team around enough for his need to start next season.

If we did, no way in hell I'd put him in AT ALL this season. I'd rather go with Ponder to be the punching bag next season while Watson holds the clippy and learns how not to eyeball fuck his first option. I still don't like Watson...very V.Y. II in my eyes.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we did, no way in hell I'd put him in AT ALL this season. I'd rather go with Ponder to be the punching bag next season while Watson holds the clippy and learns how not to eyeball fuck his first option. I still don't like Watson...very V.Y. II in my eyes.
I agree that most team players should just sit and I believe they will.Next season should be a no surprise rebuilding progress. So tell me then, who will be our QB we build around if not Watson?