• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bow out for the season...torn achilles...brutal.

Just stinks. Defense is going to be a lot worse. Just stinks that we lost two starting linebackers for the season. We've had bad luck with injuries the past couple of seasons. Linebacker was one area where we couldn't afford injuries because we are so thin at the position, the other being WR.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stinks. Defense is going to be a lot worse. Just stinks that we lost two starting linebackers for the season. We've had bad luck with injuries the past couple of seasons. Linebacker was one area where we couldn't afford injuries because we are so thin at the position, the other being WR.

Yea it's been a really funky couple years between all the injuries and retirements. Other teams are getting hacked up pretty bad as well...but man that's a really tough loss in the middle. We're not going to be able to get anywhere near the production with Bow on the sideline.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Has york screwed up, First he gets rid of Harbaugh, He then moves to Santa Clara where 49ers are only filling up 50% of the stands. Bad look for York. Should of stayed in San Fran and should kept a good coach.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im on board with trading Staley for a 1st rd pick. He is getting up in age and let him go to a winning team. He deserves it. We need to start over anyways. Only bad thing is now we have a major hole at LT. This team has enough holes.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Has york screwed up, First he gets rid of Harbaugh, He then moves to Santa Clara where 49ers are only filling up 50% of the stands. Bad look for York. Should of stayed in San Fran and should kept a good coach.

It isn't easy getting anything built in SF. If the team was winning division titles and playing competitively, I doubt most people would be complaining about the stadium being located in Santa Clara. If Baalke is still around after this year, I might have a hard time continuing to follow this team. Thank god the Warriors season opens up Tuesday.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't easy getting anything built in SF. If the team was winning division titles and playing competitively, I doubt most people would be complaining about the stadium being located in Santa Clara. If Baalke is still around after this year, I might have a hard time continuing to follow this team. Thank god the Warriors season opens up Tuesday.
Its a bad product on the field right now and its nice to see the fans not showing up. making a stand to York. I will say this when we sucked at candlestick the stadium was still packed.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a bad product on the field right now and its nice to see the fans not showing up. making a stand to York. I will say this when we sucked at candlestick the stadium was still packed.

We need the guy to come back and fly the banners over the stadium. We need another campaign.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade staley for a 1st rd pick and draft a QB and WR combo. The rest of the draft you go Defense.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade staley for a 1st rd pick and draft a QB and WR combo. The rest of the draft you go Defense.

I can't imagine a 30-something LT would fetch a first round pick. I'm not even sure we could get a pick in the top half of the draft. It's nice to dream, though.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine a 30-something LT would fetch a first round pick. I'm not even sure we could get a pick in the top half of the draft. It's nice to dream, though.

If Staley were 27 or 28 maybe. They are just dangling him with a high price to see if there are any takers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can because he is still in the Top 3-5 at LT.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Staley were 27 or 28 maybe. They are just dangling him with a high price to see if there are any takers.

this makes more sense to me, IF they are in fact willing to trade him?

it would have to be to a contending team, so likely a 'low' 1st round pick.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe I read that the Browns want a 2nd for Joe Thomas. If that's the asking price for Thomas, who is IMHO significantly better than Staley, then the Niners asking for a first is unrealistic, at best. But who knows? All it takes is one team who really likes Staley and who is willing to pay the price. But if somebody offers me a 2nd, or maybe even a 3rd, I take it before they have a chance to reconsider.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't know for sure. Would be surprised to get any 1st Rd pick because of his age

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers looking to trade T. Smith to the eagles. looking at a 5th rd pick and free up more money for next season.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers looking to trade T. Smith to the eagles. looking at a 5th rd pick and free up more money for next season.

Holy moly. "Free up more money"??? To use for WHAT??? They've shown little inclination to use cap space in the past, why would we believe they would use it now?

And jeez, I'm not sure what would be worse, trading Staley (for whatever he could get us) and force us to turn our o-line into a makeshift jumble, or trading Smith...whatever little he's done for us isn't his fault and losing him would deprive us of our only legitimate WR.

Holy crap. In my 50 years of being a Niners fan, I think this surpasses even the Joe Thomas years for futility and incompetence. I used to think Baalke was ok, but now I have no idea what he's up to...or if HE has any idea what he's up to. Just piling up draft picks is NOT a plan.

The team's only hope is that SOMEHOW the York's can be convinced to sell, because even if he throws Baalke overboard, I have no faith that Jed knows how to pick a good replacement. Maybe if he turns to a proven graybeard, a Bill Polian or someone like that and says, ok, I surrender, take full control of football operations, do what you need to do, just improve the damn team, get it back to winning.

Not that I can imagine Jed ever actually doing that. Damn, the franchise was arguably the best in football at one time, one of the best in all of sports, and now it's reduced to this rubble.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant like that, it just came tumbling out. It's just such a tragedy.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy moly. "Free up more money"??? To use for WHAT??? They've shown little inclination to use cap space in the past, why would we believe they would use it now?

And jeez, I'm not sure what would be worse, trading Staley (for whatever he could get us) and force us to turn our o-line into a makeshift jumble, or trading Smith...whatever little he's done for us isn't his fault and losing him would deprive us of our only legitimate WR.

Holy crap. In my 50 years of being a Niners fan, I think this surpasses even the Joe Thomas years for futility and incompetence. I used to think Baalke was ok, but now I have no idea what he's up to...or if HE has any idea what he's up to. Just piling up draft picks is NOT a plan.

The team's only hope is that SOMEHOW the York's can be convinced to sell, because even if he throws Baalke overboard, I have no faith that Jed knows how to pick a good replacement. Maybe if he turns to a proven graybeard, a Bill Polian or someone like that and says, ok, I surrender, take full control of football operations, do what you need to do, just improve the damn team, get it back to winning.

Not that I can imagine Jed ever actually doing that. Damn, the franchise was arguably the best in football at one time, one of the best in all of sports, and now it's reduced to this rubble.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant like that, it just came tumbling out. It's just such a tragedy.

I feel your pain. I no longer have any faith that Baalke will do anything with additional draft picks but squander them on mediocre talent. I've seen enough now. If York doesn't dump Baalke at the end of this season, I don't think I can endure another year of this.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It might get really scary now.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might get really scary now.
Yep. I'm right there with him. I'm on the edge of giving up on this team. If Baalke (and others) isn't fired during or after this season, I may take a break from watching the team altogether. If ownership doesn't care enough to put a decent team on the field, why should i care enough to invest my time?